BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Head to roll after the transfer screw up?

What's this? Just a bit of can kicking on a last in first out selection process which, amazingly, fell on low hanging fruit.

Meanwhile we await the club's promised full disclosure on the transfer window debacle, sorry, that thud was me falling over laughing.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 4

His scope seemed mainly to be welsh players and pushed for us to go for them.

We need someone with a much broader scope and better connections, especially around europe if we where to get promoted. 

That said.... My guess would be that he was largely involved in convincing O'brian to sign for us and he wasn't happy with the amature hour fiasco that went on and how it's left O'brian in limbo at an important stage of the players career 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

5 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Again, who here would want to work at a firm where Waggot was the man in charge? 

I would, but only because he's in charge of the one company I'd work for almost regardless of who is in charge. And I'd still resent it. If he was in charge of anywhere else, hard nope.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, arbitro said:

Broughton said we did find the players we wanted, Undav, the French lad, O'Brien and Brierley, but they wouldn't come or the deals were ballsed up. It seems to me he is the sacrificial lamb in the whole sorry mess.

I suppose though, it might be considered that we didn't find enough targets that we wanted. You can't only come up with 5 players (not saying the list was that small, it won't have been) and expect to land them all. You need a decent-sized list as the law of averages in this game suggests you won't be able to sign most players you attempt to. Not with our budget anyway...with a much bigger budget we could probably say 'it's this guy for that position' and stand a good chance of getting him.

32 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I suppose though, it might be considered that we didn't find enough targets that we wanted. You can't only come up with 5 players (not saying the list was that small, it won't have been) and expect to land them all. You need a decent-sized list as the law of averages in this game suggests you won't be able to sign most players you attempt to. Not with our budget anyway...with a much bigger budget we could probably say 'it's this guy for that position' and stand a good chance of getting him.

I agree there was more likely a more extensive list but the players I named (to use transfer deadline day parlance) were in the building. As a striker was the priority it was a failure and I think Williams has took the rap.