BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fantasy Football

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've already done one of these leagues for the Euro 2004 on my website, but i'll enter again with the identical team (assuming i can) smile.gif

EDIT: doh, can only do one team per person sad.gif

Edited by Zath

Well I had just attempted to join the one American linked to, but hotmail (which is a huge pile of crap) is not allowing me to activate my account. For f_ck's sake, there is a lot of faulty sh_t on the internet. I can't even log on to the skysports website sometimes mad.gif.

One of the ways the internet has been ruined over the last 10 or so years is that people expect everything to FREE and don't apreciate those things that are. If somebody goes to all the effort of providing facilities for free, I don't see how people can bitch about them.

The internet was funded upon the idea that if something doesn't work the way you want, you modify it so it does and give the changes away for free. Not, somebody comes up with an idea, makes it available for free, and thousand of ingrates bitch about how they think it should be done, sit just sit on their arses and moan and never think to do anything about it.

For example, I'm a tester (for free) for an excellent piece of (free) software that would make accessing the news on this site much easier. However the author got so fed up with people giving him grief about problems with the software which a. we're rarely the fault of the software and b. in a piece of software still being developed that he how now decided NOT to let anyone new use it. So the world is denied a great bit of software, just because a few people "thought the service wasn't up to scratch".

Out of interest, have you ever offered a service for free ? Did people bitch about it ? Would you continue to do it if they did ?

I only expect things to work, whether or not they're free. It's nice they are free, but that shouldn't mean unreliability and/or faulty goods. I mean, you'd be peeved if you thought you had a bargain when you bought a stereo only to find it screws up when its a bit humid. Like you, I need to let off steam in this way.

Anyway, that doesn't matter, as my team is going to kick your teams' arse tongue.gif . As you will see, I have gone for a largely cheap defence that will not play a game. Therefore no negative points, and more 'money' to spend on the midfield and attack.

Oh, and for all those who have Germans in their teams. Don't forget the 5-1 vs. Romania

Edited by Billy Castell

I only expect things to work, whether or not they're free. It's nice they are free, but that shouldn't mean unreliability and/or faulty goods. I mean, you'd be peeved if you thought you had a bargain when you bought a stereo only to find it screws up when its a bit humid. Like you, I need to let off steam in this way.

LOL, it is impossible to get a computer program to work with NO bugs, well maybe "hello world" learning things. The amount of software running below your hotmail and other things is incredible, the operating system for one. And a comparison with a stereo is a bit silly due to this reason. You really remind me of my project leader when I was working as a coder on a project in Malaysia. He kept asking if the code was bug free. As seen as it was just me at first and then a team of 8 coding from 9am till 9pm (at least for a period of 8 months) with no testing department I always said there would be loads but he didn't like that, he expected it to work perfect first time. Any coder/test will tell you the samething. A bug free program is a myth and will never happen (especially with no testing or when someone is spend hours on it for free).

Anyway going to have a look at this fantasy footy thing now, that gave me a good chuckle thanks.

My frustrations and anger at stuff involving computers is not there for your f_cking entertainment. OK, I understand that you need to try stuff out to see if it works, and things may go wrong. But don't mock me just because I expect things to work and occaisionally get angry when they don't. You can go back to your little world in which you two are so superior to me just because you can do some tomfoolery on a computer that I can't.

P.S. Hot weather does put me in a more irrational mood, so I'll be in a more easy going frame of mind when I'm used to it, and my exams are over. Still don't like you two trying to pull rank over me though.

Edited by Billy Castell

Found a better one on the official euro 2004 site. It's very similar to the one we used for the the premier league fantasy football.

Here's a link Euro 2004 Fantasy Football

You have register but it only takes a minute

I have set up a league. The name is BRFCS and the code to join it is 66704-12246.

Should be good if we can get a few to join.

Edited by Macky

Found a better one on the official euro 2004 site.  It's very similar to the one we used for the the premier league fantasy football. 

Here's a link Euro 2004 Fantasy Football

You have register but it only takes a minute

I have set up a league.  The name is BRFCS and the code to join it is 66704-12246.

Should be good if we can get a few to join.

This is waaaaaaaaaaaay better than the other one, it's basically a Euro 2004 version of the other one we all did.

Could one of the mods not pin this at the top for a while before the tournament starts? Would be good to get a few people in.

Anyway, my team:

Barthez

G. Neville  Andrade  Silvestre  Rui Jorge

Rosicky   Gerrard   Lampard

Kuranyi   Pauleta    Baros

Subs: Zuberbühler, Gravesen, Štolcers, Stepanovs

Edited by LeChuck

One of the ways the internet has been ruined over the last 10 or so years is that people expect everything to FREE and don't apreciate those things that are. If somebody goes to all the effort of providing facilities for free, I don't see how people can bitch about them.

The internet was funded upon the idea that if something doesn't work the way you want, you modify it so it does and give the changes away for free. Not, somebody comes up with an idea, makes it available for free, and thousand of ingrates bitch about how they think it should be done, sit just sit on their arses and moan and never think to do anything about it.

For example, I'm a tester (for free) for an excellent piece of (free) software that would make accessing the news on this site much easier. However the author got so fed up with people giving him grief about problems with the software which a. we're rarely the fault of the software and b. in a piece of software still being developed that he how now decided NOT to let anyone new use it. So the world is denied a great bit of software, just because a few people "thought the service wasn't up to scratch".

Out of interest, have you ever offered a service for free ? Did people bitch about it ? Would you continue to do it if they did ?

Point taken, BUT, it isn't like Microsoft runs Hotmail to give us a free product. They run Hotmail to plug their other products they want us to buy, and to sell advertising on their site and in their EMails.

If anybody else wants to register,  You have until 5.00pm Saturday for the first deadline.

League Name- BRFCS

Code- 66704-12246

IF ONE OF THE MODS IS FEELING FESTIVE THEY COULD PIN THIS AT THE TOP OF THE MESSAGEBOARD

Sorry but...desperate times, desperate measures and all that. biggrin.gif

ph34r.gif

Edited by LeChuck

Joined wink.gif Confident of a very high finish, as my team consists of eleven players who are guaranteed to play if fit. The forwards are the three top contenders for the golden boot, and yet the defense and midfield are still good.

And I haven't got a single player from England, Holland or Germany. I haven't got that in any of my fantasy leagues teams actually, and the only French player I have (In a couple of them) is Henry wink.gif

My team

Niemi

Sol Campbell, Mellberg, J-L Samuel, Bernard

Nolan, Vieira, Lampard, Barry

Henry, Yakubu

Subs:

Sullivan, Stead, Pennant, Volz

Are you sure you've grasped the concept of Euro 2004 yet?

I have entered my team (Rovers Barbarians), with a line-up of...

Thomas Sorensen (GK), Ferreria (RB), Baumann (CB), Campbell (CB), Laursen (LB), Gerrard (RM), Van Der Vaart (CM), Kallstrom (CM), Pedretti (LM), Verpakovskis (CF) and Rooney (CF).

Watch as it finishes bottom!

Nice one Macky.

I'm in. bob fleming XI:

Khan, Miguel, Puyol, A Cole, Ljungberg, Costinha, Lampard, Zidane, Pauleta, Morientes, Rooney.

It's coming home....etc.....

x14 in the league at the moment I believe.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.