SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Gamst Pedersen

krislu

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Hareide tried to hold on to a 1-1 result against Italy, and therefore he didn't have the guts to send on Gamst - he kept the more defensive minded midfielders instead. Then Italy scored ten minutes before time, and we gave up. (we, meaning Norway, not myself) We could have sent on all our firepower and given everything for a goal, but Hareide didn't seem to bother - 2-1 is a fairly good result now isn't it? dry.gif

Coach Hareide tried to hold on to a 1-1 result against Italy, and therefore he didn't have the guts to send on Gamst - he kept the more defensive minded midfielders instead.

I was waiting for MGP to come on all second half. He should have been on by half time for Rudi imo.

Why is Rudi even in the squad? Why?! Why?!!!

Worst. Midfielder. Ever.

Coach Hareide tried to hold on to a 1-1 result against Italy, and therefore he didn't have the guts to send on Gamst - he kept the more defensive minded midfielders instead.

I was waiting for MGP to come on all second half. He should have been on by half time for Rudi imo.

Why is Rudi even in the squad? Why?! Why?!!!

Worst. Midfielder. Ever.

Rudi isn't the that bad, but he is not as good as he once was. I would rather see Norway play more attacking and had MGP in the starting XI. 2-1 is not that bad of a result. We have to win the next game.

Edited by Maverick

Frode Johnsen was the worst player on the pitch, he didn't even manage to work hard and put pressure on ballplaying, brilliant Nesta and their central midfield. Rudi is not a left winger, don't understand why Hoseth didn't play out left with Rudi in the middle alongside POOR Martin Andresen. What's really poor is Hareide's management after the goal though, when 2-1 down he has got nothing to lose - put on Gamst, Iversen and Rushfeldt and try to mow it up and get a poor goal !!

But all credit to Italy, who outplayed us for 94 minutes with their young additions. De Rossi will be a worldclass player, well he already is really..

One of the most interesting aspects of MGP signing for Rovers is the following he seems to have brought with him from Norway onto this board and Lee Grooby's- the Youth Team coach of Tromso included.

All I can say is welcome and I hope you are all proved right when MGP turns into the world beater you clearly believe he is.

How did yous do then, was it a defeat? Sorry lads if it was, i want Norway to do well cos of our previous and now current player links, berg, stig etc

1-1 in a VERY poor game!

Remember when we won easily 2-0 at home against England a "couple" of years ago? Then we played 1-1 at Wembely with a cracking shot from Rekdal... wink.gif

Morten was voted man-of-the-match. A bad performance of him, he can do much better. Didn't get any good passes to work with, and if the other players scored on their chances he' d have some assits. He also created a couple of good chances for himself that he could have scored on.

Not quite the saviour - but I implore fans to give him time.

I've got a bit of a theory (here we go again wink.gif ) on why MGP has found it difficult to play well in his embryonic Rovers career to date. Apart from the obvious upheaval.

But tactically, Souness has recently been keen on a narrow midfield. Meaning, the wingers tuck in alongside the central midfielders - theoretically, solidifying the centre of midfield. (The fact that it means the opposition wingers have more space out wide obviously didn't worry Souness).

It was the ploy we used at the end of last season and what we started off with this season. In the highlights of the matches so far, you often see Souness gesticulating on the touchline with him 'compressing air' between his hands - directing the midfield to play narrow. What's more, after the Man U match MGP revealed that he was told to follow the runs of Gary Neville.

I'm guessing that these negative tactics aren't MGP's style, who is a more attack-minded typical winger who likes to get wide and attack full backs. If we get a manager in who's brains aren't addled by the need for negativity, MGP might be given more freedom to do his stuff. Yes, sadly I think TP has been indoctrinated by the Souey negativity.

Not quite the saviour - but I implore fans to give him time.

I've got a bit of a theory (here we go again wink.gif ) on why MGP has found it difficult to play well in his embryonic Rovers career to date. Apart from the obvious upheaval.

But tactically, Souness has recently been keen on a narrow midfield. Meaning, the wingers tuck in alongside the central midfielders - theoretically, solidifying the centre of midfield. (The fact that it means the opposition wingers have more space out wide obviously didn't worry Souness).

It was the ploy we used at the end of last season and what we started off with this season. In the highlights of the matches so far, you often see Souness gesticulating on the touchline with him 'compressing air' between his hands - directing the midfield to play narrow. What's more, after the Man U match MGP revealed that he was told to follow the runs of Gary Neville.

I'm guessing that these negative tactics aren't MGP's style, who is a more attack-minded typical winger who likes to get wide and attack full backs. If we get a manager in who's brains aren't addled by the need for negativity, MGP might be given more freedom to do his stuff. Yes, sadly I think TP has been indoctrinated by the Souey negativity.

I agree.

In Tromsø Morten also had to be quite defensive some times, and handled that quite well. Don't forget that before Morten left Norway he had the best V02-max level in the country, with 75.

Let's hope the new manager gives some proper guidelines and gives Morten time. If that happends, he will shine.

Hmmm, kind of hard to explain, but i'll try.

v02-max is the same as v02-difference. the v02-difference is the difference between how much oxygen is in the blood when it comes IN to your veins and how much oxygen there is in the oxygen that is transported out. with a lever on 75 this means that Morten can run a very long time without getting the lactic in his legs.

in other words - good stamina.