Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Gamst Pedersen

krislu

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed.

But I'd rather hear about what his ambitions are for Blackburn rather than talking about the end of his contract already. After having a fairly average debut by anyones standards I think he needs to just knuckle down and prove what a great player he is that way he will win over the fans - not by talking about us as a being a stepping stone.

I actually find his comments rather insulting to the club.

Hmmmm, hang on maybe I am being a bit harsh. I'm probably peed off that i'm in work today, after a 450 mile round trip to watch rovers over the weekend (enough said about that the better) and being stuck stationary on the M6 for nearly an hour on sunday afternoon + finding I had a flat tyre when I got back to London. Aaaaaaarrrrrgggghhhhhh

Now that thats off my chest, i'll give him the benefit of the doubt and put it down to "misquoting" by the press.

Don't think Gamst sent out a pressitem about this, if you understand what I mean.. this is probably the result of a direct question from some journalist: What are your ambitions? or something..

He can't really say "I want to play for Blackburn the rest of my career" can he?

Agreed.

But I'd rather hear about what his ambitions are for Blackburn rather than talking about the end of his contract already. After having a fairly average debut by anyones standards I think he needs to just knuckle down and prove what a great player he is that way he will win over the fans - not by talking about us as a being a stepping stone.

I actually find his comments rather insulting to the club.

Hmmmm, hang on maybe I am being a bit harsh. I'm probably peed off that i'm in work today, after a 450 mile round trip to watch rovers over the weekend (enough said about that the better) and being stuck stationary on the M6 for nearly an hour on sunday afternoon + finding I had a flat tyre when I got back to London. Aaaaaaarrrrrgggghhhhhh

Now that thats off my chest, i'll give him the benefit of the doubt and put it down to "misquoting" by the press.

I know Morten a bit, and if I understand that norwegian article (translated to english), he didn't mean that he will leave bburn. Only that this MAY be the last club of his career, and he may move next year. No-one knows.

Morten is always 100% dedicated, so dont get that wrong!

Don't think Gamst sent out a pressitem about this, if you understand what I mean.. this is probably the result of a direct question from some journalist: What are your ambitions? or something..

He can't really say "I want to play for Blackburn the rest of my career" can he?

ummm. Yes some players do say this sometimes!.

After two days in a club, and being chased by 10+ PL clubs? Nah.

Fair play to the lad, if he is ambitious, he will give 100% to the club and try to put in superb performances to get himself noticed. Nowt wrong with that, as he said in the interview he next move could be down rather then up, which shows that he knows he has to play well for us. If he does turn into a superb winger and plays for say 3yrs until he is in his peak and we sell him for a big profit than there is nowt wrong with that.

Fair play to the lad, if he is ambitious, he will give 100% to the club and try to put in superb performances to get himself noticed. Nowt wrong with that, as he said in the interview he next move could be down rather then up, which shows that he knows he has to play well for us. If he does turn into a superb winger and plays for say 3yrs until he is in his peak and we sell him for a big profit than there is nowt wrong with that.

Amen.

On another note, MGP was back in his native Tromsø yesterday and watched them secure the 2nd place with 4 points.

Here is a pic of him having a speach in the half-way break.

http://fotball.adressa.no/multimedia/archi...amst_26531a.jpg

He said he loved the club, and would come back, at one point.

Edited by cuidado

Wrong. Mourinho clearly doesn't beleive that Duff is as good as we do, otherwise he would be starting every chelsea game, and although you may say he is injured, im quite sure he won't be doing from now on, either.

why are you quite sure about that?

what on earth makes you say that?

I think Mourinho has more brains than to leave a fit Duff on the bench for too long.

If you've listened to any of his interviews, he won't stop talking about the improvement that will come with Robben or Duff returning to first team action.

I too agree that I would of liked to see MGP talk more about his ambitions with us.

When i read the article today on sky sports i wasnt too impressed with the terms of using this as a stepping stone for his career!

He should be talking about trying to help improve blackburn's fortunes

I don't see any problem with his comments.

A far better attitude than some players we have had - that appear to only be here for one final pay day.

Being realistic, it would take a number of a youth team players exceeding expectations (as Utd had with Scholes, Beckham etc), a number of shrewd investments that exceed our wildest expectations, for us to get anywhere near the Champions League. And that is where all players with ambition to play at the top want to play these days. If players like Duff and Dunn (who came through the youth system) don't show too much loyality to Rovers - what chance a player who admits that United are his favourite team ?

If Pedersen is as good as he thinks he is - he will provide enough excitement and skill to help us into UEFA again - maybe a run in a Cup. Then we sell him to United/Chelsea for a huge profit - everyone is a winner laugh.gif

withstupid.gif

Care to name these 10+ Premier clubs

withstupid.gif

Care to name these 10+ Premier clubs

Man Utd

Arsenal

Newcastle

Chelsea

Tottenham

Everton

Charlton

Middlesborough

(Blackburn)

1. div:

Sunderland

West Ham

Yet more on Pedersen (L.E.T)

Quite an interesting read except for two things. Per Pedersen did not 'grace' but embarrass Ewood. And he was Danish not Norwegian.

Thanks for the link. A good read it was.

No another note, MGP is not in the starting XI for Norway agains Italy tonight. Seems like the Norwegian manager feels that all the things that have happend the last weeks has caused MGP to lose his form. MGP does not agree with him, but looks forward to come on as a sub.

Well, a bit wrong translated there Maverick.. loss of form isn't really what Hareide's fear is, it's more the rough week Gamst has had, plus having firepower on the bench. Wouldn't you say?

If I remember right he said he was tired. maybe not the same as loss of form in your opinion.