BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

A great night out at the Galpharm with an awesome display from the lads in miserable conditions. After a tense and even first period, Wigan started to turn the screw in the second half and kept on turning. Had Charnley had his kicking boots on, the score would have been more emphatic but it didn't matter in the end. Gelling could have played with more purpose but it was a superb team effort, special credit to our pack who dominated. The large Wigan following was noisy from the off and sang all night, creating a great atmosphere and boosting the attendance to over 10k, Huddersfield's first of the season. Happy days, or should that be nights? :lol:

Edited by Claytons Left Boot

Gelling is potentially a cracker. Just needs to gell in to the team parden the pun! he is playing like a centre (which he is) on the wing getting caught to far ahead of play. A few silly errors at crucial moments too. If he improves the timing of his runs he will soon be a potential star

He has all the necassary atributes

Can't make Sunday Clare, unfortunately. :angry:

Aww shame. I've only just got my tickets, it's been on my to-do list for ages and I had to settle for the top tier.

Gonna be busy in Manc on Sunday - full stadium pretty much at CoM and Football Aid at OT.

Mrs Koi is off on a Hen weekend so no playing out for me on Sunday, not that bothered actually.

I see Lima is off, Madge doesn't really think much off contracts does he?

Hope some serious recruitment is going on behind the scenes. In Lenegan we trust.

Hope some serious recruitment is going on behind the scenes. In Lenegan we trust.

Too right pal, there's a lot of good players to replace. Hope Finchy stays because to lose both halves and of their calibre, would not be ideal. (I didn't type disastrous, but I meant it! :lol: )

Edited by Claytons Left Boot

Too right pal, there's a lot of good players to replace. Hope Finchy stays because to lose both halves and of their calibre, would not be ideal. (I didn't type disastrous, but I meant it! :lol: )

Funny you say that because I don't think Leuluai is that good in the halves. He's a great hooker, but he leaves a lot to be desired at #6/7 (no kicking game for a start!).

That said I don't think we have anyone at the club capable of replacing him next season. We have a pair of halves that are the next big thing, but they're both 16/17. The Mellor/Powell pair don't seem to have kicked on. The other option is to move Sam back to his natural position and play Russell at FB. Hope we don't do something silly like pay a transfer fee for Brough.

Either way we need some serious recruitment at Wigan with Lima, Leuluai, Carmont and possibly Finch leaving. I'm very irritated that ANOTHER Aussie has been allowed to leave before his contract is up. Soft bunch these lads from the Southern Hemisphere aren't they.

Here's one to consider, starting team for first game of next seson

Russell

Charnley

Goulding

Thornley

Richards

Tomkins,S

?????

Prescott

Mcilorum

Mossop

Hansen

Hock

Lockers

Players in bold all academy lads.

Tommy' strength in the halfs is his defence more than anything, it'll be a loss. Brough? nah,not for me.

Now edited NOT to include Finch :angry:

Edited by koi

Easy! Easy! Easy!

What a game :D Couldn't believe how we just kept going through their defence in the first half. Even when we were down to 11 men we defended very well.

Just back from Manchester, had an really good weekend. It's a good venue for it I think, plenty going on around the ground (including Stobartfest!!) which made up for it being a bit further out from city centre.

Only thing is was sitting in the sun for 6 hours is really not for me!! Will be getting tickets in the shade next time :D

Hopefully Wane will draft a couple in. Defo need to a couple of half backs and a forward to replace Lima. Think we may struggle friday v Leeds with the forward situ but hopefully we will have enough with some young lads. With our backs at the min we score at will!

Hopefully Wane will draft a couple in. Defo need to a couple of half backs and a forward to replace Lima. Think we may struggle friday v Leeds with the forward situ but hopefully we will have enough with some young lads. With our backs at the min we score at will!

I don't think we need to replace Lima, as it stands we will have; Mossop, Prescott, Lauaki, Dudson, Flower, Spencer, Burke & Crosby. Possibly Stu will get another year if he can prove his fitness. Biggest problem will be what to do with Matty Russell. He's hot property with three teams I know of wanting him for next season so do we accommodate him or let him go? Move Sam to 6 and put Matty in at 1? There's also a complete lack of quality available for the half back slots. All noises I've heard are that Matty Smith has signed so don't know what will be done with the other position, can't see Soward coming over and the only other OOC player is Brough. Still, in Lenegan we trust.

Leeds will muscle-up on Friday and gave our pack a rough ride but at the moment we look capable of scoring from anywhere in the oppositions 40.

I don't think we need to replace Lima, as it stands we will have; Mossop, Prescott, Lauaki, Dudson, Flower, Spencer, Burke & Crosby. Possibly Stu will get another year if he can prove his fitness. Biggest problem will be what to do with Matty Russell. He's hot property with three teams I know of wanting him for next season so do we accommodate him or let him go? Move Sam to 6 and put Matty in at 1? There's also a complete lack of quality available for the half back slots. All noises I've heard are that Matty Smith has signed so don't know what will be done with the other position, can't see Soward coming over and the only other OOC player is Brough. Still, in Lenegan we trust.

Leeds will muscle-up on Friday and gave our pack a rough ride but at the moment we look capable of scoring from anywhere in the oppositions 40.

Do you think lauaki is good enough? jury still out for me. If all goes well with fielden and he gets back to his best i think he would fit in for lima you are right there. Its a tricky one with matty and sam. I think after a shaky start sam these last 2 seasons is a far better full back than he ever was hb but sure he could slot back in there.

I still think we will do leeds tomo. Cant handle a repeat of last lear. I left at 22-8

Edited by bradeagle

I think Lauaki is in 'steady' camp. He's not the penalty machine he was for Hull and runs quite hard. I do think that Mossop and Dudson will be the two best props in SL, so when you've got them two plus Lauaki, Flower, Precky, Crosby, Spencer you've got to think we've got a young, hungry group of forwards, Fielden might just supplement it for another year.

Sam is most natural at FB IMO but I do think he's a better HB than anybody we're going to sign and I'm not sure who we've got in the kids that'll step-up (not seen enough of Powell to comment). Saying all that, our pack is tearing so many holes in defences players like Matty Smith and Danny Brough might look world class! Oh and Matty Smith is a half decent hooker.

Think we'll beat Leeds.

I thin I'm enjoying this more than last week!!! Hahaha dirty leeds! Just been awesome.

Damn. I knew I should have gone!

What a performance tonight with a so called depleted pack. Shows the value of strength in depth. This is some team. There is mention elsewhere of peaking at the wrong time. This can be a feature of Rugby League but my view is just keep winning and beating anyone put in front of you. That breeds confidence and confidence breeds success.

Come on Wigan!!

(How can I wait until Tuesday to watch it on BBC iplayer? :angry2:

Just at the moment I'd go as far as saying this is as good as Wigan have been in SL. I'll also really get excited and say that Sam is quite possibly approaching Hanley's level and I never thought I'd see a player of that calibre in a Wigan shirt for a long long time!