BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] A Bit Of Good News...For Once

Nate

What is good news about that?

SAF wanting to change a game so we lose a trophy, the game that should be changed is the one last season at the prawn sandwich outlet, we may still have an unpopular MANAGER in charge instead of a pariah that looks like never being a MANAGER while he has a hole in his arse

I love Andy Grays comments after the Liverpool game:

"I feel Blackburn can win the premier league for many years to come"

18 months later Harford had us 20th no wins in 11.

Well done Harford, useless.

In fairness to both Ray Harford had Zidane and Dugarry all lined up to come until JW most unwisely decided to remain loyal to the players that won the Prem. Jacks one big mistake as far as I can rem cos there really is no loyalty in football and repaying that loyalty never ever crossed the minds of said players and their agents.... and KMD himself for that matter. <_<

As the old saying amongst football managers goes "if you don't get rid of bad players... they'll get rid of you". Fully validated by messrs Shearer, Sherwood, Batty, Le Saux etc

In fairness to both Ray Harford had Zidane and Dugarry all lined up to come until JW most unwisely decided to remain loyal to the players that won the Prem. Jacks one big mistake as far as I can rem cos there really is no loyalty in football and repaying that loyalty never ever crossed the minds of said players and their agents.... and KMD himself for that matter. <_<

As the old saying amongst football managers goes "if you don't get rid of bad players... they'll get rid of you". Fully validated by messrs Shearer, Sherwood, Batty, Le Saux etc

Hardfords signings 1995/96

Flitcroft 3.5 million

Coleman 3 million

Holmes 1.2 million

Bohinen 1.75 million

McKinlay 1.75 million

Fenton 1.5 million

Gudmundsson 0.75 million

Total spend £13.45 million

Kenny's signings 1994/95

Sutton 5 million

Jeff Kenna 1.5 million

Robbie Slater 0.3 million

Total spend £6.8 million

Sorry if I forgot some more Kenny signings durring 94/95, just pointing out Harford had money and wasted it, big players got p1ssed off and left.

What is good news about that?

SAF wanting to change a game so we lose a trophy, the game that should be changed is the one last season at the prawn sandwich outlet, we may still have an unpopular MANAGER in charge instead of a pariah that looks like never being a MANAGER while he has a hole in his arse

It's good news as it still haunts him to this day. Took my mind off SK for an hour or so!

Hardly fair to be critical of SAF for saying that. We should see it as an honour that he essentially views that as his greatest disappointment. This a man that has won everything, including most things several times, but who has also finished second more than once and lost finals, including a champions league final.

Great manager and glad that our club is the central role in his biggest career regret.

I'm sure on a Sky Sports show recollecting the title winning season Flowers, Hendry and Sherwood had a round table discussion about the time, and it being Harford's decision not to buy Zidane, Dugarry and Batistuta. Jack wanted to splash the cash and push on in Europe. If I remember correctly, Flowers said Zidane was actually down at Ewood ready to sign. Memory is hazy, the show was on a couple of years ago and repeated a few times.

Quite incredible when you think about it.

Jack's biggest mistake was being loyal to RH. If only we could have followed Dalglish with someone experienced, what might have been :rover:

Archived