BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Olympics

I must say I found some of the judging in the boxing baffling. If the British super heavyweight did not batter his French opponent I must have watched a different fight. Couldn't understand the scoring at all.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must say I found some of the judging in the boxing baffling. If the British super heavyweight did not batter his French opponent I must have watched a different fight. Couldn't understand the scoring at all.

Joyce threw lots of punches, came forward throughout the fight and was robbed Al in my opinion.

Fights aren't necessarily won by number of punches, quality shots count, and the French lad blocked loads on the gloves and hit Joyce on the counter, but I'm not having Joyce lost that bout, I think they gave all 3 rounds to the French lad.

I'm also sick of hearing about Mo Farah now.......

The guys brilliant, his achievements are outstanding but enough is enough BBC.

Joyce threw lots of punches, came forward throughout the fight and was robbed Al in my opinion.

Fights aren't necessarily won by number of punches, quality shots count, and the French lad blocked loads on the gloves and hit Joyce on the counter, but I'm not having Joyce lost that bout, I think they gave all 3 rounds to the French lad.

I'm also sick of hearing about Mo Farah now.......

The guys brilliant, his achievements are outstanding but enough is enough BBC.

I'm the same with that Tom Daly, me me me, it's all about me.

I was actually glad when he didn't qualify for the last event. In tears the big pansy

If this Olympics gets more funding for competitive Golf, I'm all for it!

The golf was great, loved it, but money ruled and many decided to hide behind Zika virus as an excuse not to play.

Pathetic really.

I think he fell victim to jealousy - there was no way GB were going to win yet another Gold unless he knocked the guy out. The last round was especially ridiculous - one judge said the French guy won by covering up for the entire round.

Anyway, it's a reason I'm not such a fan of boxing - seems like loads of it is just one big fix - it's like a more violent WWF.

If this Olympics gets more funding for competitive Golf, I'm all for it!

I'm against sports that the Olympics are not the top honour of winning, such as golf and Tennis which have the majors/grand slam events, and baseball in which about 4 countries give a flying ---- about but those who did play the golf and tennis did really enjoy competing and getting medals.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived