Photo
- - - - -

NFL 2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked (or you're not logged in)
284 replies to this topic

#41 ABBEY

ABBEY

King Venky Hater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22667 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:14 AM

its ours matt lol

**WARNING** grasses and babies alert..deedums..

#42 ABBEY

ABBEY

King Venky Hater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22667 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:18 AM

415am ...we miss.. no refuse hightower n martin...and no players picked...hangover coming for mout and builders here at 8....

#43 Jeru tha Damaja

Jeru tha Damaja

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:23 AM

Riley Reiff...I'll take that. Highly-rated tackle to replace Cherilus or Backus. Second year running we've got a player who slid on draft day. I guess making the step up to being a play-off team means you have to take advantage of franchises who let high quality players pass them by in the draft. David DeCastro would have been a top pick, too, and I don't know if I'm a little disappointed that we took a very good tackle over a guard who is touted to be dominant at his position over the next 10 years.

Reiff also played guard on occasion and comes from a team that runs the ball a lot, so maybe he will be useful in opening up running lanes. Hard to be upset when you get a guy who was tipped as a top-10 prospect at no.23, though.

Claiborne, Barron and Gilmore all went top 10, so there wasn't much scope to improve our secondary. Maybe we could have skipped ahead of the Bengals for Kirkpatrick, but I think we got better value staying where we were.

I'd love to see us trade up for Jenkins in the second round, but I doubt it'll happen. Too much of a gamble and too many spots to move up to get him.

For the rest of the NFC North, the Vikings did exactly what was scripted, but one elite tackle won't stop us mauling Christian Ponder twice this season. The Bears and Packers both took pass-rushers, but I think our pick added more talent than theirs.

What were the Browns doing, though? They traded up to get the same player they would have got if they'd stayed at no.4, then selected a QB who will be 29 when the season starts in the first round. At least Trent Richardson should give them a top running option.

You'd have thought there was someone worth taking for the Broncos, but obviously Elway and Fox think they'll add more depth by taking more picks in the middle rounds instead of one 1st-round guy. Wait and see how that turns out.
If you're not careful the newspapers will have you hating the people who are oppressed and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.

#44 ABBEY

ABBEY

King Venky Hater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22667 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 15:14 PM

I am waiting .. Man I had hangover .. 6am bed and 830 the builders came ha I've been rough all day .

#45 Jeru tha Damaja

Jeru tha Damaja

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 15:26 PM

Didn't have the time to stay up all night watching the draft, but obviously I was pretty happy with how it turned out for the Lions.

Actually I thought it was even better than that at first, because the draft re-cap I was reading said the Lions had traded up to get Donta Hightower at 25 as well, but obviously that turned out to be a mistake because all the picks were coming in so fast the guy wrote Lions when it should have been Patriots. The Pats' linebacker corp is looking awesome now, nobody will be running the ball on them this season.

You'd have thought the Broncos would have taken as much immediate talent as they could. Developmental players don't make sense when you're trying to give Peyton Manning the weapons to win Superbowls at this stage in his career.

At least you can't be as mad at your front office as the Seattle fans. Drafting a guy who was projected to go in the 3rd round.
If you're not careful the newspapers will have you hating the people who are oppressed and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.

#46 Rovermatt

Rovermatt

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9050 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 21:03 PM

Given that the Vikings were actively looking to shop their position, I assume Cleveland moved up a spot to stop anybody else jumping in to grab Richardson.

Edited by Rovermatt, 27 April 2012 - 21:03 PM.

“Bible camp's cancelled.

#47 ABBEY

ABBEY

King Venky Hater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22667 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 23:52 PM

DERECK WOLFE DTWe needed this position filling :)

#48 RibbleValleyRover

RibbleValleyRover

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8538 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:07 AM

Perry in the first round and Worthy in the second (what a steal!). :D

Great business by TT :tu:

Edited by RibbleValleyRover, 28 April 2012 - 01:08 AM.

#49 ABBEY

ABBEY

King Venky Hater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22667 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:17 AM

So far and based on highlight reels and uni sites, I think we are looking good from it. Wolfe seems to ridiculously undervalued on NFL.coms draft rankings ,albeit after listing to the TV experts .
Brock looks to be one for the future and he can only learn and benefit from the likes of Manning and Elway.
Hilman ,I had never heard of but he looks like a speed merchant and looks like we have another potential, highlight reel TD machine.

#50 Jeru tha Damaja

Jeru tha Damaja

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:45 AM

Looked like a strange choice on the surface when the Lions took a wide-out in the second round. We had needs at OL, RB, CB, DE and possibly safety, yet we took a WR when we already have Megatron and Young who we drafted last year and really came on strong in the second half of his rookie year.

When you look at it a little more closely it starts to make sense, though. Before his injury, Ryan Broyles was a top talent at WR, the 2nd highest for receiving yards in the history of college football. If we can rehab his ACL properly and get him learning the playbook he could be another massive weapon for Stafford this season, and with Megatron, Young and Broyles on the field there's no way anyone can cover all our receiving threats (they have enough trouble just trying to stop Calvin).

On the O-line we've just drafted Reiff, who could be a franchise left-tackle. Plus we've got Jason Fox from a couple of years back who the staff really like if he can stay healthy. That gives us scope to move Cherilus or Backus to guard, Peterman played pretty well last season, Sims can be benched and while it would have been nice to get an upgrade on Raiola our front office will not draft for need.

At DE we need a replacement for Kyle Vanden Bosch real soon and it would be reassuring if Cliff Avril would sign a new deal. But we do have Willie Young and Lawrence Jackson there, and Suh is so versatile that he has lined up on the end and even as a stand-up linebacker on some plays.

RB we're looking good as long as Leshoure doesn't get more than a one-game ban for the pot possession, and if Jahvid Best and/or Kevin Smith are healthy then there's some home-run potential if anyone bothers blocking for them.

That leaves corner as the real issue. Jacob Lacey has experience starting in the NFL and Chris Houston is alright, even if I don't fancy him matching up with Jennings or Marshall. Taking Dwight Bentley in the third round was a decent move, he has the talent to have been a mid-second round pick, really stood out during the Senior Bowl week according to people who watch that kind of thing, and is a CB who makes a lot of tackles, as opposed to Alphonso Smith who thinks he's a ball hawk and just ends up getting burned over and over again.

Good news for us is the Vikes have improved, but not enough. The Bears are going to be competitive, though, and the Packers have made improvements to their front seven.

As far as the Broncos, a lot of people would have taken Worthy, Still or Reyes ahead of Wolfe, and most seem to think Osweiler was a third-round pick. Still, front offices tend to be proved right more often than the pundits.

#51 ABBEY

ABBEY

King Venky Hater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22667 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 15:19 PM

XL BRONCO HOODIE ADDED TO SHOP
OTHER TEAMS AND SIZES MAY BE AVAILABLE...FEEL FREE TO ASK.

Eddie are you running the fantasy again? if not Ive set one up for my site.

#52 T4E

T4E

'''''''''''''

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11300 posts
  • Twitter: @@neilt4e

• ST Block: NO5

Posted 02 May 2012 - 19:27 PM

Junior Seau has been found dead at the age of 43, self inflicted gunshot wound to the chest.
Are you a benny tied to a tree?

#53 HemelRover

HemelRover

Uefa Europa League

• Community Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1489 posts
  • Xbox Gamer Tag:BigPhatTom
  • Twitter: @BigPhatTom

Posted 02 May 2012 - 20:00 PM

More on the above, including this possible hint?

"Seau's death, by gunshot wound to the chest, is similar to the way former Chicago Bears defensive back Dave Duerson committed suicide. Duerson shot himself in the chest on Feb. 17 -- a method used so that his brain could be examined for symptoms of CTE (chronic traumatic encephalopathy), a trauma-induced disease common to NFL players and others who have received repeated blows to the head."

http://www.boston.co...t_junior_s.html
Everyone is wise until he speaks.

#54 ABBEY

ABBEY

King Venky Hater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22667 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 23:21 PM

Shocking ..

#55 ABBEY

ABBEY

King Venky Hater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22667 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 21:27 PM

stokley stoked to be back

#56 cn174

cn174

Web Wizard

• Backroom Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6605 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:00 AM

Found these draft graphs on a website I go on, I think the data is scalped from nfl.com, but quite interesting - analysis of every draft pick since 1936.

Posted Image

Posted Image
[url="[url="http://www.brfcs.com/mb/admin/"]http://www.brfcs.com/mb/admin/[/url]%3Ca]http://www.brfcs.com/mb/admin/[url="[url="http://www.brfcs.com/mb/admin/"]http://www.brfcs.com/mb/admin/[/url]%3Ca]http://www.brfcs.com/mb/admin/
[url="[url="http://www.brfcs.com/mb/admin/"]http://www.brfcs.com/mb/admin/[/url]%3Ca]http://www.clarenolan.co.uk'>Clare's Portfolio

#57 T4E

T4E

'''''''''''''

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11300 posts
  • Twitter: @@neilt4e

• ST Block: NO5

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:51 AM

Interesting stuff. Surprising that LSU are so low on the first graph.
Are you a benny tied to a tree?

#58 RibbleValleyRover

RibbleValleyRover

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8538 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 13:15 PM

Interesting graphs.

The pick positions one is quite interesting, it's also very likely you will see some positions drop off in terms of importance. With the clear shift away from the running game and instead focusing on the passing game you should the number of first round RB's being taken dropping off in the coming decades.

#59 ABBEY

ABBEY

King Venky Hater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22667 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 18:39 PM

PRATER , WARREN ,ELWAY AND FOX UPDATES .... I thought Prater had signed his contract, he hasnt.

It looks like i have spots on the fantasy league ,if anyone wants to join let me know.

#60 ABBEY

ABBEY

King Venky Hater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22667 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 19:01 PM

Dont know if anyone needs wembley tickets this year but there some thru my stub hub link on my site....I have not checked prices or how many left tho.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Important Legal Information

All content is copyright of its respective posters and may not be representative of the views of BRFCS Ltd, its staff, volunteers, members, sponsors or advertisers. Content on the public forums of this site is not pre-moderated. If you feel that any content is defamatory or constitutes harassment, or that it contravenes the site posting guidelines, or that it may result in the site or its owners, volunteers, users or members facing legal action, you should alert BRFCS immediately either by using the REPORT function available on every post or by sending an email to admin@brfcs.com with details of the content in question.

Note that this site uses cookies. As the site does not function without cookies, any use of the site implies consent for us to use them. Under new European law, BRFCS is required to disclose how these cookies are used. Please see our privacy policy for more information.

BRFCS Ltd. Registered in England and Wales under company registration number 07315781.