BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Convicts Return

Timmy

Just going back to the decisions - the whinging ozzies wink.gif have had a number of LBW appeals against them turned down, when hawkeye shows that it would have hit leg stump, however there is enough doubt to say no, fair enough no complaints.

Id moan more about inside edges onto pads if I were you.

Also how many catches did Brad Hogg make when clarke was having his back expertly massaged at Old Trafford by two thai ladyboys (alledgedly wink.gif )

Anyway what comes arond goes around, if you want to play in a spirit of fairplay - you have to as well, tell Warne to stop appealing for anything and everything and I'll give you some more sympathy.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Katich out.

Another shocking umpiring decision and Flintoff off for a rest.

Time they tightened up the substitution rules.

342532[/snapback]

Na na na na heeeey goodbyeee! wub.gif

Don't you think that it's the same rules for everybody and if the aussies could take advantage of it they would. Seems that england have some good subs and a clever plan to make use of the laws that exist!

We don't want teams playing with 10 men, as in football. As people say it ruins the game! dry.gif

81-7 effectively!

Ooo good 6 by warne! Gileo, has the answer! Stumped! Played Jonesy!!!!

Edited by modes98

Katich was unlucky but then Warne was plum about 10 mins later. It all evens out which is why I cannot understand people who don't see that. Neekoy if you seriously think this will be a hollow victory you truly are clueless. Have a read of some of the many decent posts from fellow Aussies, and Don wink.gif , who have pointed out the failings of your team. You cannot be outplayed in 3 tests in a row and ever seriously think you are unlucky.

Modes I feel the 12th man should be the sub fielder rather than the best fielder from the local league.

Doesn't seem right that you can pluck whoever you want and send him on when a bowler wants a rest.

342551[/snapback]

I agree, and there is a point to be made that no-one else seems to have made (to my knowledge). I don't have a problem with substitutions, however, England being the home side, they can choose their strongest fielder in the land as a mere substitute. He needed have a hope of being in the team proper.

Do the visiting team ever have that luxury. Of course not. Sure there is a lot of money in the game, but it is infeasible that Australia could:

1. pick the finest fielder in the domestic competition, not figuring in the first eleven.

2. ask him to miss out on the matches in his domestic competition.

3. perhaps pay for the match fees for the matches he misses

etc...

Of course you could say that the visiting side is never on a level playing field from a logistical point of view anyway... however, the actual matches themselves should have the maximum equality for the teams.

Simon Jones is likely out of the team for the Oval test. Would Pratt replace him? I don't think so, right?

Say Clarke didn't recover in time for this Trent Bridge match, would Hogg have been a candidate for replacing him. Of course.

I think the rules should be made like the World Cup, whereby you choose an squad before the series, and you can only select players from the squad you chose.

I've never been so exhausted while being sat in a chair laugh.gif

To be fair the Aussies put up a superb fight. Warne and Lee was superb. If the no balls were less the match may have been even closer

Well played Hoggard and the king of Spain.

Edited by Cookiemonster

Congratulations guys. You cannot lose the series from this point, so are now, IMO, equal number one in the world. Thoroughly deserved.

I am still proud of the Australian team... England may be taking over the mantle as worlds best, but Australia are showing why they have been number one for so long. You have to fight the whole way, and try to overcome whatever adversity you encounter.

England have the team to hold the number one spot, they will have to work hard to keep it. Winning at the Oval, and capturing the Ashes may confirm whether they have that ethic.

Congrats once again.

What magnificent cricket!!!

Who said cricket was boring? Well done England for hanging on! Cant praise Warne and Lee highly enough for the way they bowled to try and save the game. I thought it was great how the Aussies shook hands with England even though they would have been gutted at just having lost, it was very sportin which we haven't seen from previous Aussie sides.

Whatever happens at the Oval this has been the best Cricket series i have ever known and both sets of players deserve an awful lot of praise for making the nation go cricket crazy!

I hope England nick it and i think we deserve it having experienced so much pain over the last 20 years!

Cumon England make us all proud!!!

you can always rely on the king of spain!

how many more times can my heart stop before being declared clinical dead?

it's like Custards last stand with these aussies...just shows the diffrence between the 2 teams. The aussies are replying on only a couple of players performing (warne and lee) whilst a lot of the englasih are perfroming

For the Oval-a nice boring rain affected draw please God. England win the toss and make a big score over 2 days, and can than sit back and enjoy!

during the end of the match my girlfriend came up with "are there 2 Flintoff's in the team?"

no theres only one Freddie!

it's like Custards last stand with these aussies...just shows the diffrence between the 2 teams. The aussies are replying on only a couple of players performing (warne and lee) whilst a lot of the englasih are perfroming

I assume you mean Custer? The comparisons aren't there, unless the Aussies were slaughtered due to the arrogance of one man wink.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.