SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Convicts Return

Timmy

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I predict lots of pontificating, boasting, trolling and masterful baiting from the likes of Jim, Cheeky Sidders and Sam Dingle.

Which reminds me, doesn't he still owe Dave Birch 50 quid from the previous Ashes series? laugh.gif

As for the score... I don't really care as long as the rain stays away and the tests go for five days, and Gilly lets loose with another classic 100 scored at greater than a run a ball.

In regards to the ashes I feel that the series as a whole will be won by the Aussies, but I think it will be quite close with each test closely fought - probably be 2-1 with 2 draws. Or 5-0 to the Aussies - Id love an England win but cant honestly see it this year, however next series with a young england side maturing and an already old Austrailian side aging further, Aussie home advantage may not be enough.

That being said cant wait for this series come on England, lets scrape a win in the first test then pray for the wetest summer ever.

it coz he has no idea what we're talking about

321741[/snapback]

It hasnt stopped you over the last 6200 posts.

I can't see England winning the series, as theres too many players who havent played the aussies yet, but i can see us improving on the last couple of tours and it will hopefully put us in good stead for the next ashes tour down under in 2006/7

321741[/snapback]

I can't see England winning the series, as theres too many players who havent played the aussies yet, but i can see us improving on the last couple of tours and it will hopefully put us in good stead for the next ashes tour down under in 2006/7

321762[/snapback]

A fact im most proud of

#### wink.gif

Why are you proud of it? People might think that you're just an airhead from Essex or somewhere... unsure.gif

I, on the other hand, think we might do quite well for once, upsetting the Australian applecart.

If not, I've no doubt this comment will be resurrected to bite me on the arse at some point in the future.

Why are you proud of it?  People might think that you're just an airhead from Essex or somewhere...  unsure.gif

just call me Tracy wink.gif

If not, I've no doubt this comment will be resurrected to bite me on the arse at some point in the future.

321770[/snapback]

Im sure ASEF would say a very nice arse though

wub.gif

321741[/snapback]

321762[/snapback]

The fact that England have a few players who haven't played against the Aussies before could be a bonus Ste.

Think it will be a close and for once competative series. Just hope to God England shade it.

By the way did anybody read the scandalous article by Peter Roebuck at the weekend? He voiced doubt about Flintoff's action and basically called him "a chucker".

Still, Roebuck is now an honourary Aussie so we probably should not listen to his trecherous ranting.

By the way did anybody read the scandalous article by Peter Roebuck at the weekend?  He voiced doubt about Flintoff's action and basically called him "a chucker".

321872[/snapback]

It's hardly surprising the aussies try every trick in the book to put off england. Its only because they know it will be close this time.

Englands time is approaching to become the best in world, maybe not this ashes series but we're going to fight all the way this time! mad.giftongue.gif

The only player that really worries me is Warne. Take Warne out of their attack and I genuinely believe that our bowling attack is better. England's bowlers over the last two years have complimented each other brilliantly and there's no reason to think this will change against the Aussies.

But we don't have a spinner anything like as good as Warne. Given a suitable pitch he can win a match on his own. It could be that each of the groundsmen are as important to England's chances as anyone.

Both batting line ups are fairly equal I think, and if anything we have more depth with the likes of Petersen and Key not even in the first choice eleven.

Can't wait.

The only player that really worries me is Warne.  Take Warne out of their attack and I genuinely believe that our bowling attack is better.

321902[/snapback]

I think you're forgetting a certain G McGrath, old and injured but still a dangerous wicket-taker after he has slipped the umpire the odd fiver or two.

What tiddles me off is the way in which the ECB has been so accommodating to the enemy, devising a schedule that gives them maximum practice and playing time before the Tests and allowing the infidels to acclimatise by playing county cricket, viz lardarse drug-baron Warne at Hampshire.

I wouldn't let them in the country until two days the first Test at Lord's on July 21, and only then on the proviso that they promise to attend the serious offenders rehabilitation unit at Parkhurst for corrective training.

If the Bowlers i.e. Harmison, Jones, Flintoff and Hoggard perform to their capabilities it could be the first series victory of my lifetime!!

If England are to win they need to strike while the iron is hot, that means win one of the first two tests, no point leaving it until the 4th or 5th test and another story of what might have been!

I think Australia will retain the Ashes but in a 1-1 Series draw

321741[/snapback]

It's your big cricket thing with who you call the convicts, but normally would be referred to as "the cousins we don't like to admit we are related to." Don't worry, we all have one or two of those in our family.

I've tried watching cricket, even understand a bit of how it is played, just can't get into it. Might have to try it in person one day, I'm sure it's a big difference watching it live.

By the way, do you guys get the BA commercial over there with the American announcer watching the cricket and complaining when the "baseball" game gets in his way? Brilliant!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.