SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Convicts Return

Timmy

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Especially if Pietersen or Freddy comes in.

Edit - Put the mockers on that one

325812[/snapback]

Don't think so. They still got 9 wickets in hand. They can be looser later on and really... oops, make that 8 wickets in hand now rolleyes.gif ... still could pile on the runs later though.

poor aussie wassies cant sleepy weepy because of a haunted hotel...poor gobby big man shaney waney watson had to sleep in someone elses room because he thought them naughty wardrobe monster was gonna get him..............

IVE HEARD IT ALL NOW...WHO YA GONNA CALL GHOSTBUSTERS.

looks like a defeat...well we got to give them one game to win, and it might as well be this one...

could not believe it when I looked up the score this afternoon on interent and england had won the toss and where bowling..strange call for a day/night game

It works both ways doesn't it?

We win a couple matches and everyone thinks Australia won't take a wicket let alone win a match, now we lose a game and suddenly it's Australia have hit form and oh no we don't stand a chance. The one day series and the ashes will be close contests and will be won by whichever side turns up on the day and gets that little bit of luck at the right times. Let's just hope that it's england.

Good win by Australia, the best thing is that after an 8 week break from playing any cricket we can still dig deep when we need to.

It will be a good test for the English to see how they handle pressure

My prediction is they will fold like yesterdays freshly pressed panties

Neekoy you over arrogant b*****d. It really annoys me how earlier on you were complianing about us and here you go again. A right d******d.

And just wondering, if you can "still dig deep when you need to" where was this against England in the 20/20? Or against England and Bangladesh in the first two one day games? You played well, we played badly, simple as. Just don't be such a hypocrite.

Yay! That's all I have to say.

Well, actually, a little bit more. Englands performance in the field was pretty good. I hope that (grudgingly no doubt) you English accept that Australia's class got it to what turned out to be enough of a total, despite some quite restrictive bowling and fielding.

Inversely, it is a credit to the quality the England team have at the moment, that I was dissapointed with the target Australia set. However, England couldn't manage it. I am treating it as a hiccup, because there is undoubted quality in their batting line-up.

From this Australian supporting viewpoint, they still have to up their game, because England aren't going to let them win this ODI series easily.

There's no doubt Australia put in a good performance yesterday. Though England's batting was sadly lacking they did do well with the Bowling, except in the early stages and I think we are in desperate need of that extra quality bowler to open the bowling with Gough.

I still stand by my earlier comments. Australia's ability to win cricket games this summer is dictated by the wobbly old joints of McGrath, Warne and Gillespie.

Mind you it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out, as Nasser Hussien has been saying similar things in the papers lately. He did make a good point who Australia has been very successfull in seamlessly replacing its batsmen when they retire with players of quality (e.g. Mark Waugh for Damien Martyn), but the same policy hasn't been so successfull with our bowlers.

Hussien thinks that Brett Lee will be the key player of the series.

I can't wait for the Ashes to start.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.