SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Convicts Return

Timmy

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went last night, a good do all round.Law-awesome. Nine quid for my ticket, and sat under the upper tier opposite the pavilion-very good value compared with prem prices.

328673[/snapback]

It was good value and I would go again.

I also enjoyed the few beers I had in Manchester later. tongue.gif Seem to remember being in a nice pub called The Chop House.

The evening was then marred by some Dingles on the last train singing songs about Jack Walker. mad.gif

It was good value and I would go again.

I also enjoyed the few beers I had in Manchester later.  tongue.gif  Seem to remember being in a nice pub called The Chop House.

The evening was then marred by some Dingles on the last train singing songs about Jack Walker.  mad.gif

328686[/snapback]

That`ll be Mr Thomas Chop House on Cross St. Round the corner from Corbieres.

Well Aussies have won this by the looks of it

328695[/snapback]

I'll wait... but I am completely stunned! I was extremely disappointed with the target. Now I would be extremely disappointed if Australia don't win... what the bloody hell is going on with the pitch???

Hmm i don't think MV has got the batting tactics right rolleyes.gif

All Out for under 50? ph34r.gif

Southaussie: it's not like the aussies made it look easy out there themselves! rolleyes.gif

Edited by modes98

TwentyTwenty is bad for the game.

The English batsman are playing ridiculous shots that should be confined to the rounders version of cricket that 2020 is.

328699[/snapback]

Seeing Old Trafford full of kids and families for the Twenty20 last night, compared to the 600 or so that were there for the Lancashire v Northants 4 day game Id have to strongly disagree.

Unbelievable. Just goes to show the difference between this series and the last few Ashes series. In the past, if Australia had us 5 down for not many they'd have gone in for the kill. Similarly, if England were 5 down quickly we'd have folded like a deckchair and been all out within the hour.

This England team is made of sterner stuff though and more often than not someone steps up and sees us home.

Two closely matched teams and the Ashes are going to be brilliant - bring it on.

Fantastic, just been watching with an Aussie in the pub. I feared the worst when our first order went for barely nothing, but Jones and Collingwood put up a good fight. Very tense finish. Fantastic. Not a big cricket fan but it was great to watch!

sorry we woz robbed!

england should have won...having lost one fewer wicket...not just tied the game

still amazing game...some intial poor batting and bowling by england but pulled it back well in both departments

really tense at the last

5-33

A very overrated England team.

328696[/snapback]

Too soon came the cry. The convict bowling attack showed no depth whilst the England batting line up did. On any other day we would have won on fewer wickets lost.

Stick to your barbies.

Not over yet.  If England bat the 50 overs they'll win.

328719[/snapback]

If the umpire had no-balled McGrath for a chest high full bunger in that last over then we would.

Well done Aussie, you nearly beat us there. Who knows, you may even do well in the tests.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.