BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Convicts Return

Timmy

As was said in the pub a draw was probably a fair result.. Funny how all the Aussies are pretty gracuious except the plastic one who turned his back on his true country

328772[/snapback]

\

I don't know about plastic but I've got a piece of paper that says I'm an Aussie.

What's your problem?Had too much bitter in the pub?

And sorry I didn't pop on here to say what a great game it was.I thought I should go to bed.

There's no chance the English will win the Ashes though

Edited by SouthAussieRover

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And another question for you MB.

What do you think of the plastic "Englishmen" in your team.

Aren't you glad Strauss and Pieterson have joined their adopted country's international team?

Im sure the England selectors are glad they made that decision as they are an asset to the team.

Seeing Old Trafford full of kids and families for the Twenty20 last night, compared to the 600 or so that were there for the Lancashire v Northants 4 day game Id have to strongly disagree.

328721[/snapback]

There must have been 15000 at OT on Friday night and didn't we have fun! Singing, Mexican waves, banter with the Bressan and Lumb (good sense of humour that lad has). Lancashire came out to literally smash Yorkshire all over the ground with 18 boundaries in the first 6 overs, scoring 207 before bowling Yorks out for 97.

I can understand why the purists don't like 20/20 but I've taken the kids to three games in five days this week and we may go tonight. We have two junior memberships because it's such a good deal, we buy food and drink at the game and replica shirts this week as well. Without 20/20 we simply wouldn't have thought about it. Plus the pleasure at 20/20 stimulated me to buy tickets for 3rd Test.

PS - the replica shirts are better quality than Rovers! sad.gif

\

I don't know about plastic but I've got a piece of paper that says I'm an Aussie.

And sorry I didn't pop on here to say what a great game it was.I thought I should go to bed.

328774[/snapback]

Bitter? Far from it I thought it was a great evenly matched contest. What's wrong hit a nerve did i? You can all the pieces of paper in the world but we all know where you're from. That's why you have to try so hard at this banter, to prove you're a 'real' Aussie I suppose.

Super match.. had no trouble staying up until 4 am!!

As Beefy Botham said during the last over.... if the Ashes are as good as that match, we are all in for a treat this month.

Woo-hoo!

And another question for you MB.

Aren't you glad Strauss and Pieterson have joined their adopted country's international team?

328776[/snapback]

Yes I am. Strauss's parents are English, as is Pietersen's mother.

Englishmen supporting Australia are akin to collaborators during the war.

You shall henceforth be known as Lord Haw-Haw.

\

328774[/snapback]

Its in the blood Don not on a piece of paper.

Afterall, if you moved to Burnley you wouldn't support the Dingles.

Or would you? wink.gif

As for the Ashes, I wouldn't be so quick to say no chance. Australia need to be aware that this England team is not a pushover anymore. Must admit to being worried about our openers as McGrath seems to have the measure of them and also the captain needs to find form quickly.

But equally Harmison and Flintoff have bowled very well and a few of the Aussies don't seem to fancy facing Harmy at all!

Still think its going to be mighty close.

jimbo

as i understand it my friend from the south has done just the same as strauss and pietersen in moving to another country for a better life, taking up citizenship of that country and therefore embracing it.....aint nothing wrong with that mate.

for what it is worth i myself always will support england and nobody else.

Bitter?  Far from it I thought it was a great evenly matched contest.  What's wrong hit a nerve did i?  You can all the pieces of paper in the world but we all know where you're from.  That's why you have to try so hard at this banter, to prove you're a 'real' Aussie I suppose.

328785[/snapback]

Perhaps you're just a bit of a bitch then?

Because amongst all the friendly banter you chose to personalise it.

Must be bitter after all hey?

What of the adopted players who play for England then?

Struggling to answer that one?

Yes I had no problems staying up to watch a great game but Im glad I didn't pop on the site afterwards to read such muppetry from you as opposed to Jim's subtleness laugh.gif

You can assimilate without abandoning your country just because they aren't as good a team. If you moved to Brazil you could do away with supporting crappy Blackburn Rovers as well.

What of the adopted players who play for England then?

Struggling to answer that one?

Yes I had no problems staying up to watch a great game but Im glad I didn't pop on the site afterwards to read such muppetry from you as opposed to Jim's subtleness laugh.gif

328798[/snapback]

No you just posted drivel during the match but then failed to follow up with anything after you'd been proved wrong.

As for the South African lads I have no problem at all cheering them on but they are not English. However they qualify so why shouldn't they play, we are just using the rules the same as other countries do.

Still not bitter though. I just think that if you are going to try a bit of trolling you should take a leaf out of Jim's book. If you are so quick to lose it when pulled up then i'd give up posting. Oh sorry you said you'd do that already and then changed your mind. Seems to be a common theme with you.

Steb, quite some time ago we had a discussion on here about Pakistanis living in England, during a series Versus the Pakistan Cricket team. From the TV coverage there seemed to be more support for the visiting team than for the home team.

Anyway, the consensus, If my memory serves me correct, was that the majority of these Pakistanis should support England because that's where they lived and many of them born. Not an unreasonable presumption, is it?

On that basis, is it unreasonable for people , like myself and Don, to support the country we live in? After all, (from my point of view) it (Australia) has done more for me than England ever did. (A contentious point I know, but I'm the sole judge of that). It's where I've made my life, It's the place where I've brought up my kids, It's the only place that they know as home.

The big point is, my kids could play for England, they could play for Australia, pretty much like the decision that Andrew Symonds had to make. He chose his "Home". There are people like Tony Grieg et al who did things for economic expediency, and like Grieg, I wonder whether Strauss and Pieterson will be in England when their cricket career is over.

If you asked me if I was English or Australian, I'd have to say Australian, because that's where I live, that's where I feel "at home".

following on with a related thread my girlfriend who's parents are from bangladash supported bangladash in the tri nation series. Don't see a problem with this as she said bangladash don't win anything, and in a way she was supporting the under dog, and she does not know much about cricket anywhy..

No you just posted drivel during the match but then failed to follow up with anything after you'd been proved wrong. 

As for the South African lads I have no problem at all cheering them on but they are not English.  However they qualify so why shouldn't they play, we are just using the rules the same as other countries do.

Still not bitter though.  I just think that if you are going to try a bit of trolling you should take a leaf out of Jim's book.  If you are so quick to lose it when pulled up then i'd give up posting.  Oh sorry you said you'd do that already and then changed your mind.  Seems to be a common theme with you.

328811[/snapback]

I had no need to follow up as they did collapse.

Go the Aussies and enjoy your bitterness. wink.gif

And in future keep your insults to yourself plastic Rover fan from Manchester thumbs-up.gif

And judging by your most recent posts insulting others via a keyboard seems to be something you are pretty adept at present...

http://www.brfcs.co.uk/mb/index.php?act=Se...sult_type=posts

A common theme with you mad.gif

Anyway until the Ashes..

Edited by SouthAussieRover

You can assimilate without abandoning your country just because they aren't as good a team. If you moved to Brazil you could do away with supporting crappy Blackburn Rovers as well.

328810[/snapback]

Hey I support the country I live in.

It's my home.

Maybe I'll open a tripe shop and ask the council to have all toilets facing Ewood.

I could support Adelaide City or Millicent but they aint countries biggrin.gif

Super match.. had no trouble staying up until 4 am!!

As Beefy Botham said during the last over.... if the Ashes are as good as that match, we are all in for a treat this month.

Woo-hoo!

328790[/snapback]

Hey pg, your five days on me joining the messageboards looks like helping you pip me to that elusive 1000th post smile.gif I've never really posted with an intention to get to that now "out of fashion" milestone, but I do like your matching posting style.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.