The Convicts Return

Timmy

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lee's last over was just tremendous.

Peitersen didn't know where he was.

Two more wickets, get England out an hour before tea, put Gilchrist as an opener and the Aussies have a chance.

Still think that England have the upper hand. The missed catch by Warne may prove to be the "catch that dropped the ashes".

Too right Shaddy, Bing is very inconsistent. When he's on song, he's just about unplayable. It just doesn't happen enough.

edit: got to admit to being very nervous. Can't watch all the game, keep coming here to see if I can change their luck. Keep going for a drop of wine every now and then......... thank god for lunch.

Edited by dave birch

Going to be an unvbelieveable last 70 0vers or so. I think that we need to score another hundred runs at least. If we can do that then that should take up to tea or slightly before leaving the aussies a target of circa 230 to get in the last session. Aussie's will have to go for it and will set up a tremendous finish to the season.

I couldn't believe that some of the press was saying in the morning that the Ashes were England's, history should have taught us that the Australians (and especially this side) do not like losing and that they would come at us hard. Warne has been superb and have to say that Lee looked scary in the last over before lunch. Having said all of this I am still confident that we will be able to get another hundred or so runs and then just hold on to get the necessary draw.

biggrin.gif Nervous. Moi, Never!!! Actually I have been able to sit still all morning (and it is nothing to do with the curry I had last night). Whilist I am still confident, I am starting to feel that we are about to find out just why the Australian side has been number 1 for this amount of time.

Worst case for England, Australia will need 160 to win and one and a half sessions to get it.

Likeliest case 190 to win with the Aussies facing a tricky couple of overs before tea.

Best case, England find a pairing which somehow manages to hang around for 90 minutes or so withstanding a combination of the world's most hostile quick bowling at one end and Shane Warne at the other. Aussies needing 200+ and starting their innings in the gloom a decent interval after tea. Doesn't seem at all likely.

Methinks, England need amazing heroics from the bowlers with both the bat and the ball.

I can't watch, it's all too tense, I can't go to bed, 'cause I'll be playing the game in my head. (OOh that ryhmes)

I can't believe that it has come down to the last day of the last test.

Does anyone reckon it's been planned?

edit:Got to log off now, cause the last time I did we took a wicket.

Edited by dave birch

Well, 196 ahead, 4 wickets to go, 54 overs remaining. Not all over by any means- Pitersen has shown what happens if a batsmen gets his eye in and slogs; its still a very true pitch.

It is now into the sensational finish bracket if Australia take the last four wickets quickly and cheaply.

That said, I'd rather have them chasing 240 off 40, than 210 off 50.

England need to keep their heads and grind the overs down.

BBC changed their minds about overs remaining- still 55.

207 lead, 3 wickets remaining. England have got to make the Aussies really work to get those last three. We've got to push the asking rate for the Aussies well above 4 an over.

This is going to be a great finish and I've got a feeling England will win this match.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.