SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Convicts Return

Timmy

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed SAR. This is an Ashes deciding run chase!

Plus the fading light which is the reason for my hunch about an England victory.

346403[/snapback]

How can the light come into it?

If England are still batting when it goes dark, the game's over anyway. If the Aussies are batting when it goes dark, they're hardly likely to accept the light.

Or have I missed something?

If the Aussies are batting, they'll keep going until last orders.

Was it Karachi when Thorpe won the test for England in the dark whilst the Pakistani fielders were running around chasing non-existant balls?

Could be a repeat

How can the light come into it?

If England are still batting when it goes dark, the game's over anyway. If the Aussies are batting when it goes dark, they're hardly likely to accept the light.

Or have I missed something?

346421[/snapback]

I think he meant that the Aussies would struggle to bat in the fading light, hence it would be harder for them.

Relax Flopsy - the Convicts aren't even going to have a bat today!  smile.gif

346419[/snapback]

paddy...it would be nice if they didn't get a bat at all for whatever reason. everybody has been talking about what score the aussies will have to chase down....it seems people have totally ignored the possibility that we will just keep batting and batting. just bat for an hr affter tea and then if we have enough on the board.....put them in, if not to keep batting....and watch them complain in the media that we did not even want to play for a result in this game....!

You certainly can, come back to the dark side!

346420[/snapback]

Not until England beat India in India.

What a great series this has been.

Far better than the usual one sided affairs over many years.

Congrats to all the players for a fascinatiningly hard fought series played in a generally positive and friendly manner.

Let's bid farewell to Warne and McGrath in their last Test matches in England.

Also to Benaud who will no longer be commentating on Test matches in England.

Roll on two years time in Australia and, who knows, some of us may meet up when the Ashes are next on.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.