BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The New Fifa

Right, time to lay down the law.

1. I cant find another thread just talking about the new fifa (and I refuse to stick it in the pro evo one)

2. Here are the steps:-

2a: Get the new FIFA

2b: Get some mates

2c: Get some booze

2d: Get some munch

2e: DO NOT READ ANY INSTRUCTIONS

3: Play the new FIFA

Thats what we did tonight and its fookin ace.

Ok, I didnt play carrer/online or really look into it but its fantastic after a few scoops.

Only thing I found in my first 5 hours of playing is that:-

Owen is still at Real

Amo starts and Nelson dosent

THATS MY ONLY COMPLAINT

GO AND BUY THIS GAME IT ROCKS

RIGHT, OFF TO SEE WHATS BURNING

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really enjoying Fifa 06 myself. They've made free kicks and corners a lot easier to control.

The one thing that still annoys me is that the players still stand around acting like they've been shot if they get tackled. Very frustrating when you just want them to tackle back but I suppose they've modelled it on Emerton.

I'm really enjoying Fifa 06 myself.  They've made free kicks and corners a lot easier to control. 

The one thing that still annoys me is that the players still stand around acting like they've been shot if they get tackled.  Very frustrating when you just want them to tackle back but I suppose they've modelled it on Emerton.

350527[/snapback]

I am loving the corners but how do you score from a free kick - I havent even got one on target to far. I like the idea of bringing another bloke in for a short pass though.

Dont know what you mean by them standing around. ALL the players seem to move as they should have done all along.

Playing it last night, instead of games ending with 4 or 5 goals we were coming out with 1-0's and 0-0 It just makes it all the better when you think you need to score rather than you are going to score

Top Top Game

I'm still not sure how to take free kicks on it, but I still managed to score a goal online from one from about 30 yards out to the right side of the goal. It bounced in off of the inside of the far post. Best goal I've scored so far.

Free kicks are fairly simple now, just change the aim (left or right) and then hold the shoot button. As the bar grows, about 3/4 of the way up it turns to a different shade of blue which is pretty much the sweet spot. This will makes it a decent shot rather than and chip to the keeper which seems to be the norm.

Free kicks are fairly simple now, just change the aim (left or right) and then hold the shoot button.  As the bar grows, about 3/4 of the way up it turns to a different shade of blue which is pretty much the sweet spot.  This will makes it a decent shot rather than and chip to the keeper which seems to be the norm.

350817[/snapback]

Aye I saw that but when you hold the shot button the bar zooms across faster than Superman running home to have a dump.

Guess the free kicks being harder is a good thing though as I used to hate playing online and when someone got a free kick they would nearly always score

Negatives:

1. The keeper can't shoot the ball past the halfway-line

2. Its very hard running past players, even Owen struggle running away from Amoruso

3. Its almost impossible to burst with the ball to get past people, that was much better on Fifa 2005 Champions League

4. The opositon defenders takes way to much time on the ball, trying to dribble instead of using a simple pass.

5. To easy to shot very good shots, as in Fifa 2005 Champions League it was to hard, or was it that the keeper acted like superman

Positives

1. My rumble pad doesn't vibrate when entering the game

Edited by krislu

Got it on friday - quality game!

Free kicks are hard but like someone has just mentioned you need to try and get it on the blue shaded area of the bar.

Running at defenders can be hard but you have just got to try and use abit of trickery.

Corners are quality and iv had quiet a few good goals from them.

So far im playing the premier league with blackburn. We are top of the league after 9 games, won 7, lost 1, drawn 1. The games however have all been very close.

I also like the fact that once you have moved a player to another club and you have saved your profile, it stays there, rather than defaulting back to the original club.

Corners are quality and iv had quiet a few good goals from them.

I like the corners too because instead of just cross/head = goal you get deflections and it bobbles around allot in the area

Really loving the game thumbs-up.gif

So far im playing the premier league with blackburn. We are top of the league after 9 games, won 7, lost 1, drawn 1. The games however have all been very close.

351043[/snapback]

And therein lines the problem with FIFA games, they are just too easy. If I had that sort of record just hours after getting the game I would be very disappointed indeed.

Edited by Lee

Ahhh but that is the lowest setting as far as im aware - and im only winning by the odd goal - surely there is a higher difficulty setting?

351081[/snapback]

I'm finding the lowest setting way too easy. So far I've played about 7 league games and won them all scoring 27 and conceding none. three of the games were 5-0 and the lowest has been 2-0. However I lost my league cup game to Luton 1-0 after resting loads of my players and conceding a goal from a corner. Made me laugh though that I found it much easier to play against Arsenal (one of the teams I beat 5-0 and should have had many more) but lost to Luton.

In reply to who people play as online. Arsenal, Chelsea, Real Madrid, and AC Milan are the favourites. I always select a team of a similar skill rating so that things are more even. I lost one game to some Austrian team 1-0 after the ball bounced of Neill and went in the net in the 90th minute.

Edited by Gumbi

Ok had a proper go last night:-

Played online - They have made this much better. You can list people by their connection and you can choose not to play people with a high DNF rating (Did Not Finish)

Played Career - So much better than before as you get to:-

Choose sponsors - This helps with your incoming Cash - obviously

Loan Players Out - before you could only sell them

Talk to the media - I lost a game and it gave me comments to respond to the press - the same as footman - I gave a good answer and it give me +5 support points from the fans.

You can also choose the price of tickets. Well, not really but you can say if you want high prices - low prices or medium prices.

I am only 5 games into my carrer and unlike others I am not finding it too easy - just about right to be honest. I play on Semi Pro. I won my first match with ease but then Liverpool beat me 4-1 and Fulham beat me 1-0. I then won my next game and then played a cup match against Boston where I lost 1-0.

I am struggling to master the new movement and controls at the mo but I am sure I will get there.

Also last night, I went into the retro room on it and played FIFA 04. I just couldn't stop smiling all the way through it - happy memories from that.

There seems to be loads of things to unlock too which will keep me busy for a while.

Edited by Cocker

steven reid must hate the fifa image makers.

04 Reid has long blonde hair and a blonde moustache

05 -Shaved head and a Moustache

06 - Shaved head and a Moustache

When are we gonn asee his moustache on the pitch!!!!

351226[/snapback]

What are you on about blink.gif They havent even put Steven Reid in this years game. Have a closer look and you will find that its Freddie Mercury tongue.gif

Guest Kamy100

Been playing this for a couple of days. Initially thought WOW. However the more I play it the more bored I become. The game whilist an huge improvement over fifa 2005 still has flaws. Once you work out the sweet spots it is far to easy to score and the game still has some "scripting". So it is better than fifa 2005 but still not caught up with Pro Evo.

Went to my mates last night and he put it on. Scripted is the word. Only watched him play for 5 mins and the animation for crossing/passing etc is so repetitive its untrue

And also, why in every fifa game do they pay so much detail to other stuff that it looks like behind players eyes there is nothing but white space!

Right guys come on I need some help.

Normally I get a game and I am straight in and loving it. Now, although I like what they have done with the new fifa I just cant get the hang of it. Previously, I used to destroy anyone that rose to the challenge but now I am loosing most games at least 3-0 sad.gif

If I have the ball in defense and play it forward I am always tackled.

If I try and tackle them I get a card

The opo ALWAYS seem allot faster than me (even when I hold the sprint button and flick the right analog stick)

When the opo takes a shot it flies into the back of the net - when I do it flies into the keepers arms

If I bring my goalie out he just kind of runs along side their player and doesn't tackle him

No Matter what formation I play I always seem to have one up front and none at the back and none in the middle dry.gif

Any advise would be appreciated thumbs-up.gif

Cocker,

When tackling try to use the other tackle which i think nudges them and trys to nick the ball, rather than slide. You can only use slide if you can time it right, otherwise you risk a card.

Passing is easy enough but you dont wana get to close to your opponent or they will nick it off you.

Also when the shoot from range you should be able to manouvre your keeper and most of the time save it.

Cocker,

When tackling try to use the other tackle which i think nudges them and trys to nick the ball, rather than slide. You can only use slide if you can time it right, otherwise you risk a card.

Passing is easy enough but you dont wana get to close to your opponent or they will nick it off you.

Also when the shoot from range you should be able to manouvre your keeper and most of the time save it.

351998[/snapback]

Point 1. I can never get close enough to use the circle tackle button

Point 2. Close or far when ever I pass it goes straight to them

Point 3. This may be a big point where I am going wrong as I thought that the cpu always controled the keeper

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.