BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The New Fifa

I just got FIFA06 and it took me a few games to get used to the tackling and how good the opo teams were. Then I discovered that I could play it on Amatuer level until I get the hang of it. Now I can actually score, although Kuqi is @#/? in the box. tongue.gif

Look at some of the challenges you have to complete, the best one has to be "beat any 5 star team with any 1 star team" Torquay vs Arsenal anyone? ph34r.gif

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never got into Pro Evo. Borrowed PES3 of a mate, found all the controls to be completely different to what I was used to. I think my proudest Pro Evo moment was when my brother only beat me 6-1 rather than the usual 10-0. So I admit it, the only reason I dislike Pro Evo is because I'm crap at it. rover.gif

I have a rule on Pro Evo that if they're playing on my game then they use the right buttons. It gets people out of nasty habits like playing FIFA.

The general consensus is that Pro Evo is the avid football fans choice, with FIFA being a more commercial alternative with a bigger budget behind it. I hear FIFA 2006 is pretty good, but with a limited period of playability. I've never had that with Pro - it gets played until the day the next one comes out.

I have a rule on Pro Evo that if they're playing on my game then they use the right buttons. It gets people out of nasty habits like playing FIFA.

The general consensus is that Pro Evo is the avid football fans choice, with FIFA being a more commercial alternative with a bigger budget behind it. I hear FIFA 2006 is pretty good, but with a limited period of playability. I've never had that with Pro - it gets played until the day the next one comes out.

352742[/snapback]

The new Manager mode on FIFA will keep you entertained for longer. If you have a spare £30 give it a go.

I played the demo of the new pro evo the other day and normally I HATE it but have to say the new one is pretty good

I downloaded the Pro Evo demo and the Fifa demo. I usually play Fifa The pro evo demo was good the fifa demo wouldn't let me pick my language or teams as it kept scrolling through the options automatically. So I have preordered Pro Evo from Play.com for only £17.99 thumbs-up.gif

353921[/snapback]

I think someone has made a balls up:-

Click

If you have ordered it for £17.99 pls give me a link because that will be getting snapped up.

Cheers

Edited by Cocker

My mate was playing this game other night when I went round, made me chuckle as he won a game and then something came up about taking his team to a restaurant.

Well he did and consequently they got the trots and half didnt go training ha ha smile.gif

I really don't get the management mode. It strikes me of the half arsed attempts of football manager in the early ninety's.

For a case in point, I beat Liverpool 6-0 in the quarter final of the FA Cup and the next thing that pops up is that my team are upset and their moral has hit an all time low. I was top of the league at the time as well!

No pleasing some folk.

The PSP "updated" squads are a joke, no Nelsen, Kuqi or Bellamy, Mickey Gray as a right midfielder. I thought the FIFA series were supposed to be realistic.

That and the gameplay doesnt appear to be that clever. Balls going about 2 foot over the line, the game continuing, but the camera getting confused.

Sorry Cocker i meant to say the PC version. However as said in the Pro Evo thread HMV made a balls up and some people bought it for 14.99. I don't know if that cockup was rectified or not

354465[/snapback]

Aye, all things have become clear now cheers thumbs-up.gif

The PSP "updated" squads are a joke, no Nelsen, Kuqi or Bellamy,  Mickey Gray as a right midfielder.    I thought the FIFA series were supposed to be realistic. 

That and the gameplay doesnt appear to be that clever.  Balls going about 2 foot over the line, the game continuing, but the camera getting confused.

354462[/snapback]

More fool you for buying it!

THIS GAME SERIOUSLY MADE ME ANGRY FOR THE FIRST TIME LAST NIGHT mad.gif

I was playing manager mode as Rovers. I was top of the league by 10 points and had just beaten Chelski 5-1 and I was in credit with the bank. It then goes to the newspaper screen and says that I have been sacked mad.gif

I loaded up again, and drew with Chelski this time. It let me through. I then beat West Brom 2-0 and it sacked me again mad.gif

Has this happened to anyone else?

THIS GAME SERIOUSLY MADE ME ANGRY FOR THE FIRST TIME LAST NIGHT  mad.gif

I was playing manager mode as Rovers.  I was top of the league by 10 points and had just beaten Chelski 5-1 and I was in credit with the bank.  It then goes to the newspaper screen and says that I have been sacked  mad.gif

I loaded up again, and drew with Chelski this time.  It let me through.  I then beat West Brom 2-0 and it sacked me again  mad.gif

Has this happened to anyone else?

355791[/snapback]

Not been sacked yet but as I said in an earlier post, manager mode is not very clever at all. Accoriding to Fifa 06, being top, having won the league cup and in the quarters of the FA Cup obviously means that your players morale is shot to pieces and they all hate the club.

Not very good programming. Still better than PES5's management mode!

I started again last night and again, half way through after being top of the league and still in the cup I get the sack again.

I feel an angry rant to FIFA coming up (do they not have game testers)

356061[/snapback]

Are you managing Hearts wink.gif

Finally fed up, I complained to EA Sports who pointed me in the direction of a strategy guide. When I explained that I didn't need any help with the gameplay and did they read my complaint, they just sent me an e-mail telling me where I could sent the game back to so that I could get a brand new one that I could return to the shop.

Nice one eh sad.gif

Edited by Cocker

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.