BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Kilimanjaro Charity Expedition

wozaup

Hi all,

I thought i'd send a quick reminder to everyone on here that the "Kilimanjaro Charty Expedition 2006" is set to start in July this year.

Some people will remember the link ands some wont, heres abit to jog your memories...

A team of 5 Rovers fans will be attempting to summt Kilimanjaro in July 2006. The expedition will test every members agility and toughness. The team will arrive on the 6th July to start acclimatisation and also to visit a childrens home/orphanage in Moshi,Tanzania. The visit to the childrens home is to donate old and new rovers shirts donated by the supporters from around the world BY THE WAY I STILL NEED MORE SHIRTS.

Once that is done we have a grueling climb to the summit using the Machame route, climbing will last about 8hrs per day,for 7 days with the last day being a climb from midnight until 6pm....

The climb is on behalf of Diabetes UK & BLESMA both UK charities...

The team consists of Myself (Warren) team leader, organiser everything else.

Martin & Piers both serving in Cyprus with the armed forces.

Fergus student at Lancaster uni.

Dave cable engineer from Soooouth Sheilds...

My publicity trail has started with a interview on the big screen at ewood against Wigan (HT entertainment) also on offical rovers site.

I had an interview on BBC radio Lancashire last week and u can tune into another interview on the bee this monday between 10am -2pm (107fm)

What we still after:

1. We still looking for any size donations or sponsorship. Any substantial backing will gain you business logo a place on the banner at the summit (with pictures)

2. We are also still collecting old or new rovers shirts (thanks to everyone on here who supplied b4) we are currently stuck on 64 so we are still 46 short of our target...

Thank you for your time in reading this.... and if you can help with any of the two listed goto my website to donate/ sponsor or just read about the whole thing..

www.kilimanjaro-expedition.com

Regards

Warren

Edited by wozaup

• 3 weeks later...

Please if you have old shirts pm me. We currently have 85 shirts now, with ONLY 7 of them being donated from the club blink.gif

We are still some 25 short of the target. If you have shirts that are wearable send them to me. Then we can cloth a full orphange of children in Rovers shirts..

Warren

Please if you have old shirts pm me.  We currently have 85 shirts now, with ONLY 7 of them being donated from the club blink.gif

We are still some 25 short of the target.  If you have shirts that are wearable send them to me.  Then we can cloth a full orphange of children in Rovers shirts..

Warren

406739[/snapback]

I have a number of shirt you are welcome to have, However I cannot find the address to send them to on your website!

Help!

I have some too Rovers Air Force from when i were younger, i'm going to keep my Championship winning one's (Home & away) from when i were 8 but you are more than welcome to some of my other Rovers shirts from my childhood.

Yep, should be fine we go at beinging of July...

Pm on its way.

THANK YOU TO THE PERSON WHO DONATED £20.00 VIA PAYPAL, IT WILL BUY BOOKS FOR THE ORPHANAGE!

If anyone else wishes to you can find the donation services here on the website:

http://www.kilimanjaro-expedition.com/donations.php

Cheers

Warren

Edited by wozaup

CountDown to Kilimanjaro Charity Expedition 2006

49 Days

Shirts as of 16/05/2006: 85/110

Donations as of 16/05/2006: £35.00/£500.00

As you can see we are not far off the shirt total, but the donations side is way off, please please dig deep guys and gals this is for an African orphanage for children aged between 3-18yrs old....Who have been abandoned because they or there parents suffered from HIV or Aids!

As a rovers fan i am really proud everyone has chipped in with shirts but there still is much more YOU can do to help....

Thank you again

Warren

Poversmum received them this morning thank you very much....

Thanks Oakleaf for the shirts aswell!

The target is coming closer:

Shirts to date: 92/110

Donations: £100.00/ £500.00

Slowly getting there thank you to the board members that donated using Paypal, I would mention your names but i dont think u would like that!

Warren

45 Days

Shirts as of 21/05/2006: 92/110

Donations as of 21/05/2006: £124.00/£500.00

As you can see we are not far off the shirt total, but the donations side is way off, please please dig deep guys and gals this is for an African orphanage for children aged between 3-18yrs old....Who have been abandoned because they or there parents suffered from HIV or Aids!

" Come on people we are getting there slowly, lets do it, we can do it!"

Thank you again

Warren

Edited by wozaup

I have an old Rovers shirt you can have (in good nick), but won't be able to send off until next weekend. Just PM me the address - ta.

409623[/snapback]

PM ON WAY

WARREN

Edited by wozaup

49 Days

Shirts as of 16/05/2006: 85/110

Donations as of 16/05/2006: £35.00/£500.00

As a rovers fan i am really proud everyone has chipped in with shirts but there still is much more YOU can do to help....

Thank you again

Warren

Hi Warren,

Good luck with the fundraising.

On the donation side:

I'm happy to donate shirts (as I have) but when it comes to donating money I'm more disinclined.

I tend not to trust the charities when it comes to cash donations and much prefer to donate material goods.

Hi Warren,

Good luck with the fundraising.

On the donation side:

I'm happy to donate shirts (as I have) but when it comes to donating money I'm more disinclined.

I tend not to trust the charities when it comes to cash donations and much prefer to donate material goods.

Hi,

Not a problem you have sent shirts thats fine by me....

We have already raised £2170 for the two UK charities + sponsor forms that have to be collected after the trek, we feel this is more than enough for them....

The money we are raising at the moment is for the orphanage alone. It was really an after thought, i know it sounds shocking! but we are getting there slowly hopefully we reach £250 at least i cant see us getting to £500 now with so little time remaining.

Warren

36 Days

Shirts as of 21/05/2006: 96/110

Donations as of 21/05/2006: £135.00/£250.00

" Come on People we can do it!, you can do it!"

Any size donation, surely those who use Paypal have a few quid left over in there account be it £1.00, 10pence whatever it will help......

Thank you again

Warren

Hi Stu,

If you sent 3, yes they arrived this morning.

Sorry i didnt thank you just that there was no letter with them and alot of peope have been promising me shirts, which im waiting on....

Thanks again Stu

Warren

Hi Stu,

If you sent 3, yes they arrived this morning.

Sorry i didnt thank you just that there was no letter with them and alot of peope have been promising me shirts, which im waiting on....

Thanks again Stu

Warren

Yeah, no worries. The note is sat on my kitchen table. :wstu:

31 days remaing before we jet off!

To date 03/06/2006:

Shirts count: 100/110

Donations: £150/£250

We are getting there with the shirts would like to thank

Finaz, Samtheleedsrover & Claire Nolan for there shirts..

We still require donations people we are £100 short of the target.

thank you

Warren

26 days to go before departure

To date 06/06/2006:

Shirts count: 108/110

Donations: £150/£250

We are getting there with the shirts would like to thank

Roverin toronto

We still require donations people we are £100 short of the target.

thank you

Warren

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.