BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Starting 11 & Formation

speeeeeeedie

This reported starting formation seems fraught with problems.

I don't know what would be worse- stuffing a very poor Hungarian team with a flawed system that gets found out in Germany or a mauling from the press now that unsettles everybody.

Everything I am reading now points to Rooney being out of the World Cup completely.

Apparently Sven is going to play Carragher as the holding midfielder tomorrow.

What the hell is that all about? Carrick is infinitey more suited to the role. I suppose it will make us more solid but still...

I will be very interested to see how Gerrard does up front!

This Sven bloke is a fraud! Im sure Carragher said a while back that he's not quick enough to play there!! Why not play the player who plays there week in week in his actually position?

Hold up your hands people and apologise to the tall skinny one. In Crouch we trust!

England just do not have a genuine holding midfielder.

Hargreaves - unconvincing (but we are incessantly told he does it for Bayern)

Carrick - too many ambitious passes for a Makelele type and is he strong enough defensively?

Gerrard - his creativity is shackled and he just hasn't convinced in that role

Carragher - impressive against Hungary but doesn't have the pace or quick feet imo.

Well Parker is still the obvious candidate for me, it is a shame he is ill (would Sven even of picked him for the squad if he was fit?)

I'm not really sure Carrick is 'too ambitituous' passing though. He can keep it very simeple at times, like Tugay, and just make sure things tick over. In most world cup matches there is not a big midfield battle so his lack of tackling is only really a problem then.

To be fair to Hargreaves he hasn't had a proper shot at the holding role, at least as far as I can remember. Worth a crack perhaps?

I think a player who really impressed last night was Beckham. He's been playing very well for Real Madrid this season and last night showed why there should be no doubt over why he is in the team. He set up the two goals and also provided 3 or 4 other chances that should have been turned into goals. He may not be as exciting as a player with more pace and tricks, but he produces the goods.

beckham and joe cole were brilliant. lampard was awfull all the way through the match. caragher played well so did hargreaves, gerrard failed to impress in that role and the dive was just the icing on the cake.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.