BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Upcoming 360 Games

Just aquired the full version of Dead Rising and the short time I've played it, it's quite enjoyable. The problem so far is that I had it on for 30mins and only actually played for about 5 of those. There are constant loading of cut scenes and pointless bits that really slow everything down.

Hopefully this will improve and the game will get better.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a bit annoyed about Madden 2007 being delayed by a fortnight, i planned to get it for my dads birthday yesterday, so when i went to pick it up and Friday only to find out it had been delayed for the 360 i were far from happy :(

Yeah I was annoyed about that too but then I remembered that the first paper of the semester is due on the 6th September and the new date is now the 8th so that suits me perfectly :P

Getting Madden on time would have been very distracting. I hear the superstar mode is very good this year so i'm looking forward to it. Just got a 3000 word paper on CVA's to write first :(

Just aquired the full version of Dead Rising and the short time I've played it, it's quite enjoyable. The problem so far is that I had it on for 30mins and only actually played for about 5 of those. There are constant loading of cut scenes and pointless bits that really slow everything down.

Hopefully this will improve and the game will get better.

The lawn mower is now my favourite weapon but I am getting very bored having to go back to the last save point each time I die.

According to players in the states Madden 07 is a pretty horrible game. They have taken out a lot of the features, including madden himself, the fantasy draft and the owner mode and all you have instead are improved graphics. I'm not sure if I still want to buy it. I don't use the fantasy draft, but I did use the owner mode.

Just out of curiousity if i were to by a 360 game from the states on holiday in a few weeks time, would i be able to play it on my uK Xbox. Just wondering because i'd love a college basketball game for it. If Madden continues to sound as bad as some people have told me,i don't think i'll be buying it anymore. Same with Dead Rising, if its just cut scene after cut scene i won't be to happy.

I bought Saints Row the other day, it had sold out in everyshop in Hull and everywhere had pre-order on the case so i went in to my local GAME noticed an ex-girlfriend of mine working on the counter, chatted to her for 5/10mins and she pulled a copy of the game out of the back and sold me it, i asked why they were saying that it were sold out if they had copies and she said it were just to create added interest in the game itself and that THQ sanctioned it. That way both companies are quids in. Its a disgrace really but i ain't going to complain. Anyone else know of any stores that have been doing the same thing for Saints Row, Gamestation and all 4/5 GAME stores in Hull have been doing it and i'm sure THQ wouldn't just have little old Hull stores do it.

Some games are region free but most are region locked. EA games definately can't be used in the wrong regions. Dead Rising (Capcom) is the same. Other games like Perfect Dark, Quake 4 and others were region free. There used to be a list on Wiki which had an up to date list of which games worked where but that seems to have gone. Just found another up to date list HERE

Even the firmware hacks don't get around the region coding so I wouldn't take the risk unless you find out for sure that the game you want isn't region locked.

P.S. Dead Rising gets really quite boring. Using new weapons on zombies is quite interesting for 30 seconds then that soon wears off. Also, rescuing people is nearly impossible as they just stand around getting eaten by a hoard of Zombies while you're trying to get them to run away. Very frustrating.

Edited by Biddy

According to players in the states Madden 07 is a pretty horrible game. They have taken out a lot of the features, including madden himself, the fantasy draft and the owner mode and all you have instead are improved graphics. I'm not sure if I still want to buy it. I don't use the fantasy draft, but I did use the owner mode.

Really?

Because I've heard good things, specially about the revamped Superstar mode, which is where it's at imo. True, the franchise mode is more basic than recent Madden games for current gen consoles but that doesn't bother me to much. Personally, I can't wait. Should be a good game of football.

Well everyone has said that the graphics are very good and that some of the gameplay has been improved, it is really just the loss of fantasy drafts and the owner mode that people really haven't liked. I probably won't notice, I've been thinking and I can't remember eer having done a fantasy draft.

I'm loving Dead Rising! Haven't got very far, since I miss so many thing that I keep on restarting, but I'm at Level 12 and finding secret stashes of goodies all over the place. Last time I restarted, I had changed costumes a couple of times, so in the next game, during the helicopter opening scene, my bloke was wearing a nice pink dress and a teddy bear's head.

If anyone's playing it on a normal TV via the rubbish composite lead that comes with the console, I can recommend the official RGB scart cable. I bought one today and now I can actually read the text.

Yer my old boss said the scart thingy was a good purchasae.

Im really enjoying dead rising and my fave weapon is the chainsaw :P

although I agree too many cut scenes.

Saints Row is a poor mans GTA, some nice touches but doesnt really feel next Gen enough for me

I bought Saints Row the other day, it had sold out in everyshop in Hull and everywhere had pre-order on the case so i went in to my local GAME noticed an ex-girlfriend of mine working on the counter, chatted to her for 5/10mins and she pulled a copy of the game out of the back and sold me it, i asked why they were saying that it were sold out if they had copies and she said it were just to create added interest in the game itself and that THQ sanctioned it. That way both companies are quids in. Its a disgrace really but i ain't going to complain. Anyone else know of any stores that have been doing the same thing for Saints Row, Gamestation and all 4/5 GAME stores in Hull have been doing it and i'm sure THQ wouldn't just have little old Hull stores do it.

not heard anything about this though. I know we didnt get enough though

I bought Madden 07 on Friday and for the first 10minutes of play i thought it were crap, but its grown on me, i'm not missing the owner mode as i never really used it. The new function of blocking with a player of your choice e.g. a linebacker etc and then switching back to your HB/RB take ssome getting used to but once you've mastered it you can create some big plays.

The superstar mode is a bit crap as you get your position dictated by your parents genes on the game, (You'd have to play it to know what i mean here) and you are stuck with that position and you have to play as that player. I ended up a WR, so you play the matches through the eyes of a WR, not literally its still third person but its quite crap.

I'd reccomend the game if you like your NFL action but if you don't normally play American Football games i wouldn't bother with it.

As for Dead Rising, i got hold of my copy on Thursday and i haven't even opened it yet, i'm saving it for next weekend when i move to University in notloB. How good is it and is this scart lead really worth buying what i've heard people talking about?

Has anybody got a link to where i can buy one of these cables and will deliver before friday at the latest, Thanks!

Edited by ihatethedingles

You should be able to find the scart lead in Game, HMV, Virgin etc, anywhere that sells 360's. My local Asda had them the other day. I think they cost about £17.99 but the quality difference over composite is most definately worth it. There are also lots of 3rd party cables like this one at Amazon for only £10. Pay the extra for quick delivery if you can't get to the shops.

Of course your TV has to be able to take RGB scarts for it to be worth it. Cheap 14" TV's might not be RGB ready, they will still take the scart but will not have the better picture quality.

As for Dead Rising, I am still playing it but it does get very repetative. It loads all the time and you either have to go to the bathroom every 10 seconds to save or restart from the beginning when you die. The advantage of going back to the beginning is that you keep all your skill ups and stats which makes the beginning bits alot easier. You still have to see the same boring cut scenes though.

I'm currently playing Test Drive unlimited which is brilliant even though I'm not into racing games. Driving round the island looks stunning. Shame that's all I do as I lose every race I'm in!

The superstar mode is a bit crap as you get your position dictated by your parents genes on the game, (You'd have to play it to know what i mean here) and you are stuck with that position and you have to play as that player. I ended up a WR, so you play the matches through the eyes of a WR, not literally its still third person but its quite crap.

Err...yeah...that is actually the whole point of the superstar mode. You create your superstar and play out his career. You can pick and chose exactly what position you want your superstar to play in though, based on your parents genes. If you don't like what you get once you start up a new superstar, you can change around your parents until you find something you like. I've currently got one QB going, got drafted to KC and I've got one HB going which got drafted to the Patriots.

LOVE superstar mode!

I bought Test Drive Unlimited today and i have to agree with Biddy the visuals are stunning. I don't know ho you hadn't won a race by the time you'd wrote that comment on here though, i won my first race within 10mins of playing the game and haven't finished any less than 1st in any race yet. One bad thing about the game is the that if you don't have enough money and the cops arrest you for dangerous driving, you get sent to jail and you have to watch the outside of a Yank police station for about 30seconds. The cars are excellent, escpecially the higher class cars, the Ferrari's etc can seriously put some high speeds out but they do cost an awful lot of money to buy and as such i have only driven one that you have to take to somebody in a mission.

I bought Test Drive Unlimited today and i have to agree with Biddy the visuals are stunning. I don't know ho you hadn't won a race by the time you'd wrote that comment on here though,

Simple, I'm rubbish at racing games!

On another note, I got Star Wars Lego 2 yesterday, now that is fun.

On another note, I got Star Wars Lego 2 yesterday, now that is fun.

Lego Star Wars is a good game because you dont have to think about anything while playing it as its so simple. Its funny too. The downside is that its soooo adictive that you play and play and play and before you know it youve finished the game and dont want to pick it ip up again.

Test Drive Unlimited is going to make me friendless when i get to university on Saturday, the game is so bloody addictive, last night i spent 3 hours just driving arund on the game unlocking roads and using my roadmap that came with the game, i feel like a very sad person for doing that.

Lego Star Wars, is it a game that you have to interested in Star Wars to play or is just one of those games with such good gameplay you wouldn't even be bothered if it were the Tweenies you were playing. I ask that because i have very little interest in Star Wars but from the advert on T.V. the game looked quite good.

Lego Star Wars, is it a game that you have to interested in Star Wars to play or is just one of those games with such good gameplay you wouldn't even be bothered if it were the Tweenies you were playing. I ask that because i have very little interest in Star Wars but from the advert on T.V. the game looked quite good.

Well I would say that if you were playing as a tweenie (or the like) then then game wouldnt be as good however, if you swapped the star wars theme for something like Lord of the Rings or The Matrix or something then it would still be a good game. The moves are basic and its a good reflection on the movies (whereas most movie based games are pap) Its very funny too which makes for a good break from the seriousness that most star wars games bring.

I wouldnt buy it now but as soon as it drops in price snap it up for £10.

For me, it's all about the Star Wars theme. It would lose most of its charm if it didn't have Lego men acting out scenes from the films. There's no way I'd bother with it if it was based on something I wasn't in to -- Lego Lord Of The Rings... Lego Batman (they're doing that one!)... No thanks.

I may buy Star wars then when as you say i can pick it up fairly cheap.

Does anybody know what new games we can expect to hit the shelves in the next fortnight? Not all the games but just some big titles.

Edited by ihatethedingles

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.