BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Six Million...

guys guys, calm down and let me give you the facts.

Firstly it is only Blackburn who have left Lancashire, not Burnley - but let it go because nobody has missed you.

Now Lafferty. Firstly Celtic did not nearly sign him 500K - they tried to sign him and were told to go away. Thats the point at which our manager said (I am sure slightly tongue in cheek) that Lafferty must be worth 6 million. He isn't at the moment - thats not to say never but certainly not yet.

Now what does seem to have a grain of truth is that a couple of Prem clubs are interested in making a move in summer and one of them does seem to be Blackburn. I'd imagine if the interest is followed up in summer then at most the deal would be in the 3 million area. As for us being gutted - some would but business is business and 3 million would represent good value for us

Aye

3million would ease your burdening debt and ensure that you may just survive next season as a Championship club.

However, I think your guetimate of 3 million is a way off mark. The boy would bring no more than 2 million and that inclusive of any add ons. Once the clubs get a sniff of a possible up and coming player, the player himself turns off from his current surroundings, and as it stands there are few worse than good old burnley.

Longsiders, say so long to Lafferty at the end of this season, he is a goner, whether it is Ewood Park or not, he is simply too good for your club to keep on the books.

Firstly it is only Blackburn who have left Lancashire, not Burnley - but let it go because nobody has missed you.

Now Lafferty. Firstly Celtic did not nearly sign him 500K - they tried to sign him and were told to go away. Thats the point at which our manager said (I am sure slightly tongue in cheek) that Lafferty must be worth 6 million. He isn't at the moment - thats not to say never but certainly not yet.

Now what does seem to have a grain of truth is that a couple of Prem clubs are interested in making a move in summer and one of them does seem to be Blackburn. I'd imagine if the interest is followed up in summer then at most the deal would be in the 3 million area. As for us being gutted - some would but business is business and 3 million would represent good value for us

Blackburn have left lancashire :huh:

Atleast were not in yorkshire ;)

No no no. Let me give you the facts.

Firstly, Blackburn haven't 'left' Lancashire so fck knows what you're on about with that one.

Now Lafferty. How the hell do you know whether Celtic 'nearly' signed him or not? Who's to say that £750k wouldn't have tempted Kilby, and judging by the reaction following Bumley's defeat (yet again) his days are numbered anyway!

Thirdly, I don't really see how the Rovers-Lafferty rumour can have 'a grain of truth'. A Striker cannot be signed at present, and I'm sure if £3m WAS available, Hughes would see the sense to invest in another of his many star buys.

I'll tell you what, to shut you webbed-feet scruffy ones up, we may well offer you South African international captain Aaron Mokoena in a straight swap for Lafferty. And you've got a bargain there :blink:

So whats happening at the mighty Turf Longside?,I must say its not gone unnoticed in these parts as our neighbours do their usual post Christmas self-destruct act! :lol:

Wonder how long Mr Flood will give Cotterill as he sees more of his coin going down the drain to Div 1 oblivion.

Oh and P.S. ........

Lafferty is worth about 500/750,000 at most......spare change to us next season! ;)

When did we leave lancashire ???

Never...Longsider seems to be saying (and he's only joking) that what makes a Lancastrian is whether some politicians in London decide whether they are one or not and what constitutes the boundaries.

So...if the government decided Burnley was actually in the county of Emmerdale then he would be happy to accept it! :tu:

Found this little reply(in bold) from ClaretTony the moderator of Burnley fans main MB to another poster, they play Leicester at home this Tuesday........

"The number of "actual attendees" will surely dip to circa 9000 on Tuesday."

Already been below that this season, and when we were in the top four!!.

GUYS it was not some London politicians who decided Blackburn would no longer be in Lancashire, it was the very people of Blackburn and Darwen who chose to become an independent unitary authority.

So much bile ihateburnley - and so unecessary. Have a smile and a coke and shut the **** up :lol:

Now, where to start. I do know Celtic came nowhere near to singing him. You can either believe that or not but that is a fact.

Blackburn being interested? True no that could have no foundation so I retract it.

His value as ever is hard to judge but I can assure you it is more than 750K.

As for what has happened garners? Well the wheels have well and truly come of. I have never seen a manager appear to be under so little threat after a run like ours. Last I heard Brendan Flood was more than happy with Cotterill but not sure that is still the case. Simple truth is if they don't get a couple of wins soon we are in deep trouble. The last thing we want to be doing is hoping to break the run during April where we have some very tough games.

And the old chestnut, attendances. Dropped past few seasons and will continue to do so unless the manager can deliver either succesful football or entertaining football - preferably both. Tony likes to think he knows everything but he doesn't and I would not be surprised if he has made the 9K thing up. I'd also not be surprised if it were true. Attendances have been poor, the atmosphere worse. Don't know how things are in the prem but away followings are well down also in the championship, including our own away following.

oh, and finally. Perish the thought but there are currently discussions on-going about Burnley and Pendle becoming a unitary authority - no doubt adopting some ridiculous name like Burpendale or equally tripe ideas. Still at least we wil have our direct train route to Manchester back eh.

I'm sure if Lafferty wants a shot at the big time and he thinks he has ability then Rovers would duly offer the lad... a trial - it would be rude not to.

If he impresses he can buy out his contract at Dingle dell and play for some real money in front of some proper fans not the claret moaners.

No.

But there was a statutory instrument passed through the House of faceless politicians granting it to Blackburn with Darwen.

Which of course completely contradicts longsider's belief that "it was the very people of Blackburn and Darwen who chose to become an independent unitary authority". :lol: He made it sound like we'd had a referendum or something!

With regards to the Lafferty sitution.

He used to play for my football club back home and he's a good friend of mine. It is true that Celtic made a move, but he would never have been sold for 500k. Now Mr Cotterill is asking for £6million, which is an over-inflated fee. I firmly believe that if a bid in the region of £2million came in for him, then Burnley would be reluctant sellers. He is a very similar player to that of Matt Derbyshire, but Matty has developed quicker and IMO has a better eye for goal than Lafferty.

Lafferty is still fairly raw and is currently playing out of position with Burnley at either the left/right midfield and one of the main reasons for his lack of goals. He really needs one full season in the Championship next season to prove his worth and you would be able to see if he's fit for the step-up to the Premiership. If this doesn't materialise and Mr Cotterill doesn't give him regular football, he will end up as a 1st Division player or indeed even back in Northern Irish league.

As for a move to Blackburn, in realistic terms this won't happen and we're best to stick with Matty.

I went to a Burnley game back in November (disgraceful I know), but it was a free ticket and wanted to see Kyle. I think this was a good move from me as I might have hit them with such bad luck, as they never have won a game since, lol. Long live Rovers!!!

:rover::rover:

has played a handful of games for the pub team that is Northern Ireland

Now that is certainly sour grapes from you!!

I went to a Burnley game back in November (disgraceful I know), but it was a free ticket and wanted to see Kyle. I think this was a good move from me as I might have hit them with such bad luck, as they never have won a game since, lol. Long live Rovers!!!

:

:rover: YOU HAVE LOST RESPECT....I WOULDNT WATCH THEM SCUM EVEN I GOT PAID TO...MATE OR NO MATE.... :brfc:

No sour grapes mate, just saying that you don't have to be very good to get in the Northern Ireland team these days.

We are a nation who are improving all the time and able to puch our own weight. Gone are the days and years when we couldn't manage to score a goal!!

As a team we are playing good football and have a strong backbone in the team as well as amassing a heck of a lot of Premiership players in the squad. Some of these players would easily get into the Blackburn starting team and thats a fact!!

BTW Fitz Hall can't even get into the Norn Iron team. He found out he is able to play through grand-parents, but Lawrie doesn't seem to be interested. Unfortunately our days with Lawrie in charge are fast coming to an end as he's shown what he can do as a manager and is keen to make a move to the Premiership!

:rover: YOU HAVE LOST RESPECT....I WOULDNT WATCH THEM SCUM EVEN I GOT PAID TO...MATE OR NO MATE.... :brfc:

Thats a shame that I have lost respect from a top bloke like yourself. I know where my loyalties lie and have been supporting rovers for 14 years and that where my heart lies. I never cheered on Burnley during that game and a few of their supporters saw this and you could see their reaction. I was asked on a few occasions about who I supported. All i could say was Northern Ireland and was there supporting my friend. If they knew who I really supported I know I would have got a kicking.

Friends are like your football club. They are for life!!

:rover::brfc::rover:

Archived