BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Six Million...

Lafferty is a good player, a big target man, have seen him playing on several occassions for northern ireland, certainly gave carlos puyol a hard time when we beat spain! however i dont think he is quite ready for the premiership yet, needs to work on his control and first touch (although so did kuqi!!)

Dont think he's worth 6 million though!

we should never ever sign some one directly from there

6 Million! get real.

it all hypothetical, ..... i cant see us being interested. but , IF a players good enough, why not ? imagine how upset the 'inbreds' would be. they'd be smashing their own town up, in no time!

6 Million! get real.

it all hypothetical, ..... i cant see us being interested. but , IF a players good enough, why not ? imagine how upset the 'inbreds' would be. they'd be smashing their own town up, in no time!

I wouldnt want any to sign either not even for 6p

we should never ever sign some one directly from there

Well unfortunately we actually did! No less than 10 over the years (source Mike Jackman).

Appleby, Jim 1958

Binns, Eric 1955

Blacklaw, Adam 1967

Bruton, Jack 1929

Joyce, Walter 1964

Sewell, Ronnie 1920

Smethams, John 1910

Thorpe, Levy 1920

Turnbull, Peter 1895

Wilmington, Tom 1896

There were of course others that came to us via other clubs, such as John Connelly from Man U. Sorry can't think of any more although I am sure there must be.

However, not to worry I believe that each of them as he signed for us was put into quarantine, and scrubbed all over with neat carbolic, and then hosed down with salt water! This removed all contamination from the wearing of claret & blue. :)

The thought of financially helping our Yorkshire rivals by buying one of their better players is simply wrong wrong WRONG!! :angry: It goes against the grain

If the player is good enough, then we should do all we can to steal him for a fraction of his worth. We should wait until their next mortgage installment is due or next time they`re forced to sell for fear of going under.

I didn`t agree with lending/loaning them our players on loan either. :angry:

Well unfortunately we actually did! No less than 10 over the years (source Mike Jackman).

Appleby, Jim 1958

Binns, Eric 1955

Blacklaw, Adam 1967

Bruton, Jack 1929

Joyce, Walter 1964

Sewell, Ronnie 1920

Smethams, John 1910

Thorpe, Levy 1920

Turnbull, Peter 1895

Wilmington, Tom 1896

There were of course others that came to us via other clubs, such as John Connelly from Man U. Sorry can't think of any more although I am sure there must be.

However, not to worry I believe that each of them as he signed for us was put into quarantine, and scrubbed all over with neat carbolic, and then hosed down with salt water! This removed all contamination from the wearing of claret & blue. :)

I appreciate we would have in the past and I knew that we would have, fortunatley I wasnt born when any of them players made the switch over. Come to think of it I Dont think any of my Parents where I either so its all good :)

Well again according to Jackman, we got him from Leeds U. in 1980. Moved on to Lincoln City in 1982. :)

Furry nuff Fife, I was only a nipper in those times you know ;) . Sure I remember him playing for Burnley before he played for us, must have been a year or two earlier.

OK, so we buy Benni McCarthy for something like £2.5m in the summer - an International striker with a Champions League medal, and still in the prime of his career.

Then we are linked with some kid from Bstards who has basically had one half-decent season has played a handful of games for the pub team that is Northern Ireland, and who was subject to a £500k bid from Celtic in the summer?

£6m? Dream on Steve. You aren't possibly telling me that if we wafted £1.5m* under Cotterills nose then he would reject that?

* - I am not for one second advocating the purchase of this dingle lad. Nor am I suggesting that he is worth £1.5m.

OK, so we buy Benni McCarthy for something like £2.5m in the summer - an International striker with a Champions League medal, and still in the prime of his career.

Contract, desire to leave, blah blah, etc!

He is worth whatever Hughes decides and if we want him then it's irrelevant that he is a dingle. As long as he gives 100% in the :brfc: , anyway his extra toes make him run faster :P

Another thing, if we DO have £6m to spend on a position that does not really require strengthening, then I have to question the judgement in not spending in the areas that currently definitely need strengthening - or at least not going for a better quality of player.

This story has got bullsh!t and lazy journalism written all over it.

Then we are linked with some kid from Bstards who has basically had one half-decent season has played a handful of games for the pub team that is Northern Ireland, and who was subject to a £500k bid from Celtic in the summer?

£6m? Dream on Steve. You aren't possibly telling me that if we wafted £1.5m* under Cotterills nose then he would reject that?

* - I am not for one second advocating the purchase of this dingle lad. Nor am I suggesting that he is worth £1.5m.

The pub team that beat england and spain in qualifiers??

its like that naff programme...deal or no deal...NO DEAL....NEVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BAD ENOUGH LENDING THE SCUM PLAYERS WITHOUT PUTTING MONEY IN THEIR ACCOUNTS...DONT CARE IF HE,S BETTER THAN PELE ...6M IN THERE ACCOUNT TO HELP THEM IM FEELING SICK

its like that naff programme...deal or no deal...NO DEAL....NEVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BAD ENOUGH LENDING THE SCUM PLAYERS WITHOUT PUTTING MONEY IN THEIR ACCOUNTS...DONT CARE IF HE,S BETTER THAN PELE ...6M IN THERE ACCOUNT TO HELP THEM IM FEELING SICK

someone that talks sense :tu:

Archived