BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] David Healey

Why does this man score goals for fun for Northern Ireland and when it comes to playing for Leeds he just cant do it. And the goals arent just against small Countries, afterall he did score a brilliant goal against England and also against Spain.

Surely some bigger club is watching him closely. He has to move soon. If the manager can get him playing well, he could become big in the Premiership!

yeah but crouch was struggling to score in the premiership, he did lots in terms of laying goals on for others during that barren patch he went through. Healy is struggling to score in the championship. he needs to do better if a premiership team is gonna come in for him during the close season, say he'll more likely to go to a champ club with decent enough aspirations for premiership promotion after NEXT season.

p.s. leeds suck

healy obviously feels wanted by his NI manager, whereas 'the genius' at leeds hardly ever plays him at centre forward.

sanchez is gaining a fine reputation as an international manager (getting similar praise that MH got whilst with wales) and i reckon he'll return to club management after the 2008 finals.

NI have a better starting 11 than leeds :

M Taylor — M Duff, S Craigan, A Hughes, J Evans — K Gillespie, D Johnson, S Davis, C Brunt (sub: G McCann, 67) — D Healy (sub: S Jones, 89), K Lafferty (sub: W Feeney, 55).

and they can even 'carry' 2 bumley players! :lol:

Wsn't it Sanchez who said he can't understand why no Premiership clubs had offered any interest in him before the transfer window saying it wouldn't be long though before somebody did?

There are plenty of players this has happened with especially strikers - typical example Davies at Notlob.

Thing is with Healy he would appear to have excelllent finishing ability but his general play lets him down. As pleasure states - NI have a better starting 11 who are better at putting the ball to him on a plate so to speak this may or may not be a reason but I'm fairly sure he could cut it in the Premier.

It's strange how wee Jonny can't spell Healy's name ;) I blame the WKDs.

It's a common thing that players perform for the national team and not for a club, but equally it works the other way around. Take frank lampard, he wouldn't be dropped for chelsea but is basically useless when playing for england. Darius Vassell is a big national team performer that would struggle to get goals in the premiership.

There isn't an obvious answer as to why. If it were coaching then it would change when the player moved clubs, maybe it's down to the atmosphere and pressure of playing at the higher level?

It's strange how wee Jonny can't spell Healy's name ;) I blame the WKDs.

Poor ol' Johnny, is still suffering from the abuse he received after admitting he does support England over his country Northern Ireland, lol.

I think his deliberate mistake in the spelling, is tryin to distance himself away from supporting his own country.

Well, really looking forward to tonight's match, but we'll have to do with without former Rover Keith Gillespie as he's suspended.

Heading off here in the next few hours, to make my way up to Windsor. Anyhow with relation to Sir David, Mr Wise is making his journey to Belfast to watch his striker in action as to how he can work the magic in his team.

Learn from the master, learn from the mater Mr Wise.

Onwards and upwards!

Poor ol' Johnny, is still suffering from the abuse he received after admitting he does support England over his country Northern Ireland, lol.

I think his deliberate mistake in the spelling, is tryin to distance himself away from supporting his own country.

imagine that! how could he...

Well, really looking forward to tonight's match, but we'll have to do with without former Rover Keith Gillespie as he's suspended.

Heading off here in the next few hours, to make my way up to Windsor. Anyhow with relation to Sir David, Mr Wise is making his journey to Belfast to watch his striker in action as to how he can work the magic in his team.

Learn from the master, learn from the mater Mr Wise.

Onwards and upwards!

Yawn yawn yawn. Yes I did admit to it but I was wrong ok. England lack everything at the minute and should be ashamed. The fans are overboard though with the critisism. I still love wearing the England shirt however cause it annoys Simon.

As for you Christian you wee twit, stop annoying me or I will bitch slap you in Manchester!

;)

Yawn yawn yawn. Yes I did admit to it but I was wrong ok. England lack everything at the minute and should be ashamed. The fans are overboard though with the critisism. !

;)

overboard why??

there is no way england will win anything or qualify with that numpty in charge...the people in the stadiunm last night paid a lot of money to go and watch england and to be treated to such a passionless,spineless,gutless ,shambloic and ###### performance they were right to vent there opinions.

jim iley and bobby saxton could do better and get more from there players.

overboard why??

there is no way england will win anything or qualify with that numpty in charge...the people in the stadiunm last night paid a lot of money to go and watch england and to be treated to such a passionless,spineless,gutless ,shambloic and ###### performance they were right to vent there opinions.

jim iley and bobby saxton could do better and get more from there players.

We cant go blaming everything on the manager. The manager wants to win things. He has been brave in some of the players he has let go and brought in. I agree that they are crap at the minute and mightnt win anything but thats down to the players. They are all good players but simply arent showing any pride in their jersey. The fans do pay big money and I do sympathise with them. However the abuse last night was a bit uncalled for. Yes it was embarassing but its not going to encouage anyone. When England win a few more games, their tails will be up and they will be ok and McClaren will be the best thing since sliced bread!

:)

McClaren will be the best thing since sliced bread!

There is a slight problem with that, he is rubbish and wasn't the choice of the majority of fans.

To get a reaction like he & the team did at half time i can't see him having to long left.

Healy will hopefully be at Rangers next year.

Yeah looks to be set in stone so it does.

Both Walter Smith and Durrant were in the stands watching him. What an amazing game this lad had. We were talking before hand and saying how much this man has to perform with his club manager Wise also in the stand. Aside from his two superbly finished goals, his work rate was second to none and covered every blade of grass. Also held the ball up well, when we retrieved the ball from a Swede attack.

Certainly not what Rovers need.

I'm just about decided on this matter as I have thought long and hard and scratched my head on numerous occasions (hence the lack of hair) thinking what kind of job could his man do for us. To be honest I feel he would be a steady signing. I've watched him over the years and he's been progressing very steady over the last few seasons. He's a similar player to that of McCarthy, but his work-rate is superb and not afraid to get stuck-in to the messy work.

One of the main reasons he never hit from with Leeds, was due to their inability to play him upfront, but instead kept him on the flanks. He has showed time and time again if he is playing upfront and gets a decent level of delivery, then he will get goals!

Incase anyone missed Sir David's goals

Could have been the turning point for Healy and Leeds United tonite.

Lovely wee deft header, right at the death.

Had a quiet enough game in front of goal, but worked so hard off the ball. Very unlucky not to score from a well worked corner, midway through the 1st half.

• 4 months later...

Another game, another few goals.

This man is really on fire at the moment and I find it hard to use superlatives to describe this man, as there are no more in the dictionary. Again I'm coming away from Windsor suitabily impressed and still I'm amazed that Fulham were basically the only club to sign him and for a minimal fee in the region of £1.5 million.

His goals last night continue to show a variety of what he is capable of and has also had a decent wee start to his Fulham career. I know 99:99999% of the users here will say I'm biased towards Sir David, but the man is a living legend. A lot more to come from him.

You ARE biased towards him, but that's natural. I'm starting to think that Sanchez might have made one of the buys of the season. That's 10 goals in the qualifying group ALONE, and 2 from 3 in the premiership.

Another game, another few goals.

This man is really on fire at the moment and I find it hard to use superlatives to describe this man, as there are no more in the dictionary. Again I'm coming away from Windsor suitabily impressed and still I'm amazed that Fulham were basically the only club to sign him and for a minimal fee in the region of £1.5 million.

His goals last night continue to show a variety of what he is capable of and has also had a decent wee start to his Fulham career. I know 99:99999% of the users here will say I'm biased towards Sir David, but the man is a living legend. A lot more to come from him.

Exact same feeling myself...the 2nd may have been a defensive mistake but bloody hell what a finish!

I think the qualifying scoring chart says it all:

11 David Healy Northern Ireland

7 Lukas Podolski Germany

7 David Villa Spain

6 Roberto Colautti Israel

6 Cristiano Ronaldo Portugal

6 Eduardo da Silva Croatia

5 Martin Petrov Bulgaria

5 Marcus Allbäck Sweden

Archived