BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pre-season Matches

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone going to the Hudds match?

I was the first person to get a ticket in the Rovers end, 'cause I'm a uni student in Huddersfield and managed to get a student ticket before they sent the tickets to Rovers to sell.

Should be a good day... fireworks display after the match, free face-painting for kids, the golf driving range is open all day for free, plus a load of other stuff. think there is something going on quite good at half-time too.

I'm currently sunning myself in Spain but have it on good authority that a ticket has been purchased on my behalf.

That'll be two of us going at least :)

Anyone going to the Hudds match?

purchased my tickets this afternoon (along with PNE ones).

never look forward to going to huddersfield, i get flashbacks to a defeat under brian kidd.

friday night game, lost in last minute after fighting back from two down! :(

Vetra, Hudds and North End tickets all sorted.

6 tickets, £50, can't grumble.

I did not realise that you were going to Lithuania. When are you flying/staying?

Sorry just realised that you were talking about the home game.

I discussed this bizarre pricing with a Town season ticket holder and he reckons the club are trying to milk the game having a perception that Rovers will generate hugh interest. However, fans doubt they'll sell more than 10k in total.

That said he did mention the intention is for Arsenal to play a pre-season friendly against Town in 12 months time and peopel with a record of a Rovers ticket will get priority for that one, so we might be a bit of draw afterall!

I got back to work after a fortnight's holiday and my mate has queried the bizarre pricing structure for the Town game with their ticket office.

They've told him that they haven't the faintest idea why Rovers have advertised it in such a manner, as they basically see it as a pay-on-the-day game and they don't expect pre-match sales at our end. Now they are probably not being 100% truthful, but there's nowt on the Rovers website that even suggests tickets will be on sale on the day, so Rovers aren't exactly being 100% factual either.

Archived