BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers On Tv

Well I'm not too technically minded , so could someone enlighten me (by PM if the mods don't approve) what the situation is this year with the dodgy foreign channels showing at the local pubs in town ....(strictly for the away games , of course !)

Will I , for example , be able to watch Boro be despatched by the Mighty Blues at a local near me this Saturday ?

SWEEEEEEEET! :tu: (if it's true)
Mate it's true, and here's the official media release;

MEDIA RELEASE

August 9, 2007

FOX SPORTS AND FOXTEL GIVES ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE VIEWER’S CHOICE OF FIVE LIVE GAMES

FOX SPORTS and FOXTEL are giving viewers another exciting advantage with English Premier League Viewer’s Choice allowing football fans to choose between up to five simultaneous LIVE English Premier League Games every Saturday night and when full midweek rounds are played.

On Saturday night (August 11) FOX SPORTS viewers will be able to watch a LIVE early English Premier League game (9.45pm kick off) and then choose between five LIVE matches that kick off at midnight before watching a third match LIVE at 2.15pm.

Viewer’s Choice is part of FOX SPORTS and FOXTEL’s digital Sports Active applications and allows the viewers to choose what game to watch when sporting events kick off at the same time.

English Premier League Viewer’s Choice is an exciting extension of the FOX SPORTS Viewer’s Choice concept that has been hugely successful with NRL coverage in 2007.

“Viewer’s Choice has been extremely popular in 2007 with our NRL coverage and this is a further enhancement of that initiative that will allow fans of the English Premier League unprecedented choice in the matches they watch,” said Director, FOX SPORTS Channels, Tony Sinclair. “The simultaneous scheduling of the English Premier League games lends itself to broadcasting multiple matches to give fans the ultimate power of choice.”

The application has been developed by FOXTEL’s Interactive Television Unit. Viewers will not be able to record games within the interactive application, however viewers who subscribe to the FOXTEL iQ will still have the option of being able to record the LIVE “match of the day” coverage.

FOXTEL’s Executive Director of Content, Product Development and Delivery, Patrick Delany, said: “The English Premier League’s Viewer’s Choice interactive application is another clear example of the innovation that FOXTEL is developing to provide a better experience for it subscribers.

“The Viewer’s Choice application puts our viewers in control and allows them unprecedented personalisation of how they watch their English Premier League coverage on a Saturday night – there simply is nothing like it on Australian television.

“Best of all it comes at no additional cost to their subscription, there are no expensive broadband fees to pay, or waiting for programs to download – you simply choose the Premier League game you want to see and press select.”

The development will see up to seven matches from the English Premier League broadcast LIVE every Saturday night (and during midweek full rounds) giving FOX SPORTS viewers the best possible coverage of the world’s most watched football competition.

When the Viewer’s Choice game kicks off viewers can watch the game that is on the screen or activate Viewer’s Choice. Digital subscribers press the red button on the remote control and the screen will split into four, displaying the other four matches that are available. Move the left and right arrows to highlight the game you want to watch and then hit the select button.

Viewers can also choose to watch all four of the Viewer’s Choice matches on the split screen and can also change between games.

Simple steps to enjoy English Premier League Viewer’s Choice:

1. At the start of the Viewers Choice match hit the red button if you want to watch any of the different four viewers choice games

2. Use the left and right button to highlight the game you want

3. Hit the select button

The English Premier League Viewers Choice is free to subscribers that have FOX SPORTS as part of their package.

The opening weekend schedule means FOX SPORTS viewers can choose to watch one of four Aussies in action from 11.55pm, choosing between Mark Viduka (Newcastle), Josip Skoko (Wigan), Mark Schwarzer (Middlesbrough), Brett Emerton (Blackburn). Harry Kewell’s Liverpool follows at 2.15am in the late game when they take on Aston Villa.

The English Premier League Viewer’s Choice will be explained further in tonight’s return of popular football magazine show Total Football, which screens on FOX SPORTS 3 at 7.30pm.

FOX SPORTS’ English Premier League week one schedule:

Sat 11 Aug Sunderland v Tottenham LIVE 9.45pm (FOX SPORTS 2)

Sat 11 Aug West Ham v Manchester City LIVE 11.55pm (FOX SPORTS 2) *

Sat 11 Aug Bolton v Newcastle LIVE 11.55pm (FOX SPORTS 2) *

Sat 11 Aug Everton v Wigan LIVE 11.55pm (FOX SPORTS 2) *

Sat 11 Aug Middlesbrough v Blackburn LIVE 11.55pm (FOX SPORTS 2) *

Sat 11 Aug Derby v Portsmouth LIVE 11.55pm (FOX SPORTS 2) *

* Viewers choice: Digital viewers can choose which of the games to watch

Sun 12 Aug Aston Villa v Liverpool LIVE 2.15am (FOX SPORTS 2)

Sun 12 Aug Chelsea v Birmingham LIVE 10.30pm (FOX SPORTS 3)

Mon 13 Aug Manchester Utd v Reading LIVE 1.00am (FOX SPORTS 3)

Wed 15 Aug Tottenham v Everton LIVE 5.00am (FOX SPORTS 1)

Thu 16 Aug Portsmouth v Manchester United LIVE 4.40am (FOX SPORTS 1) *

Thu 16 Aug Birmingham v Sunderland LIVE 4.40am (FOX SPORTS 1) *

Thu 16 Aug Fulham v Bolton LIVE 4.40am (FOX SPORTS 1) *

Thu 16 Aug Manchester City v Derby LIVE 4.40am (FOX SPORTS 1) *

Thu 16 Aug Reading v Chelsea LIVE 4.40am (FOX SPORTS 1) *

* Viewers choice: Digital viewers can choose which of the games to watch

So in theory us Aussies will be able to see more games than people in the UK :D

TrueVisions in Thailand will show every Rovers game live this season - actually on the package I'm on every Premiership game is live on TV :rolleyes::rover:

Thailand is fast becoming to country that has everything : gay pad prick (it's a food), ladyboys and now every single rovers game! if i was to move there, i could indulge in 3 of my favourite pastimes, maybe simultaneously. :lol:

i'm joking..... Thailand is a great place. :rover:

Well I'm not too technically minded , so could someone enlighten me (by PM if the mods don't approve) what the situation is this year with the dodgy foreign channels showing at the local pubs in town ....(strictly for the away games , of course !)

Will I , for example , be able to watch Boro be despatched by the Mighty Blues at a local near me this Saturday ?

Not at the moment, unless they've got VERY big dishes or have paid a fortune for a subscription. Although that might change in the next couple of days.

Thailand is fast becoming to country that has everything : gay pad prick (it's a food), ladyboys and now every single rovers game! if i was to move there, i could indulge in 3 of my favourite pastimes, maybe simultaneously. :lol:

i'm joking..... Thailand is a great place. :rover:

Let me guess, "gay" "prick" and "ladyboys" I'm only joking too, or am I?

:lol:

the 3 pastimes mentioned were food, ladyboys and rovers.

'gay pad prick' is a thai dish. i'd advise you not to google it, though! :ph34r:

I understood that, just messing, I won't google it. It sounds like quite a errr mouthfull. Heh Heh.

Mate it's true, and here's the official media release;

So in theory us Aussies will be able to see more games than people in the UK :D

Glorious! I didn't believe it till I saw it for myself on Sat night. Any Aussies know how we find out what the other "Viewers Choice" games are on? The internet Foxtel TV Guide only seems to show the 1 game on each channel (we are on again this weekend v the Arse BTW).

Archived