BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Army/ War Strategy Games

Can anyone tell me of any good strategy games based on the army/ war. Iv not had any for ages and I want a game that is abit different from the normal that I play (Usually footy games or racing)

Im looking for a game that basically you build up your troops and possibly cities and you can then destroy others - any good suggestions?

depends on how good your PC is. its sounds like you want an RTS

Company of Heroes

Faces of War

Supreme Commander

C&C 3

Dawn of War

You might want to try one of the Total War games - Rome and Medieval II are good.

World in Conflict (due in September) appears to be rather good. But you want a game now

Don’t go with AGE 3 it’s a real let down im an avid fan but it really disappointed me ( maybe because the total war series has spoilt it for me), go with the Total war games, graphics, playability and general realism is superior to any strategy/war game out their. Start with Rome total war & work your way upto to Medieval total war two (most recent addition)

rome-total-war-4.jpg

Don’t go with AGE 3 it’s a real let down im an avid fan but it really disappointed me ( maybe because the total war series has spoilt it for me), go with the Total war games, graphics, playability and general realism is superior to any strategy/war game out their. Start with Rome total war & work your way upto to Medieval total war two (most recent addition)

rome-total-war-4.jpg

To be fair, I was commenting because I have played the older AGE games and thought that as this was the lastest one it would be better.

I should know better :ph34r:

No worries pal, wasnt having a go i was just disappinted with the newish one

Ah no, I knew you wernt having a go. Just slating myself really because I shouldn't be recommending a game that I havent played before

did you find with Rome TW that you started ignoring the battles and just did the strategy map? I had to uninstall it I was spending waaaaaay too much time playing it

The other war round sometimes, that’s the most difficult aspect of the game, expanding your empire on the strategy map whilst having enough (quality also) troops to fight in battle. Anyway for me it’s the best of the war/strategy games and you can re-create any-battle/ ant era / or army using the editor

Yes it is extrmly adictive, especially with the add-ons ( the sountrack is good too, realistic for the era)

Thanks for all your replies.

Is C&C3 a futuristic game when its like aliens and stuff? I think I have played an older version of this - is it where you use titanium or something?

I quite like the old Civilization and was hoping for a better game than that but based on a similar style.

Im not into the alien/ futuristic type so that rules out supreme commander.

Let me know guys what fits best.

Thanks for all your replies.

Is C&C3 a futuristic game when its like aliens and stuff? I think I have played an older version of this - is it where you use titanium or something?

I quite like the old Civilization and was hoping for a better game than that but based on a similar style.

Im not into the alien/ futuristic type so that rules out supreme commander.

Let me know guys what fits best.

That’s the good thing about .the total War series in that it combines a very similar strategy campaign like civilisation with 3d battles

This defiantly best suits what your after

Civilization IV for turn based strategy.

I love the look of Rome Total War! Bazza, surely that footage isn't real time, as in a player playing the game is controlling what is happening? To me it looks so good that I cannot see it being any more than a computer simulated battle that the player has no control over...

Anyone used to play the Nobunaga's Ambition games for the Sega? I was looking for something close to that. Rome caught my eye, but is it similar? Also used to play a game called Legion that I liked and was similar.

Civilization IV for turn based strategy.

I love the look of Rome Total War! Bazza, surely that footage isn't real time, as in a player playing the game is controlling what is happening? To me it looks so good that I cannot see it being any more than a computer simulated battle that the player has no control over...

Not sure, but ive witnessed via clips , some guys having upto 10,000 actual slodiers in battle . It all depends on what spec computer they have. But the game is awesome from playability down to graphics

BTW Rome is turn based strategy game, when the two armies clash or you try to take a settlement on the strategy map you have the option to fight

Archived