>

>

>

>

>

>

Except me of course! ;)

because you know it would crack? :lol:

Personally I feel philipl and AESF ARE as good and as bad as each other in their own ways - both have fair points whether true or not and its up to them whether they hold issue with anything or chose to change their minds and as always things just need to been taken with a pinch of salt in what is posted on a mb and to be read in context on the subject

It does appear that philipl is being made into a scapegoat for nicko though at the moment.

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have to ask... How do you work that one out?

he has been a long time poster and was the original ' nicko' to some extreme with his behind the scenes information (correct or not) - to me he has not had as much flack than he has had recently, either for just realying information which he may have been believed to be correct or for changing his mind on a matter.

Not only do circumstances and people change, so does the information that is available at any given time. In the early days, Ince's team did play with a freedom and enthusiasm which had been missing at the end of Hughes' time, but Arsenal found it out as having no systematic backbone and by October so had the rest of the Premier League and Ince had absolutely no answer. By that time I had also become privy to an awful lot of information about the total shambles that had been going on and what was still going on behind the scenes at Rovers.

Not wishing to intrude on private grief between you and Smiffy by any means.

You did say however that you would submit the information you had about Ince, once his dismisssal and compenation matter was settled.

Given his recent bleatings to Sky regarding the what he considered the premature manner of his dismissal, I think we can safely assume that all matters have been resolved between the club and Ince, and if not, Ince by going to the media I would presume he has waived any privileges he might have otherwise relied on.

I'm not doubting that there were all manner of things going on behind the scenes. I'm sick of seeing Ince and hearing about him in the media. The man is obviously a menace.

Therefore isn't it time to ventilate these events on this MB for posterity?

he has been a long time poster and was the original ' nicko' to some extreme with his behind the scenes information (correct or not) - to me he has not had as much flack than he has had recently, either for just realying information which he may have been believed to be correct or for changing his mind on a matter.

I'm still not sure how that makes him a scape-goat for Nicko. He's getting flack for his own posts as far as I can see. I don't honestly see where Nicko comes in to it and, to be honest, why Nicko should deserve any flack.

I'm still not sure how that makes him a scape-goat for Nicko. He's getting flack for his own posts as far as I can see. I don't honestly see where Nicko comes in to it and, to be honest, why Nicko should deserve any flack.

Nicko - posted what he believed to be correct or had opinion which he then changed and was hounded for it ( hack or not)

The same is happening to philipl by some posters who in general don't usually post as such ( or haven't done IMO) and it starts to snowball as if its a campaign of some sort.

Nicko - posted what he believed to be correct or had opinion which he then changed and was hounded for it ( hack or not)

The same is happening to philipl by some posters who in general don't usually post as such ( or haven't done IMO) and it starts to snowball as if its a campaign of some sort.

Utter ######.

PhillipL changes his views as often as the weather changes.

Utter ######.

PhillipL changes his views as often as the weather changes.

I must say there is one connection between Philpl and alan nixon. Both of em would rather stick pins in their own eyes rather than ever admitting to being wrong. A little humility from both would not be misplaced.

The two of em need to consider why they put rubbers on the end of pencils ......... it's cos EVERYBODY makes mistakes at sometime or other.

I must say there is one connection between Philpl and alan nixon. Both of em would rather stick pins in their own eyes rather than ever admitting to being wrong. A little humility from both would not be misplaced.

The two of em need to consider why they put rubbers on the end of pencils ......... it's cos EVERYBODY makes mistakes at sometime or other.

Agree Theno , but isn't that what makes their perceived character?

There are many a poster who don't post or as much as they used to anymore because of 'what I would call 'victimanisation' and feel this MB has gone downhill a little.

What I do know is that without the likes of philipl and AESF etc this MB would be a tad worse than having them on board.

As Den has posted its a MB and posters just need to take a step back sometimes.

I have used the words sorry and I was mistaken.

Unlike a lot of people on these boards.

I have not changed my opinion at any stage on:

- my overall admiration and support for John Williams

- my argument that the Trust is the best form of ownership we could have realistically wished for and they have been very generous and continue to be strong supporters of the club

- my support for Benni and Roque

- my view that Mark Hughes was excellent manager for us

- my view that Souness was superb for two years then lost the plot

- my opinion that we should have stuck it out and not sold David Bentley

- my views that Liverpool and Manchester United have ownership structures that are massively damaging them

- my opinion that West Ham continued to break Premier League and FA rules from the day they got fined (which in itself was a total cop-out) and that they should fully compensate Sheffield United and everyone else who lost out as a result

- my view that the Icelanders at West Ham and Gaydamaks at Pompey throwing money at average Premier League footballers is the worst thing that has happened to the League in the last two seasons.

Most of what I was aware of re Ince has already come out on this MB so there is no point in going over old ground- just read the Ince thread after the date he was sacked if you are interested.

As for the 'drog's homily on humility- from the 'drog! I am still chuckling!

Apart from you?

That must be the BIGGEST case of "do as I say not as I do" Gordon that I have ever seen!

;-)

:rover: we lost out on 20 million keeping a player who does not want to be here,jw will have a lot to answer to when the season ends :brfcsmilie:

missing out on a few million just to keep us in top flight football. when in the summer we will get 18million - 3m.

rsc will be giving 110% over the next few months, i dont think he the type of player that sulks.

missing out on a few million just to keep us in top flight football. when in the summer we will get 18million - 3m.

rsc will be giving 110% over the next few months, i dont think he the type of player that sulks.

:rover: well he did some sulking in december :angry::brfcsmilie:

Just before I go firmly back on topic to discuss transfer expenditure (or should I say our lack of expenditure) , my apologies if anyone was upset by 'The Hokey Cokey' song I posted yesterday.

For the remainder of the year I don't intend to post any more facetious digs towards PhilipL, in case it gets misconstrued as being personal. I've never had anything personal against Philip.

It does appear that philipl is being made into a scapegoat for nicko though at the moment.

I wasn't aware of any issues between Philip and Nicko. I don't always religiously read 'Nicko's thread' in the transfer window, so I'm not aware of what this is about.

Anyway, back on topic...

I'm afraid that what I'm about to post next is likely to make grim reading for those of us who believe that Rovers in recent seasons haven't been active enough in terms of spending money in the transfer market.

I've managed to get hold of a 5-year Premiership spending table between the 2003/04 season and the 2007/08 season, which finished last May.

According to this Premiership spending table, Rovers have indeed had the lowest transfer expenditure in the last five years. We've had a transfer surplus of £9.5m in those five seasons - clearly selling more than we've bought in the transfer market in the last five years.

Obviously I'm aware that there's no way that Rovers can compete with the likes of Chelsea - net spending of £257m over five years, Liverpool - net spending of £86m over five years, and Man United - net spending of £78m over five years.

However, I'd like to think that we'd be able to compete in the transfer market with local rivals like Bolton, who've had net spending of £13.95m in the last five seasons. That's £23.45m more than Rovers have spent during the equivalent period.

Fulham, whose average attendances of about 24,000 are similar to Rovers, have spent around £19m more than Rovers in the last five seasons.

I'm concerned that we're being left behind. Not in terms of being left behind with the big boys like Man United and Liverpool, who are obviously massively ahead of us in terms of resources. I'm very concerned that Rovers are being left behind in the transfer market compared with other clubs like Bolton and Fulham who have similar size attendances to ours.

I daresay that it also concerned Mark Hughes, who I suspect wasn't happy at all with the levels of transfer funding available to him at Ewood. Hence Mr Hughes decided to jump into bed (much to my disgust) with a murderous tyrant like Dr Shinawatra with a history of torturing his own people. Some managers just don't have any principles do they? Heck, I bet some of the buggers would get into bed with Robert Mugabe if they felt there was more money in it.

By all means Hughes was entitled to air his grievances over the lack of funding available to him at Rovers. He was also entitled to have long-term managerial ambitions. But I strongly objected to the way and the manner in which Hughes left for a murderous thug like Dr Shinwatra. It all left a very nasty taste in the mouth as far as I'm concerned.

Anyway, the Premiership spending table I'm referring to is below:

5yearspendingcomparison.jpg

Some good stuff from anti euro smith above about premiership clubs spend over the last five years, but can anyone do a supporters average spend table.

Would love to see what the average Rovers fans spend is during a season not individually but collectively what it averages out at.

Archived