BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Why Do We Have No Money

waggy

The trustees must either invest or sell - and as quickly as possible.

They'll never sell, it's a fool's errand trying to find a buyer for this club in an economic downturn who will be compliant with the requirements as laid down in the trust document.

I'm getting a bit sick to the back teeth of this.

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They'll never sell, it's a fool's errand trying to find a buyer for this club in an economic downturn who will be compliant with the requirements as laid down in the trust document.

I'm getting a bit sick to the back teeth of this.

Of what?

35th richest club in Europe? Sounds like a bit of dodgy accountancy going on there.

I'm sure Southend and Gillingham are hardly in clover, but I'm concerned about Blackburn. I don't think the club is being run on a viable business model if we wish to stay in this division. And I don't think dropping a division will do us any good.

The wheels were always going to fall off at some stage and now the nuts are dangling by a thread.

In a way we are now victims of our own success. I actually enjoyed the 80's bouncing around in the Blackburn end, back in the days of 6000 gates. Back then we were carefree, there was no big expectation/media interest in the club and any win was treated like it might be the last! All that mattered was having a laugh and enjoying the match with the lads. We admired the job John Bond was doing at Burnley - Man U were but a distant distant dream. Players paid for peanuts and there was a working class team spirit, we felt closer to the players and felt they gave a sh1t. Normally because you'd bump into them in town or Suttys. We all thought Simon Barker was world class and were proud to have an international as good as Brotherton (RIP).

The thought of returning to a lower division and the above would actually be quite welcome in these days of whinging over paid hypocrites who have absolutely no empathy with the fans. I am sure I and most people on here of a certain age (and probably some younger) would enjoy that time even more if we had it again....

Alas things will never be the same the ground development that we were all so awestruck by now means that 6000 in Ewood would be a graveyard. No atmosphere and no longer any soul. A club crippled by the suits from Jersey and run by media executives.

But wait...

Let's not get depressed at selling our 'stars', our inability to sign any quality replacements, watching long ball football, no goals for, plenty against, the lack of heroes, Burnley being above us, crap refereeing decisions, big club bias, Sh1t southern media coverage and lets not forget having possibly the sh1ttest town centre in the world......

We have had our time in the sun.....but feck it, it rains here all the time anyway - Forget the big 4, the Spurs wannabees, City and their dinars.....now only one thing remains...finishing above Burnley.

So when your down at Ewood on Saturday as we take on another team in Claret & Blue, look at the people around you......welcome to the Blackburn Infantry.

Doesn't make sense then. Wasn't there a table published last year that had us down as about the 35th richest club in Europe? Why don't you talk to some Gills and Southend fans about football finances?

I believe we sit in the top 50 of turnover within Europe.

This window + 12.203m before wages of course.

So Im guessing that the bank got a very large slice of it

ARRIVAL

David Hoilett (FC St. Pauli) * -

Gavin Gunning (Blackburn Rovers U18) -

Aaron Doran (Blackburn Rovers U18) -

Steven N'Zonzi (SC Amiens) 445.000 £

Lars Jacobsen (Everton) free transfer

Gaël Givet (Olym. Marseille) 3.560.000 £

Elrio van Heerden (FC Brügge) free transfer

Míchel Salgado (Real Madrid) free transfer

Franco Di Santo (Chelsea) * free transfer

Nikola Kalinic (Hajduk) 6.230.000 £

TOTAL: 10.235.000 £

DEPARTURE

Roque Santa Cruz (Man City) 18.868.000 £

André Ooijer (PSV) free transfer

Aaron Mokoena (Portsmouth) free transfer

Tugay Kerimoglu (End of career) -

Matt Derbyshire (Olympiacos) 2.670.000 £

Maceo Rigters (Unknown) free transfer

Bryan Hodge (Partick Thistle) free transfer

Josh O'Keefe (Walsall FC) free transfer

Alex Marrow (Oldham Athletic) * free transfer

Keith Treacy (Sheff Utd) * free transfer

Mark Bunn (Sheff Utd) * free transfer

Alan Judge (Plymouth) * free transfer

Gavin Gunning (Tranmere Rovers) * free transfer

Paul Gallagher (Leicester City) ? according to local sources 900k

TOTAL: 22.438.000 £

Funny how everyone seems to focus blame on the trustees and never the board.

It's because the trustees have their hands (firmly clasped) on the purse strings and not the board.

The wheels were always going to fall off at some stage and now the nuts are dangling by a thread.

In a way we are now victims of our own success. I actually enjoyed the 80's bouncing around in the Blackburn end, back in the days of 6000 gates. Back then we were carefree, there was no big expectation/media interest in the club and any win was treated like it might be the last! All that mattered was having a laugh and enjoying the match with the lads. We admired the job John Bond was doing at Burnley - Man U were but a distant distant dream. Players paid for peanuts and there was a working class team spirit, we felt closer to the players and felt they gave a sh1t. Normally because you'd bump into them in town or Suttys. We all thought Simon Barker was world class and were proud to have an international as good as Brotherton (RIP).

The thought of returning to a lower division and the above would actually be quite welcome in these days of whinging over paid hypocrites who have absolutely no empathy with the fans. I am sure I and most people on here of a certain age (and probably some younger) would enjoy that time even more if we had it again....

Alas things will never be the same the ground development that we were all so awestruck by now means that 6000 in Ewood would be a graveyard. No atmosphere and no longer any soul. A club crippled by the suits from Jersey and run by media executives.

But wait...

Let's not get depressed at selling our 'stars', our inability to sign any quality replacements, watching long ball football, no goals for, plenty against, the lack of heroes, Burnley being above us, crap refereeing decisions, big club bias, Sh1t southern media coverage and lets not forget having possibly the sh1ttest town centre in the world......

We have had our time in the sun.....but feck it, it rains here all the time anyway - Forget the big 4, the Spurs wannabees, City and their dinars.....now only one thing remains...finishing above Burnley.

So when your down at Ewood on Saturday as we take on another team in Claret & Blue, look at the people around you......welcome to the Blackburn Infantry.

Top post WWW - are you related to Paul by any chance :lol:

Why do we have no money???

Because we can't sell season tickets for more than £150.

In the broader landscape of things it doesn't make that much difference. Bolton, Wigan and Fulham are selling season tickets for about £100 more. THat adds up to, say, 16000 tickets x 100 = 1.6million. Not a lot of cash in the grander scheme of things. Plus we sell more tickets so that mitigates to an extent.

There are only 3 possible explanations:

1) All clubs roughly equal in size to us who are buying more players than us (Wigan, Bolton, Fulham, Birmingham, Hull) are either running larger debts or owners are putting money in

2) We are running a higher wage bill than these clubs

3) The trust is taking money out of the club

It is impossible to say which is the case.

Arsenal - Total Revenue: 256.3 M €; Salaries: 116.8 M €; Debt Total: 479.8 M €; Annual Interest: 29.9 M

Aston Villa - Total Revenue: € 87.1 M; Salary: € 58.1 M, Total Debt: 84.1 M €; Annual Interest: 6,6 M €

Blackburn - Total Revenue: € 65.0 M; Salary: € 45.7 M, Total Debt: 19,6 M €; Annual Interest: 1,7 M €

Bolton - Total Revenue: € 68.2 M; Salary: € 45.0 M, Total Debt: 60.0 M €; Annual Interest: 3,4 M €

Chelsea - Total Revenue: 246.6 M €; Salaries: 172.0 M €; Debt Total: 809.0 M €; Interest Annual 0.0 M € - Owner: Roman Abramovich 100%, the creditor is the owner of debt the club.

Everton - Total Revenue: € 87.6 M; Salary: € 51.3 M, Total Debt: 44.9 M €; Interest Annual 4.4 M €

Fulham - Total Revenue: € 61.9 M; Wages: 45.3 M €; Debt Total: 227.1 M €; Interest Annual 2.0 M €

Hull City - Total revenues: 10.3 M €; Salary: 7.9 M €; Total Debt: € 1.1 M, 0.05 M € annual interest - Note: Figures for the Report and Accounts 2007 (club acted in Championship)

Liverpool - Total Revenue: 183.3 M €; Wages: - M €; Total debt: € 322.9 M, 24.2 M € annual interest

Manchester City - Total Revenue: € 94.9 M; Salary: € 62.5 M, Total Debt: € 169.5 M, 12.3 M € annual interest - Owners: 90

Manchester United - Total Revenue: 295.7 M €; Salaries: 139.7 M €; Total debt: € 806.7 M, 79.6 M € annual interest

Middlesbrough - Total Revenue: € 55.3 M; Wages: 40.1 M €; Debt Total: 107.3 M €; Interest Annual 8.3 M €

Newcastle United - Total Revenue: 116.3 M €; Salary: € 86.0 M, Total Debt: 122.5 M €; Interest Annual 7.6 M €

Portsmouth - Total Revenue: € 81.3 M; Salary: € 63.1 M, Total Debt: 66.5 M €; Interest Annual 7.6 M €

Stoke City - Total revenues: 12.9 M €; Salary: € 12.9 M, Total Debt: € 2.6 M, 0.05 M € annual interest Note: Figures for the Report and Accounts 2008 (club acted in Championship)

Sunderland - Total Revenue: € 73.4 M; Salary: € 42.8 M, Total Debt: 79.8 M €; Interest Annual 4.5 M €

Tottenham Hotspur - Total Revenue: 132.5 M €; Wages: 61.1 M €; Debt Total: 75.0 M €; Interest Annual 4.5 M €

West Bromwich Albion - Total Revenue: € 31.4 M; Salary: € 25.1 M, Total Debt: 10.2 M €; Interest Annual 1.0 M € - Note: Figures for the Report and Accounts 2008 (club acted in Championship)

West Ham United - Total Revenue: € 65.7 M; Salary: € 51.0 M, Total Debt: 41.5 M €; Interest Annual 2.3 M €

Wigan Athletic - Total revenues: 49.6 M €; Wages: 44.3 M €; Debt Total: 76.6 M €;

The Guardians David Conn view of the debt/profit in the Premier league, club by club.

I dare say ours in particular will be disputed by some but here goes.

Accounts for the year to 30 June 2008

Ownership The Trustees of the Jack Walker 1987 Settlement, a trust registered in Jersey (a tax haven)

Turnover £56.4m (up from £43.3m: a 30% increase)

Gate and match-day £6.2m

TV and broadcasting £41.2m

Commercial £9m

Wage bill £39.7m (up from £36.7m, an 8% increase)

Wages as proportion of turnover 70%

Profit before tax £3m

Debts £17m

Interest payable £1.5m

Highest paid director John Williams: £295,000

State they're in.

With Premier League survival secured, chairman John Williams will feel vindicated for having swiftly removed Paul Ince as the manager in December and appointing Sam Allardyce. Williams persuaded the club's owners, the trustees of Jack Walker's estate, to loan the club £3m last year, but they have wanted to sell for two years but no buyer has appeared. With gates and commercial income under pressure in the recession, Williams and Allardyce will have to husband resources shrewdly again next season.

Premier league.

The summery of our overall position at the time, pretty accurate if you ask me and like it or not the current decisions being made by the club have to be done for the long term survival of BRFC.

:lol: beat me to it oklahoma. Using oklahoma's figures (educated guess work) you can see the increases from the 08 A/C to either this seasons or last never sure with these reports.

There are only 3 possible explanations:

1) All clubs roughly equal in size to us who are buying more players than us (Wigan, Bolton, Fulham, Birmingham, Hull) are either running larger debts or owners are putting money in

2) We are running a higher wage bill than these clubs

3) The trust is taking money out of the club

It is impossible to say which is the case.

I guarantee that if anybody is doing 1, they will want to move to 3 asap.

Why do we have no money?

- Wages (80-90% of clubs turnover)

- Low gates /cheap seats (big diff vs. mediocre Everton's, Aston Villa, etc.. never mind the champs league cartel)

- Trying to run the club sustainably (others are not unfortunatley feeding the infaltion that basically threatens our club)

The way I see it is the wages (+bonusses) are not justified by the performances we have seen for the past 2 to 3 seasons - they are biting us on the bottom, howwever, the club I feel is very aware and is trying to do something about it something we are now seeing the beginnings of and will do more over the next 1 or 2 seasons.

Whether this will benefit us in the long run and keep our premisership status and stature , only time will tell.

Somebody has mentioned about battenning down the hatches and riding the rough to which I am in agreement - I see a big storm coming with a large wave with a lot of boats with holes in that will sink without repair - ours is being repaired as we speak - others will sink.

We can't repair with flimsy workmanship - but we can with some decent materials and the workmen (manager and team + fans) to help.

Replace some of the materials with a new product on the market or of similar and we have the structure and grounding with skill and workmanship to carry out this work.

We will survive and questions need to be asked and answered - however we win together and we lose together - we must also stand together and get behind the team and the club.

ARTE LABORE :brfc::brfc:

In early June, there was an article in the portuguese press about English football and the financial side of this.

It mentioned an article that came out on The Guardian that had the financial reports of all Premier league teams.

here is the article:

http://www.futebolfinance.com/en/o-estado-...premier-league/

It was interesting to see that only four clubs were less in debt than rovers - Yet all four were recently promoted teams. That debt must also have come down a bit due to recent business.

^ Those figures are very reassuring. Financially, we are much better off than many of our rivals which is an indication of long term viability - provided we stay in the Premier League.

Thought there was something missing. That's better. :tu:

Archived