BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Review Academy And Reserve Set Ups

JAL

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Allardyce comes in, things may take a turn for the worse, youth football wise. As far as I know hardly any came through at Bolton. And he signed that Ricardo Vaz Te as one of Portugal's most promising youngsters and how did he develop under Allardyce's guidance?

Admittedly, it's more important that the first team are successful but I don't like the idea of Rovers being patched up with short-termist vigour - i.e Henrik Pedersen at left back.

If Allardyce comes in, things may take a turn for the worse, youth football wise. As far as I know hardly any came through at Bolton. And he signed that Ricardo Vaz Te as one of Portugal's most promising youngsters and how did he develop under Allardyce's guidance?

Admittedly, it's more important that the first team are successful but I don't like the idea of Rovers being patched up with short-termist vigour - i.e Henrik Pedersen at left back.

"Short-termist vigour"?

I'd sign bfs merely on the basis that he won't play youth players.

Until the new manager asks how many first team players he's produced.

Wasn't there a big review being undertaken into this sort of thing - with Bobby Downes one of the three carrying it out. I wonder what he would have concluded?

Maybe down to a lack of facilities, hence why bolton are building a new complex?? Just a thought!

As Reserve team coach, I thought Hodges was getting a lot of flack for which youngsters got picked for the Reserves and which not and was generally not well-liked.

If by that you mean what is spouted on the Academy thread on the official site, then thats just a bunch of ###### off relatives unhappy that little jonny didn't get picked.

Archived