• Reid
    • Bentley
    • Vogel
    • Pedersen
    • Roberts
    • Santa Cruz
    • Dunn
    • McCarthy

santa cruz made a mistake for the first goal-gave it away to easy..

nelsen made a mistake for the second goal..

mistakes cost us..

i dont understand why people are saying samba and nelsen had terrible games-i thought they handled arguably the best striker in the world very well..

emerton handled babel very well-who tore arsenal apart in mid week..

Samba should have been sent off in the first half.

Samba then gave away what should have been a blatant penalty in the second half.

Samba 'got done' by Gerrard for Liverpools first goal.

Nelsen lost Torres for a free header first half that could have been a goal.

Nelsen along with Samba went awol for Gerrards goal.

Nelsens sloppy pass for one of the goals was embarrassing to say the least.

Both have looked far from secure in defence during the scond part of this season no wonder supporters are asking whats Hughes playing AT.

Is your blatant penalty the Gerrard dive?

Samba should have gone for the "tackle" outside of the box.

Liverpool probably should have had a penalty for the Emerton (I think) tackle on Torres, although it wasn't stonewall.

Neither of the Gerrard incidents were penalties though and I am really not looking at this through blue and white tinted spectacles.

Cant believe Hughes took Vogel off instead of Reid.Reid was shocking and I must say Pedersen’s days should be numbered.i thought Samba and Nelsen were good,and worked really hard.i thought Warnock and Emerton were caught out way too much making runs up field and then not getting back.I take my hat off to Roque,as a striker he should never be at the back defending.on more than one occasion I saw,Bentley standing up front,instead of tracking back to help out in defence.Benni looked really hungry to do something,and I kinda liked that formation with maybe having Dunn run the left flank,with Roberts and Roque up front,then playing benni just behind those 2.

So something like this

Friedel

Ooijer Samba Nelsen Warnock

Bentley Vogel Dunn

Benni

Roberts Roque

Is your blatant penalty the Gerrard dive?

Samba should have gone for the "tackle" outside of the box.

Liverpool probably should have had a penalty for the Emerton (I think) tackle on Torres, although it wasn't stonewall.

Neither of the Gerrard incidents were penalties though and I am really not looking at this through blue and white tinted spectacles.

Second half in front of the Kop Samba gained an unfair advantage on Gerrard for me, blatant penalty i'd have had no hesitation in giving it we got away with it.

Suprised at how many people have voted for Nelsen after he gifted them there 2nd goal.

Nelsen wasn't the main culprit for the second goal. It was Bentley (or possibly Emerton?) who ran from out right across the box sideways taking on 4 Liverpool players in the process before passing short to Nelsen who had no alternative other than to lump it. Unfortunately it went straight to one of their players, but Nelsen should never have even got the ball from where it was a few seconds earlier.

having now watched several rovers games on the telly and the last one versus lfc, twice, i have yet to see santa cruz really star. yesterday he was awful. any promising move died at his feet. missed passes and dreadful timing. his layoffs to attacking midfield players are dreadful. yesterday he looked like he could care less.someone suggested that he was better value than torres. that is absurd.

mick in terms of pounds per goal scored Santa Cruz is definitely better. the fact that Santa Cruz cost about 12% of Torres fee means you'd expect Torres to be the better player overall. Roque WAS poor yesterday but then he's hardly played in previous seasons and this must be a long hard season for a guy who had glass knees apparently in the past. I'd vote Nelsen if I'd voted. He actually looked to be trying to give some leadership out there and made some important tackles. Yes he made mistakes but then who didn't yesterday. We were poor overall and in particular there was nothing in midfield to help either attack or defence. It was more the lack of effort that struck me than the mistakes we made. We just didn't compete in any area.

Any respect I had for Gerrard disappeared after his cheating , diving performance . How he escaped a sending off or a booking is a disgrace .

As for our shambles , well they just awful - a total embarrassing end of season performance and an insult to the fans who made the trip .

I'm seriously worried about Nelsen , less so about Samba . Reid seems incapable of forward , decisive play and needs a good talking to . Pederson is so much in the comfort zone that he is lost to us - he needs to be sold at the end of the season ; keeping him sends out the wrong signals to the rest of the team that they can do buggerall and still get in the team .

Obviously I want us to do well against Scumchester on Saturday but a heavy defeat might just prompt the decisive inquest we need .

Archived