BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Charity 5 A-side Competition.

Hi all,

The annual supporters 5 a-side competition is upon us again and it will be taking place at the JJB Soccerdome, the day before the last home game of the season against Derby County.

All money raised will be going towards the 'Jason Roberts Foundation' and we will need all our players to give the same effort last season and make a strong contribution to this cause. We will also be having a raffle and after speaking to the Foundation's representatives, then we could have some decent prizes up for grabs. So far there are the usual prizes of spirits, £50 meal voucher, signed ball, signed Jason Roberts Shirt (wil get confirmation whether it is match-worn).

The winners will get their hands on the trophy, which has been doing the rounds for the last few years and also decent prizes for relevant winners. Last season the winners (The Torrents) each got an issued European Blackburn Rovers Shirt and leading goalscorer got an official Nike matchday ball. Details of the event are as follows:-

DATE:-

Friday 2nd May 2008

VENUE:-

JJB Soccerdome, Blackburn

ITINERARY TIME FOR VENUES:-

3:00pm Meeting at JJB Soccerdome

8:00pm Tournament comes to an end.

8:45pm Meet in bar at JJB for a buffet and Presentation.

TEAMS TAKING PART

• BRIC

• Jason Roberts Foundation Select

• Lancashire Evening Telegraph

• London Branch 'A'

• London Branch 'B'

• Northern Ireland Branch ‘A’

• Northern Ireland Branch ‘B’

• Norwegian Branch 'A'

• Norwegian Branch 'B'

• Republic of Ireland Branch

• The Torrents

If anyone else wants to put in a team, then please send me a PM regarding this. Teams can be entered at £10 per person, or indeed if your team sells the quantity of raffle tickets issued, then £5 per person, as this is all going towards a worthy fund. Again if a team from this site want to arrange one, then contact me and I will send across the details.

Alternatively if you want to purchase a raffle ticket for this, then you can contact me and arrange payment via paypal or they will be available to purchase at a few outlets/offices in Blackburn. Tickets are priced at £1 or £5 for a book of 6 and as you can see there are some decent prizes up for grabs, most importantly the Signed Jason Roberts Shirt.

Cheers Scott,

I will pass this onto the teams and get the registration sorted. Any takers for a team on this one.

All money is going to a very worthwhile charity.

It seems no one wants me, even with my pedigree :blink:

I think i shall have to enter me own team, will get back to you mate

It seems no one wants me, even with my pedigree :blink:

I think i shall have to enter me own team, will get back to you mate

Dougal and myself might be in Blackburn mid morning on the Friday if you need any numbers Scott. We had planned on going on a ground tour with genners, but they don't do them on the Fri before a game :(

:( very sad I won't be making it this year....

Very sad to hear this American, but we can always look forward to next year perhaps.

Trust all is well with you?

Dont know if you've got my pm Rover groo but would like to enter a team (dads and lads) will try again.

Jal, I got your PM as well as SAS and will respond to them tomorrow.

Will be good to get you along and will fill you in on all the details in that. Are you all from Lancashire area?

Graham, if you still need to make the numbers up add me to the list if thats ok?

I wana play against SAS. Been like a year since played 5 a side with him, might as well play against :)

Hi all,

As it stands there are still a few places to enter a team. Last few areas to be sorted, but here are the details: -

DATE:-

Friday 2nd May 2008

VENUE:-

JJB Soccerdome, Blackburn

Currently there are x11 teams playing and there is space for a maximum of 16 teams and need to confirm this by Monday 23rd April 2008.

Raffle tickets are currently sorted and there there are some decent prizes up for grabs, including, bottles of spirits, £50 meal voucher, signed ball, signed Jason Roberts Shirt, meal for x4 at Blues Bar, Samsung Digital camera etc. If anyone wants to buy any, then PM me with your details and can arrange payment through PayPal etc.

ITINERARY TIME FOR VENUES:-

3:00pm Meeting at JJB Soccerdome

8:00pm Tournament comes to an end.

8:45pm Meet in bar at JJB for a buffet and Presentation.

Any queries, then please do not hesitate to contact me.

***** U P D A T E *****

We currently have 4 more team spaces if anyone wants to avail of these.

The competition is nearly finalised and will be drawing up a group listing and need to add in any more teams that are interested in playing.

This is all in aid of a good cause for the JR Foundation. So please rally around and help support this event. Any problems or queries, then PM me.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Simon.

Archived