BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gta 4

Guest Kamy100

Agree completely.

I managed to complete San Andreas, but it became a chore. I gave up on GTA4 well before the end.

I think they overdo the emphasis on new features. In GTA4 they massively improved the fighting system, but this means that almost every mission becomes a shoot-em-up. It got incredibly tiresome. The old games used to have a really good variety of missions - they weren't always realistic, but it was a lot more fun.

I found the same problem with Red Dead Redemption too. After a promising start, that just descended into duck-shoot-duck-shoot-duck-shoot every mission.

I found 4 worthy of my time, but less so than VC. GTA4 I found interesting and I finished, but was rather depressed by it all. TLaD I finished, but found tedius. BoGT I got about half way through then lost intrest. RRD I got to about 70% before I realised I'd seen it all by 30% and it was just repeating themes over and over.

That said, I don't game like I used to, now a couple of hours on Burnout Paradise a week is all I need.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really enjoyed BOGT I thought it was a real blast and the missions where really different to the main GTA 4.

I thought the ending of GTA4 no matter what you did was to sad. But I did really like Niko as character.

RDR I thought was an amazing technical feat but the game its self was only OK. After that Irish Guy touched the Horses cock I just skipped the cut scenes.

I really enjoyed BOGT I thought it was a real blast and the missions where really different to the main GTA 4.

I thought the ending of GTA4 no matter what you did was to sad. But I did really like Niko as character.

RDR I thought was an amazing technical feat but the game its self was only OK. After that Irish Guy touched the Horses cock I just skipped the cut scenes.

I have to admit with RDR I have found myself stopping to admire the scenery (especially sunrise/sunsets) before remembering it's only a game.

That said, I don't game like I used to

Same here. I still enjoy old adventure games far more than I do new ones.

The only new game that really got me was Little Big Planet, not enough games aim for originality now though.

I bought the Uncharted games as they get brilliant reviews, really disappointed by those though. It feels like you're stuck in the cheesiest of Hollywood movies, and the gameplay is repetitive.

Archived