SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gta 4

Guest Kamy100

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Kamy100

Well what can I say other than the hype for GTA IV is doing the game an injustice as this game will literally blow your mind it is that good.

I was invited to an event organised by Sony where all the attendees were given a terminal which allowed us to play the first 2 acts of the new GTA. Unfortunately they made us all sign NDA's (Non Disclousure Agreements) so at the moment I am only allowed to reveal certain things.

First of all I have to say as this was a Sony event I was only able to play on the PS3 so was unable to compare and contrast with the 360 to see if there is any difference between the 2 versions.

I am allowed to take about the game in general but at the moment I am not allowed to reveal what happens in the first 2 acts. Generally speaking the game is wonderful, it is everything that you could ask for in a game and more. First of all graphically the game is superb, the city is very well designed and looks excellent and immediately you will see there is lots of things going and people behaving in different ways, for example I saw a tramp who was drunk, he was being abusive to a lady who turned around and kicked him in the nuts, that is the level of detail that Rockstar has included in this game. The city is also big, not as big as San Andreas but you won't notice because there is so much going that at times it amazed me just to look at the level of interaction going on. The other thing is the lighting, this is the first game that I have played that the lighting is perfect, for example I was on top of a building at dusk, the city looked breath taking as it started to get dark and people started to switch on lights.

People will also love Nicko, even playing the first 2 acts you really start to like him and the voice acting for him and also the other characters in the first 2 acts is superb. The gameplay is immense, it really draws you and even though we only played the first 2 acts you can see that the story will really hook people. Shooting, driving etc have all been improved and there is just generally a greater depth in everything gameplay related. There a couple of cool things that happen in the first 2 acts relating to the storyline but unfortunately I am not able to talk about that at the moment, but trust me people will love them when they happen. In terms of the environment Nicko is able to interact with pretty much everything and is able to enter the majority of buildings, there was no loading times when entering the buildings. The other thing is that in this version if the police are after you it is much much harder to shake them off, they are very clever and use different tactics to take you down which again is superb.

So there you have it. In my opinion the first 2 acts showed me that this game is going to be superb, it has perfected everything from gameplay, visuals to interaction. At the moment you have only seen trailers which look good but when you see this game in motion it'll blow you away.

Nice write up Kamy. This just makes me want to play it even more. I will go mental if I go into game on the day it comes out and they say that they havent got any (I have pre ordered but it is a very poor outfit in the Isle of Man)

Guest Kamy100

Yup it seems that everywhere is out of stock. I think that demand for this game is going to get even higher once people see the game in motion (the trailers do not do it justice) and also start to find out about all of it's features.

Does anyone know if you can swim? This might sound like a silly question but I always hated when you fell into the water on GTA III and Vice City and you would just die. San Andreas made it so you could swim which was better however, I am sure I have read somewhere that they were thinking about dropping the swimming because they found it pointless. Also, I understand there will be no planes to fly in this one although there will be choppers.

Guest Kamy100

I'll try and find out about swimming.

Deffo no planes in this one but you can fly choppers. Although we didn't get to try the chopper flying in the FAQ afterwards they were explaining how it would work and it sounds logical, it won't be easy to control the choppers and firing will also be harder. If you manage to get a missile with a launcher then it'll make things a lot easier and cause more damage.

Yup it seems that everywhere is out of stock. I think that demand for this game is going to get even higher once people see the game in motion (the trailers do not do it justice) and also start to find out about all of it's features.

Twice

got that bag spec edition on order and a regular copy just in case

I cant and wont take risks with this

Im really looking forward to this, to help calm my nerves my friends lending me Viking battle of Asgard, Dark Sector and Vegas 2 for a couple of weeks. Might help me keep myself contained.

Funnily enough i know there is very little gameplay we have seen but a few weeks ago,i did see a clip which lasted about 2 mins..it looked really genuine and when i refreshed it, it had been removed my moderators. The movement was pretty good down to the way the bodies move and even you could see the wind effect on the water.

Not long now anyway.

Where can i pre-order this game? It appears Game have stopped pre-orders, as have gamestation

You need to go and find Marty Mcfly. Borrow his car and go back about a month. You can then pre order it.

Sorry, just couldn't resist :rolleyes:

Archived