BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gta 4

Guest Kamy100

Had no problems with Xbox, save for a few pop in and texture loading. I am seriously blown away by this game though! I feel like Nico is a part of me, I spent today wondering what he was up to! Any 360 owners want tips on how to get the 6 star and 4 star achievements let me know!

Anyways I'm off to see if Michelle likes strip clubs...

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Kamy100

This game just get's better.

I tried to steal a car and was chased by a couple of coppers, I couldn't get rid of then so shot one of them and suddenly the situation esclated with 2 armed units and the police chopper called in. I was hiding behind bins, cars etc and managed to get under the bridge to escape the attentions of the chopper, all the time the on ground police squads taking pot shots, with my health on critical I managed to grab a burger (to restore health) and finally hijack a car to escape the police squads and chopper.

So what started out as a mere car jacking turned into a major downtown shootout.

Class game is all I can say. I am also really loving the Social Interaction stuff, some of the missions that I am now getting to are also really intense!!

Kicked five bells out of someone who's car was blocking my car in (he was waiting a red light of all things). Ambulance turned up, the medic knelt down beside him and started resucitating him (you could even hear him shouting and cursing for him to hang on!) and after a minute or so he gets up and limps to the ambulance, opens the door and clambers in the back.

Not front page news I know but it's just another testament to the extraordinary amount of detail and thought that's gone into this game.

I've noticed a few posts saying the driving seems a bit dodgy at first - I agree but once you get used to it it's far more realistic and a lot better - a good handbrake turn is immensely satisfying in a decent car when you hammer the power down coming out of one - especially after the cars back end has just slingshot an unsuspecting bystander into orbit because they were a little too close to the edge of the kerb.

Best game ever made? Hell yes.

Kicked five bells out of someone who's car was blocking my car in (he was waiting a red light of all things). Ambulance turned up, the medic knelt down beside him and started resucitating him (you could even hear him shouting and cursing for him to hang on!) and after a minute or so he gets up and limps to the ambulance, opens the door and clambers in the back.

It's weird that they have to get into the ambulance themselves, though. I like to get them out of it so I can kill them again.

Cool details I noticed the other day:

- a cab driver flicking a cigarette butt out of the window

- people running for cover in a shop doorway when it started raining

- and a guy staggering around at night with a saucepan on his head

Just finished playing after 4 hours and before switching off I ventured online to have a look at a quick deathmatch.

Its more enjoyable than I thought it would be however, a couple of people seemed very laggy and as you go to shoot them the disappear and end up half way across the screen.

I think im onto the 2nd island now, had to go through the toll bridge and pay $7 and wait otherwise you get the cops after. Must say im so impressed even with this, the detail is just unbelievable.

A friend of mine told me you get jobs for Roman as a taxi driver? is this something i've missed? how do i do this? this would be a good way to bump up the cash so id appreciate it if someone whos done this would let me know.

A friend of mine told me you get jobs for Roman as a taxi driver? is this something i've missed? how do i do this? this would be a good way to bump up the cash so id appreciate it if someone whos done this would let me know.

You just pull him up on your phone and instead of call one of the options is Job.

I wouldnt bother though. I drove to the top of the map and picked someone up and took him to the bottom and I hardly got anything back. If your on your way to the second Island then this sort of cash is beneath you.

I've started noticing similarities with the "original" 3D Liberty City (GTAIII), especially in Algonquin.

Anyone done "Deconstruction for Beginners" yet? Replay the mission a few times and you'll notice that when you snipe the guys off the cranes they fall a little different EVERY TIME! (I've got the guy to miss the car completely when he falls.) Those are not pre-rendered animations but the physics engine calculating everything on the fly, incredible.

Finding all 200 pidgeons is going to be hard, I've only got about 10 so far...

I've got used to the driving now, you just got to be gentle with the stick, don't thrash it around, short subtle taps in one direction or t'other is enough and just tap the brake when cornering.

Anyone done "Deconstruction for Beginners" yet? Replay the mission a few times and you'll notice that when you snipe the guys off the cranes they fall a little different EVERY TIME! (I've got the guy to miss the car completely when he falls.) Those are not pre-rendered animations but the physics engine calculating everything on the fly, incredible.

Thats called the euphoria engine. Its whats being used in the new star wars game. The characters will try and save them selves if they think they are going to die.

For those interested this will explain things better - Click

I spend about an hour trying to save the game

Why?

Anyway, just been watching Gervais on the TV in the safehouse. I am sure I read that he had written something new for it however, I have heard all this before? Really starting to get a feel for the shooting system now. Dont want to stop playing. I was in town today and the Mrs asked me if I was going into game - for the first time in a long time I said there was no need as I had everything I wanted at the moment and wont get bored of it for many months yet :D

Why?

Anyway, just been watching Gervais on the TV in the safehouse. I am sure I read that he had written something new for it however, I have heard all this before? Really starting to get a feel for the shooting system now. Dont want to stop playing. I was in town today and the Mrs asked me if I was going into game - for the first time in a long time I said there was no need as I had everything I wanted at the moment and wont get bored of it for many months yet :D

The shooting system is absolutely fantastic. Reminds me a lot of Gears of War in the cover system. Although like Gears you can get stuck sometimes when you want to get out of cover.

Ive just done the bank job for Packie and unlocked the final Island!! What a mission that was. I also particularly enjoyed the mission were I had to rescue Roman but found the shouts from Niko a lil annoying 'Im Leaving here with my cousin' became a little repetitive. I just loved shooting the people on the roof and watching them fall off it.

I have the same problem as Bucky with trying to save my game. Theres always something to make you go wow I want more. I sat in amazement at someone washing the Windows at Cluckin Bell today.

When me and my friends were talking about it before release the big fear would the detail they have gone into may overcomplecate things and take the fun out of it, Im pleased to say this is not the case because it throws somthing up everyday Ive played it.

Niko is also an absolutely fantastic character, possibly one of the best ever written for a game if not the best

Does anyone know where this "Deconstruction for Beginners" task is and at what point of the game? im on the 2nd safehouse now on the 2nd island. The only thing about this game im worried about is that i've missed things cause its so dense.

don't mean to sound like a pervert- but i was having a lap dance the other day and just kept paying for more and more dances. eventually another bird comes in and they do a bit of a lesbian show. :rolleyes:

anyhow, then rather stupidly thought i would get on stage with the pole dancers- the bouncers didn't like it and i ended up having to knife a couple of them just to get out of there :rover:

awesome game.

Can someone explain in detail what problems you are having saving the game? I have mine on auto-save and when you complete a mission - it saves in about 2 seconds? :unsure:

I think they mean that they get caught up in things and don't get to the safe house to save.

I think they mean that they get caught up in things and don't get to the safe house to save.

But like I say, just set it to auto save and then when you complete a misson it will save straight away.

Archived