BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gta 4

Guest Kamy100

just got back and have an email from amazon saying it has been dispatched and will be here tomorrow- get in there!

i have paid £34.99 on amazon- cant beleive some shops are charging £45-50! :brfcsmilie:

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Asda & Tesco are selling from midnight for £39. Each store has a maximum of 50 per format to sell.

HMV phoned me today to tell me my pre-order had arrived - but at £50 i might not bother!

My hard earned £40 will be going toward the evil Walmart machine as of 12am tomorrow :rover:

....4 hrs and I'm there !!!!!!

Game in Manchester opened at midnight, i didnt bother with that, so i went at 7am. There wasnt anyone waiting, just walked straight in and picked up my preorder. Walked past Virgin (zavi) and there was a fair few people outside there.

Cant wait to play it tonight. Roll on 5pm

Had a quick play on it last night before bed, as Im up for work early. The gameplay itself so far looks similar to old versions however with a lot greater detail and a lot more things that can be done. The details of buildings, cars and people is better and you can easily climb onto items/ buildings where in previous versions this hasn’t been easy.

Also if you are involved in a fight – it is much harder to kill the guy than in the past. Usually if you stand infront of a car, they will get out and start fighting you. Also if the police see them throw a punch then they get arrested, so if you can try not to strike back. Police seem to be a lot more on the ball in this game too.

Not had a real go at it yet, so il do that after the Barca – Utd game tonight.

I've finally managed to put the ruddy controller down after two 4 hour marathon sessions. Incredible game, just mind blowing, I've done some of the silliest, craziest things I wouldn't even know where to begin - I actually managed to fling Niko out of a truck, catapult him 30 yards in the air and wrap him round a lampost which he then slid down Looney Tunes style. The Euphoria engine is going to revolutionise gaming.

PS I went to the midnight opening (again) and there were only half as many there as for Halo 3 despite it being multi-platform.

I managed to purchase it this morning. It's sitting here in my office looking at me and there's a good seven hours until I'm home.

I had to get it in Zavvi as HMV was 'sold out' and Game was running some scam where you had to buy a strategy guide for £12.00 on top of the game (£45.00) if you hadn't pre-ordered. F**king crooks.

I've finally managed to put the ruddy controller down after two 4 hour marathon sessions. Incredible game, just mind blowing, I've done some of the silliest, craziest things I wouldn't even know where to begin - I actually managed to fling Niko out of a truck, catapult him 30 yards in the air and wrap him round a lampost which he then slid down Looney Tunes style. The Euphoria engine is going to revolutionise gaming.

:lol:

I know what you mean, I love the way the peds now catch fire when there is a car crash etc near by. I had been driving for about 2 mins and managed to put Niko straight through the windscreen of the cab after hitting one of the bridge pillars :blink: I've also been flung 40 yards across a street after an explosion :rover:

Can't wait till after 6pm, was playing it from 6am-8am this morning :lol:...the driving is a little wonky though :unsure:

Usually if you stand infront of a car, they will get out and start fighting you.

Yep, and I've had a couple cling on to the car door until they fly off when you zip round a bend. Some of the detail in this is great. The rain and fog effects look superb.

The police can be annoying at times though. I was playing at being a passenger in the taxi and noticed you can aim your gun out the window. Let off a shot by accident and suddenly the cops started chasing the taxi and the drive bailed. Also, on the cops, walked into a launderette and opened the cash register, suddendly the police came to arrest me! Gits!

Just minor things imprvoe the game, like when your in the car you can put full beam on and things like that to make it easier to see when its dusk.

Also had the issue where someone clings onto the back of their car in desperation, just hit a wall, that sorts them out!!

Il have another mess around with it tonight to see what else is included before i start on the missions.

Adopted how do you add a video like that? And also how do you add it to brfcs?

Looking at his link he has saved it to imageshack (a website to store images online) and then posted the link when he came here.

Is anyone running it on the 60GB PS3 and having freezing issues?

I am only going to get home and play tonight but what I am reading on the tinterweb people are saying that there are problems?

Just curious :unsure:

Is anyone running it on the 60GB PS3 and having freezing issues?

I am only going to get home and play tonight but what I am reading on the tinterweb people are saying that there are problems?

Just curious :unsure:

Haven't seen that but already seen the many pissing contests between xbox vs PS3 debates. Can't these people just play play and enjoy the games on whatever console they have?!

Haven't seen that but already seen the many pissing contests between xbox vs PS3 debates. Can't these people just play play and enjoy the games on whatever console they have?!

Agreed, when I raised the point about suspected freezing on the ps3 I was ready and waiting to delete any comments turning the GTA thread into a fan boy war.

Anyway, I leave work in half an hour but not going to get on it until the baby goes to sleep (about 7 tonight) I just know its going to sit on top of the telly winking at me until then.

Archived