BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gta 4

Guest Kamy100

Have completed a few missions on it now Cocker on my 60gb and haven't had a problem at all...just the driving is doing my head in :(

Ah many thanks. As all things it could just be a few people who have put everyone on red alert :rolleyes:

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Police chase after you for just about anything, and the driving is much harder, every single handbrake turn I have tried has just skidded miles too far.

Also, it is just me or is it really, really dark? Tried changing the settings and it looks a bit better.

Oh, 60GB, no freezing.

It arrived at about 11 O'Clock this morning, nicely wrapped. :)

Wow just wow, this game is amazing. Anyone with a 360 or PS3 should own it.

First thing was first - switch back to classic controls. Couldnt get used to the new way at all.

Yes, I agree with people about the cars. At the moment I am still training (3 hours in) but I fear there could be problems later on when I have to really speed round the place. Loving the GPRS system that talks to you and shows you the way - no need to get lost ever again.

Love the phone too - I think like most reviews I too thought it would be a bit of an added extra but no I think its a cool idea.

The new fight system is exellent. I like the idea of being able to dodge punches and smack them back.

So, like I say I have been playing for three hours and I feel like I havent done anything yet - amazing. The graphics/sound are both excellent. I want to keep playing all night but alas I am too sensible and have to go to kip but come friday when its GTA day all day I will rip it apart and hopefully see what it fully has to offer.

For those that said £50 was too much I disagree. This is the first game that I feel will warrent a £50 price tag.

Guest Kamy100

This takes gaming to another level.

Not only does it have rock solid gameplay it takes social interaction within a game to almost life like levels. The attention to detail is amazing. Like Cocker this is the first game that I have played in last few years that fully justifies it's price tag. I have played for nearly 6 hours today and it feels as though that I have barely scratched the surface.

Rockstar have raised the bar and in my opinion this is the first "real" next gen game.

Kamy

100% agree with you there. This game is special!!!

Took a car with a Granny in the back, she escaped when I stopped and ran up some steps I chased her up she started to run back down so I pushed her down the steps.

Be sure to let the moral police know that this is possible when I decide to push my Grandma down the stairs!!!!!**

**Disclaimer, I have no intentions of pushing either of my Grandmothers down the stairs, partly because I love them very much and partly neither have stairs in their homes**

Started the missions and it has frozen twice already!! Whats the word on the issue Cocker?

Well, from what I have been reading the word from Rockstar (I dont have the official link to give though I am afraid) is that you delete gta 4 game data (not the save data) and load it again.

Some other people seem to think it has do with the online. Try playing while not signed into the PSN and seeing if that helps (I do realise that at some point you will want to go online with it but this could just be teething troubles that a patch would fix)

I (touch wood) have not had these problems so far so I can not confirm if they work or not.

Onto GTA again. Has anyone else decided that the sixaxis is a load of ol tosh? I have switched it from from bowling/darts/bike riding etc because it just feels pointless.

Also, has anyone else tried hailing a cab yet? I have managed to do it and get in and it take me some where but most of the time I end up high jacking the dam thing by mistake.

One last one - anyone find Michelle annoying :lol:

£50 is only too much when some have paid £35 :rolleyes:

anyhow, awesome game- how amusing is it when drunk?!?

walking down the street, niko is all over the place- unfortunately i fell over in the street and got run down by a taxi :tu:

happy days, roll on 6 o'clock and then its solid playing until the footy starts!

Not tried many missions yet but the 2 missions that froze, I tried again when not signed into the online and they both worked fine. Maybe that is the glitch!?

Still just messing about really and finding what you can do in the game. Still only played about 3 hours in total on it!

Ah, something else I have remembered. Did anyone else go over to the TV in Romans flat? I turned it on and spent about 15 mins watching it. Watching a tv in a computer game - sounds sad doesn't it but I don't care.

Yes I did. It's brilliant: 'Waning With Stars.' :lol:

I played it very briefly yesterday evening. It's very good, although My 360 crashed twice.

Two questions so far:

(1) To throw a brick for example, do you have to aim and then throw or can you simply blindly launch it? I'm hoping that the gunplay doesn't require you to access the crosshair everytime you want to fire.

(2) Will you get chased by the police every time you steal a car? I don't remember that being the case in previous entries.

Yes I did. It's brilliant: 'Waning With Stars.' :lol:

I played it very briefly yesterday evening. It's very good, although My 360 crashed twice.

Two questions so far:

(1) To throw a brick for example, do you have to aim and then throw or can you simply blindly launch it? I'm hoping that the gunplay doesn't require you to access the crosshair everytime you want to fire.

(2) Will you get chased by the police every time you steal a car? I don't remember that being the case in previous entries.

1) You have the option to turn the auto aim off. So the answer is no, you dont have to auto aim each time.

2) The cops will only chase you if they see you steal a car. I did it loads last night with no 'heat' from the cops. Just have a quick look round. If they are not there they dont see you doing it.

1) You have the option to turn the auto aim off. So the answer is no, you dont have to auto aim each time.

2) The cops will only chase you if they see you steal a car. I did it loads last night with no 'heat' from the cops. Just have a quick look round. If they are not there they dont see you doing it.

It's not the auto-aim I'm talking about rather the crosshair. Is there a button that you press to simply chuck a brick in the same way that I hope there is a button to press to simply fire your weapon without aiming it at all?

It's not the auto-aim I'm talking about rather the crosshair. Is there a button that you press to simply chuck a brick in the same way that I hope there is a button to press to simply fire your weapon without aiming it at all?

I can't remember properly because my smile was so big while playing it closed my eyes a little.

Not going to get chance tonight either as I am on baby duty.

Guess you will have to have a play tonight and find out :rolleyes: (but to be honest my guess is you will be able to throw it without the cross hairs)

Also, has anyone else tried hailing a cab yet? I have managed to do it and get in and it take me some where but most of the time I end up high jacking the dam thing by mistake.

I struggled with that at first, kept just nicking it. You have to hold down the buton instead of just pressing it.

Also, and another cool sub element, if you see a pigeon, shoot it. Looks like there are 100 in Liberty City as it counts down for each you shoot. only got 2 myself so far.

Car driving i am getting used to a little more. Just started missions with Romans friend of pinching cars for him and just got what looks like a Ford GT. It's very fast and handles really well. Since I did that i've seen a few of them around. I think we'll get better cars as the game goes on.

Yep, cops are very annoying and I have found myself looking around before I pinch any car now as they are hot on you if they see you. I suppose that's a bit more realism. Can't complain.

I feel sick reading all the posts here and not pre-ordering....how did i not know this would sell out (weeps in a dramatic fashion) I guess the one thing that will cheer me up this week, is that i am going to Ewood!!!

I feel sick reading all the posts here and not pre-ordering....how did i not know this would sell out (weeps in a dramatic fashion) I guess the one thing that will cheer me up this week, is that i am going to Ewood!!!

Why? Are they selling it there? :rolleyes:

Truly the best game ever made - I've played it for three hours and didn't even do a mission - just driving around and causing trouble. What makes this game is the detail. Straight from the off I was hurtling down the street and a woman steps out in the road, she flies over the bonnet and her cup of coffee she was carrying flew off in the other direction. I don't think there's a review out there that can justify how great this game is.

I was seeing how many police I could kill last night and took shelter in the local hospital – as soon as they got near the door I popped them in the head. Eventually had armed response bursting through but they were just getting wasted one by one too.

Eventually too many of them ensured they eventually killed me. The game is class – just causing trouble alone is fun and there are so many little things that you can do.

Started on the missions and done about 12 so far.

I get so sick/weird kick from hurling Niko through the windscreen of cars :lol: Although I've now discovered that I can put other people through theirs in head on collisions....and wait for it, when traveling at high speed if you tail end a car it'll catch fire and the driver will do so to and run around screaming B)

Archived