BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gta 4

Guest Kamy100

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
or look around the internet and you can get phone numbers for Niko's phone the provide weapons, cars, choppers..ect..ect..

Or cheats as they are more commonly known :rolleyes:

I am not using them because I heard that you cant complete the game fully if you have used them (not finished it yet so don't know how true this is)

Hopefully not because I've accidentally used one. Me and my mate always spawn choppers and fly on top of big buildings to have long sieges, which obviously requires the cheat. But we always make sure that the game isn't saved after we used a cheat, but one has been forgotten about and I've saved it onto my game.

well i know im gonna get shot down for this but i really do think GTA is overrated, how a game that lacks a decent multiplayer can get 10/10 is beyond me, but maybe thats just me preferring multiplayer games, i rarely ever complete games unless they are absolutely amazing, like call of duty 4 or black or some zelda games but i just think this game is a bit repetitive, im bored already n iv only done 15% :wacko: cue the wolves :rolleyes:

well i know im gonna get shot down for this but i really do think GTA is overrated, how a game that lacks a decent multiplayer can get 10/10 is beyond me, but maybe thats just me preferring multiplayer games, i rarely ever complete games unless they are absolutely amazing, like call of duty 4 or black or some zelda games but i just think this game is a bit repetitive, im bored already n iv only done 15% :wacko: cue the wolves :rolleyes:

Each to their own I suppose however, at only 15% I urge you to carry on. There are different missions that are quite varied later on (not that I will go into detail and spoil anything of course but the bank job and the jacob helicopter ones are just a couple that shows the thought thats gone in).

I disagree that you seem to think in order for a game to score 10 out of 10 it has to have a decent multiplayer. Have you played Drakes Fortune? While I wouldn't score it a 10 out of 10 I would say that it is a great game even without multiplayer.

For me when you actually sit back and look at what is actually being achieved in GTA its just mesmerizing. Of course an on the rails game such as Call of Duty 4 is going to have better graphics but for me the world in which you wander in GTA is what makes this Game of the Year (And yes, I appreciate that we still have other games to come out such as Metal Gear and Gears 2)

I think GTA is better than COD4.

I loved COD4 but I haven't been able to put this down. I don't play the multiplayer game much, but this is the best game I have ever played. Most definitely Next-Gen.

Roll on the next installment

For me when you actually sit back and look at what is actually being achieved in GTA its just mesmerizing. Of course an on the rails game such as Call of Duty 4 is going to have better graphics but for me the world in which you wander in GTA is what makes this Game of the Year (And yes, I appreciate that we still have other games to come out such as Metal Gear and Gears 2)

I totally agree - although I'd dispute that CoD 4 or any other game has better graphics. Flying over the city, seeing it spread out for miles in every direction, lights reflecting in the water... that's what it's all about. Chucking a pedestrian down some stairs and watching him bounce off every step...

I went inside the statue of liberty yesterday. Won't spoil the surprise if you haven't already seen it, but it's worth a look. You have to jump out of a helicopter onto the walkway around the edge and look for the door that says 'no hidden content through here'.

Little Jacob will provide you with cheaper armour.

Do you have to be really good friends or something? Because i havent been able to get any of the benefits yet apart from Kiki!!

Oh and one of the missions is so heartbreaking for Niko, you can almost see it coming, but you are wishing it doesnt happen.

Do you have to be really good friends or something? Because i havent been able to get any of the benefits yet apart from Kiki!!

Most of the characters have a percentage that you have to reach with them (after taking them out on various activities)

The ones that I know of (and I doubt this will be spoiling anything by telling anyone)

Chopper Ride (He will pick you up in his helicopter) Gain 70% Friendship with Brucie

Extra Help (A car of gang members will be sent to help you out) Gain 60% friendship with Dwayne

Boom? (Call Packie for him to make you a car bomb) Gain 75% friendship with Packie

Discount Guns (Buy weapons at a cheaper price from Lil Jacob) Gain 60% friendship with Little Jacob

Free Ride (Call for a taxi) Gain 60% friendship with Roman

Remove Up to 3 Wanted Stars (Call Kiki and select "Remove Wanted") Get 80% Relationship Status with Kiki

Health Boost (Call Carmen and select "Health Boost") Get 80% Relationship Status with Carmen

50% off for all Clothing Stores Get 80% Relationship Status with Alex

Thats a good insight there Cocker.

Anyone really hate that old man Pegorino?? I really hate him...cant wait to play this game again....to go down the other route

I think most of the characters are quite loathsome, except maybe for Jacob, Mallorie and Kate. It's the way Niko deals with them all that makes the storyline though, his cynicism is brilliant. I'm playing through again after a bit of a break, I was far too nice and forgiving, next time through I will go dark side on everyone!

Well i am doing a bit of both being nice and then really evil!! I think Brucie is hilarious! One lad i know cant stand him or doing any of his missions!

Still stuck on that fecking pegorino mission!

Doh!!

Just breezed through those levels I was stuck on. Hardley even lost any health on either of em. Must have had about 10 shots at both the other night and switched on tonight and it couldnt have felt easier. Sometimes maybe a break is a good thing.

Definitely helps to take a break when you're stuck. I don't attempt the same mission more than two to three times before moving on or putting it away for a bit. If that doesn't help I go on gta4.net or IGN for a hint or two. Haven't cheated though as I want to complete the story in honourable fashion ;)

At 55% now so I don't think there are a lot story missions left.

Hmmm. Even closer to the grand finale now. Not sure how many missions are left of the story, but I've probably got a few for Bernie - this fag gives some pretty hard missions. But who's this Kiki everyone's talking about? I've not met her yet.

I think I've done about 90-100 missions. Forgot to check. But surely I should have met her by now?

lol, the strip club bit is doing my head in now. Only tried it twice but you take out one manager and suddenly even the strippers appear to have pulled out guns from somewhere!!!

Oh well, try again tonight.

Also, don't think I'll ever be able to finish Brucies missions as I am just plain crap at car racing. Wish there was some way of skipping those!

Guest Kamy100

The strip club mission was also annoying me, but after some help from people on here I managed to do it pretty easily.

First get some armour from the gun shop and also base ball bat.

Then take out the manager in the cash office with the baseball bat, this way none of the other people in the club will be alterted.

Then make your way to the far door, crouch down (you are now in between the remaining 2 managers). I shot the guy near the dance stage from there. Turned around and shot the guy guarding the other manager in the private room and entered the room and killed the other manager (as soon as you kill him game auto saves thus finishing the mission). I managed to walk out of the club as all the guards had disappeared.

Yeah I used the baseball bat on the first manager too, however I beat the head of one of the guards in too :lol:. Then all hell broke lose and I dived behind the bar, a quick grenade took care of a lot of the rest and somehow I shoot another in the melie that followed (I didn't even know I had done it until I ran towards the back door. When I got there the final one was being driven away in the pick up and I shoot the driver through the windscreen, bringing it to a halt B). Then I pulles out the sawn off and finished him with two blasts, before racing across the city with a three star wanted level.

After the bank heist, this was the best I felt after completing a mission :)

Also, don't think I'll ever be able to finish Brucies missions as I am just plain crap at car racing. Wish there was some way of skipping those!

If you’re looking to win more races, forget about trying to powerslide around the corners – although you can gain time it’s likely you’ll plough into the wall a few times losing valuable seconds. Take the corners slowly and you’ll find you can make up any time you’ve lost quite easily on the straights. As long as you can avoid hitting other vehicles on the straight bits your home free.

Hope that helps.

lol, the strip club bit is doing my head in now. Only tried it twice but you take out one manager and suddenly even the strippers appear to have pulled out guns from somewhere!!!

Oh well, try again tonight.

The easiest thing to do is go to Mihael's house at the very tip of Broker (next to the fair ground) and take his sports car (they are also available from the car dealership just round the corner from your first safe house in Algonquin) from the drive. This car's the best in the game and basically wins you the race before you even reach the first marker.

I think there's only one actual racing mission that's part of the main story? (No.1) And it's pretty simple really. Just have to focus on not crashing and you will win. In other words you don't have to go flat out all the time.

Who is Alex? Where do you find her?

Two things:-

1. I haven't found here yet but I guess she will be on love meet (goto the computer at the internet cafe) like the other girls are.

2. Out of all of the special abilities you wanted cheaper clothes :rolleyes:

Archived