BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gta 4

Guest Kamy100

I think you can miss a lot of the detail if you concentrate 100% on the story.

This is a very wise statement. The thing about most of the GTA games is that you can loose yourself in its world without actually playing through the main game. By the time I have finished it I want to be happy that I will have had my total fill of it and ready to trade it for something else. Doubt I could finish it three times - dont think I have finished any game three times ever never mind in a week.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got the game when it came out and iv managed about 26 hours so far i think. Im about 30% done, i usually find that i just mess around alot, but thats the best bit - you find so much extra by doing that.

Last night I had 3 star police after me, jumped in the sea and stole a boat, next thing it was 6 star, i had 3 choppers, 4 boats and several cops on the shore edges firing at me. I managed to last for 7 minutes too!

Explain this more fully. It sounds like fun. :)

You can do it if you've got Dwayne as a best buddy. It means putting up with his miserable self-pity, but if you get him to like you then you'll be able to call him up and commandeer some homies for guns & killings.

Sort of related, you should go out with 'lawchick' off the dating site. She can call the DA and get the police to back off, which is really handy once Dwayne's guys start going crazy.

And to call the police, just dial 911.

Guest Kamy100

I have had it since launch and clocked around 25 hours and completed 30%, so I bow to you Nelsta that you managed to complete it three times.

My opinion is that it is the best game that I have ever played, why? Because even after 25 hours of play it still surprises me and I love the fact that the people within the city all behave differently, some of the conversations I have heard have had me rolling around laughing.

You can do it if you've got Dwayne as a best buddy. It means putting up with his miserable self-pity, but if you get him to like you then you'll be able to call him up and commandeer some homies for guns & killings.

Sort of related, you should go out with 'lawchick' off the dating site. She can call the DA and get the police to back off, which is really handy once Dwayne's guys start going crazy.

And to call the police, just dial 911.

Dwayne is a buddy now. Can you draft in these bangers for any mission or is any mission you do with these guys a mission in itself if you follow me (in the same way that you phone Little Jacob or Brucie for jobs)?

I'm not sure, I've just used them for police missions. I expect you can get them to follow you around any time you like, same as the gangs in San Andreas. Something to try out this evening, I think.

Grrrr, was getting very annoyed with myself last night. Still haven't completed the bank job nor the one where you have to rescue Roman (don't think I am spoiling anything there by saying that)

The bank job has been doing my head in not by my messing up but by the two blokes following. I have got into a car a couple of times now only to find out that they haven't followed me so I have to run back for them getting shot up all the way. I have driven all the way back to their house a couple of times too only to find I didn't loose my wanted level yet. By this stage the dam car is wrecked so I run to get another and those two idiots just stood there - I of course messed up a couple of times too but its starting to annoy me now. I remember once last night when it asked if I wanted to do the mission again I said yes and just looked at Packi and just shot him for not getting in the car when he should have - didn't make me feel better either.

The Romon one is worse. I can clear out the warehouse full of bad guys no worries but when I am meant to free aim at the end roman always gets shot and you have to start the whole thing again. I have tried this one about 10 times now.

May have to have a go on Fifa again tonight to calm myself down again.

If you click on the right stick the crosshair zooms in. It took me a couple of goes last night but I capped your man twice (I had to restart first time round because I killed myself somehow escaping the warehouse). Use the assault rifle. There's actually a better rifle in one of the rooms on the ground floor of the warehouse.

Guest Kamy100

The Roman one I did first time, I used the Sniper Gun which allowed me to zoom in and shoot him. I have not reached the Bank Job but heard it is a bit of an epic a few people have said they were having difficulty attracting attention of the other members of the gang, have you tried using the horn?

If you click on the right stick the crosshair zooms in. It took me a couple of goes last night but I capped your man twice (I had to restart first time round because I killed myself somehow escaping the warehouse). Use the assault rifle. There's actually a better rifle in one of the rooms on the ground floor of the warehouse.

Kamy100 Posted Today, 08:20

The Roman one I did first time, I used the Sniper Gun which allowed me to zoom in and shoot him.

I tried the zoom with the gun last night and he just shot him even though I thought I got him right on the bonce. Will give the sniper a go though.

Kamy100 Posted Today, 08:20

a few people have said they were having difficulty attracting attention of the other members of the gang, have you tried using the horn?

I have been getting to the shouting at them through the telly stage but will give the horn a go to see if that works any better.

But did nobody else find the city just a tad dull and very limiting?

Dont get me wrong, i did enjoy it...it's just missions, Story aside there isnt realy much to do.

A great sandbox world full of great detail but aside from getting arrested you seem to be an invisible man.

I'm beginning to feel that way now after about 40 hours (near the end now). I REALLY REALLY REALLY miss parachuting! They really shoud have left that in, all those tall buildings to base jump from. Bikes should have been kept as well. I guess there just wasn't the space or time to get all those extra things in. San Andreas had a lot of silly things you could do - like driving a trailer to the top of the mountain and jumping off etc.

Perhaps people can start suggesting things to do...

Or ideas they would have liked....

I think pole vaulting between the rooftops of Algonquin would have been a good side-game.

Or ice skating in the park (having seasons would have been good - like in Bully)

Or taking girlfriends for heli rides then being able to throw them out when they annoyed you :D

I manged to do most side missions, i.e. The random characters, most wanted, Vigilante.I killed over 100 flying rats but i just got bored.Why did they have the fair ground and golf driving range but yet not being allowed to have a go, I understand the fairground was shut as it was out of season..but if they can manage it on Bully?.

I think they should have had a Weazel news radio channel.The News reports are a good touch but they're only played once and are easily missed.

I tried the zoom with the gun last night and he just shot him even though I thought I got him right on the bonce. Will give the sniper a go though.

I have been getting to the shouting at them through the telly stage but will give the horn a go to see if that works any better.

Maybe I just got lucky, but I completed each on the second go Cocker!

I find it best to let the other two run and find cover in the Bank job one and once you get into a car (I got a jeep :closedeyes: ) just gun it and lose the wanted level.

In the Roman one, as you're using the classic controls use L1 to shot him :rover:

Anyway good luck :lol:

I think pole vaulting between the rooftops of Algonquin would have been a good side-game.

:o

I'm glad they didn't go down that route. San Andreas is its own thing, and revisiting all those crazy vehicles would spoil the darker atmosphere of IV. Maybe they could add that stuff in as DLC later, to keep it separate from the main game.

Actually, you should try Crackdown if you want to leap around the rooftops. It's great.

Doh!!

Just breezed through those levels I was stuck on. Hardley even lost any health on either of em. Must have had about 10 shots at both the other night and switched on tonight and it couldnt have felt easier. Sometimes maybe a break is a good thing.

Guest Kamy100

Right I need some help with the strip club mission where you have to kill the 3 managers.

I must have done it 10 times and I keep getting killed, I normally walk around the club and pin the location of all three managers, then I go and kill the first one in the cash office after that all hell breaks loose and either keep getting killed or take too long to kill all the guards and the police arrive before I can pop the remaining 2 managers. Any help would be appreciated.

Right I need some help with the strip club mission where you have to kill the 3 managers.

I must have done it 10 times and I keep getting killed, I normally walk around the club and pin the location of all three managers, then I go and kill the first one in the cash office after that all hell breaks loose and either keep getting killed or take too long to kill all the guards and the police arrive before I can pop the remaining 2 managers. Any help would be appreciated.

I did this one a couple of times too.

As with most tough missions go and get yourself some body armor first because you will need it.

When you goto the club pin all the managers like you have been doing BUT leave the guy in the cash office till last. Once everyone is pinned stand in the middle of the room and pop the two at the back. As soon as they are down ignore everyone else shooting at you because your armor should soak that up and leg it back out the front door where the guy in the cash office will be getting in his car. What I did was to start shooting his car and then he got out and I nailed him. After he is down it just saves and your sorted. Until I realised that I had to leave him till last I was chasing the last guy round the streets for ages.

The strange thing I find with most missions is that as soon as you have completed your objective the police just dont come after you - maybe thats the function of autosave.

Did it in one go.

You simply kill all those who challenge you on the upper level. Take cover behind the rail overlooking the main floor of the club and shoot all those firing at you. Rush out the back and more enemies will be making their get away in a jeep. Hop in the nearest car and pursue them.

This may not be the best tactic however since I went into the small office unarmed, collected the shotgun in there which instantly armed me and the guy sitting at the desk kicked off immediately.

Guest Kamy100

Thanks for that guys I will give it a go.

Where do I buy body armour from? I think this is where I have been going wrong as I have done 30% of the missions and only ever used the body armour once and that was because I was prompted to do so in an early mission.

Thanks for that guys I will give it a go.

Where do I buy body armour from? I think this is where I have been going wrong as I have done 30% of the missions and only ever used the body armour once and that was because I was prompted to do so in an early mission.

As far as I know, once you have used a weapon/armor you can use it all the time. Given the mission where you are now you will have already used it so it will be available from the gun shop or little jacob (assuming he is your friend) Just jump in a taxi and get him to take you to shop - thats what I do before most missions. There is nothing worse than getting near the end of a mission and finding out you are one hand granede short to blow something up

The way I did that strip club mission was to stealth kill the guy in the office with a baseball bat, then step back into the main room. Walk around to locate the other two managers, go back to near the main doors, and shoot the manager in the main room. The other one will run up from the steps to the lap dance room, and you can kill him and get out very easily.

Body armour is in the gun shops.

The way I did that strip club mission was to stealth kill the guy in the office with a baseball bat, then step back into the main room. Walk around to locate the other two managers, go back to near the main doors, and shoot the manager in the main room. The other one will run up from the steps to the lap dance room, and you can kill him and get out very easily.

Body armour is in the gun shops.

Little Jacob will provide you with cheaper armour.

Archived