BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gta 4

Guest Kamy100

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can someone explain in detail what problems you are having saving the game? I have mine on auto-save and when you complete a mission - it saves in about 2 seconds? :unsure:

Its more of a 'I cant switch this off' issue rather than there being a problem saving. I do have autosave on but it feels more proper to drive home when finished!! I actually got to the safehouse and Jeff rang me(Hes a submission you find on the street) and I had to go play this mission.

Ive just found who Niko is looking for and done all their missions and I must say Ive never P*ssed my sides so much whilst playing a game, completely not what I expected although the great news is theres still more in the game:) You will understand when you play it!!!

don't mean to sound like a pervert- but i was having a lap dance the other day and just kept paying for more and more dances. eventually another bird comes in and they do a bit of a lesbian show. rolleyes.gif

anyhow, then rather stupidly thought i would get on stage with the pole dancers- the bouncers didn't like it and i ended up having to knife a couple of them just to get out of there rover.gif

Its OK lol, I picked up a hooker and found you could choose from 3 different services for different prices, I did one service then went back for more hookers to do the other services.

Has anyone met any of the other GFs in the game yet? Im at 100% with Kate but still no action yet I got it off the annoying Kiki. Didnt get anywhere with Carmen because I went through a windscreen on the way to pick her up :rolleyes:

don't mean to sound like a pervert- but i was having a lap dance the other day and just kept paying for more and more dances. eventually another bird comes in and they do a bit of a lesbian show. :rolleyes:

anyhow, then rather stupidly thought i would get on stage with the pole dancers- the bouncers didn't like it and i ended up having to knife a couple of them just to get out of there :rover:

awesome game.

dirty boy

Well I finished it!!!

Quality Quality game and will start again and make decisions the other way from what I made them to start with and toi try and complete in under 30 hours.

The final mission is right out of a Bond movie and the ending I got is a sad one really.

Truely Fantastic game, Heres hopin for a vice city version or one set in the UK because I think only Rockstar could pull that one off to a level of detail we'd all want!!!

After playing it through, there are flaws to the game little graphical gliches etc, but I have to say it.

BEST GAME I HAVE EVER PLAYED

It's the first game in 3 years that has eaten into my Warcraft playing time. Completely hooked ... and I've only just opened the second safehouse.

Best ...... Game ...... Ever (with the exception of Warcraft ;) )

Unusually quiet n this forum. Is everyone playing GTA4 perchance?!

I have spotted you on it a couple of times lately and was wondering when you were going to post your comments on it :rolleyes:

Everyone on my friends list is always playing - any company that releases a game at the moment must be crying because they wont get a look in

I love the game, but I haven't actually played it all that much. Still only 22ish% into it and I regularly play other games, it probably only gets about 1/4 of my rather limited video game playing time.

I have spotted you on it a couple of times lately and was wondering when you were going to post your comments on it :rolleyes:

I have done one of the online missions - protecting some guy who gets off a plane. Not bad. Enjoying the plot of the main game so far. I think the driving is much better, but not totally sold on the new targetting method. How do I go into manual mode when it keeps automatically targetting any random person stood close by?

I love the detail, but I can't help thinking about Vice City (in my opinion the best so far) and how much better than GTA3 it was. I hope the next one is just as big a leap forward for the series. They have removed several features from San Andreas, which leads me to suspect they are to be reintroduced soon. Something I would like to see for the online feature is the a series of co-operative missions relevant to the main game.

Has anyone seen the zero punctuation review of it?

I have done one of the online missions - protecting some guy who gets off a plane. Not bad. Enjoying the plot of the main game so far. I think the driving is much better, but not totally sold on the new targetting method. How do I go into manual mode when it keeps automatically targetting any random person stood close by?

I love the detail, but I can't help thinking about Vice City (in my opinion the best so far) and how much better than GTA3 it was. I hope the next one is just as big a leap forward for the series. They have removed several features from San Andreas, which leads me to suspect they are to be reintroduced soon. Something I would like to see for the online feature is the a series of co-operative missions relevant to the main game.

Has anyone seen the zero punctuation review of it?

I cant speak for the new controls because I use classic but you can manually choose who to shoot by pressing L1 and not R1 (yes I am that guy that uses fifa controls for PES)

I have watched the zero production review and didnt think it was his best - I tend to think that if he likes the game he rantings arnt as funny but being him he has a duty to slate it :)

Not spoiling the story but has anyone done Paddie/Packi (cant remember his name) bank robbery? It puts the goings on in Kane and Lynch to shame. Also, arnt that family meant to be Irish but but none of them have an Irish accent?

Not spoiling the story but has anyone done Paddie/Packi (cant remember his name) bank robbery? It puts the goings on in Kane and Lynch to shame. Also, arnt that family meant to be Irish but but none of them have an Irish accent?

Aren't they just Irish Americans? Afterall, 60% of the people you meet in America claim to be Irish, the other 70% claim to be Italian.

Aren't they just Irish Americans? Afterall, 60% of the people you meet in America claim to be Irish, the other 70% claim to be Italian.

Yeah but they keep saying Lad or Laaady which made me wonder if they were just trying to be Irish?

Never mind just a personal irritation

ah girlfriend how I hate you, and more specifically your prom. and getting a tux. and a limo. and someone shoot me. putting gta back on the backburner.

Edit: I am an idiot and don't know the difference between a possessive and contraction.

Dump the girlfriend for a week. Buy GTA. Play it while she is at the prom with someone else. Get her back after the prom when you get sick of dating your GTA girlfriend.

I would never follow this advise myself of course :P

Got this game last week, got rid of it yesterday.Completed it 3 times.Best mission was three leaf clover(Bank Robbery).

All in all i thought the mission's, Story was very good.

But did nobody else find the city just a tad dull and very limiting?

For instance the radio and tv go on about star junction and its many clubs, Bars, Resturants, Cinema's ect..ect.. But you cant interact with any of them..How good would it have been to go in an exclusive club shoot a celeb an get a 6 star wanted level.

All in all GTA 4 opens you up to a welth of ideas but leaves you thinking "wouldnt it be good if".

And the radio shows are good for the first couple of times you hear them but i think more ingame related chat on the talk shows would have been better.

Dont get me wrong, i did enjoy it...it's just missions, Story aside there isnt realy much to do.

A great sandbox world full of great detail but aside from getting arrested you seem to be an invisible man.

Ok bring on the flames.

Got this game last week, got rid of it yesterday.Completed it 3 times.

Really :blink: Did you do anything else but play the game? To get it last week and complete it once is one thing but THREE TIMES.

I bow to you sir

A great sandbox world full of great detail but aside from getting arrested you seem to be an invisible man.

I have also thought this at times when playing it, but in comparsion to the other games it doesn't really follow the same story of getting to the top ( so far :lol: ) and that you are supposed to be invisible!

Really :blink: Did you do anything else but play the game? To get it last week and complete it once is one thing but THREE TIMES.

I bow to you sir

I admit it..i have no life...the kids at school and the not much elses to do...who needs sunshine?

You finished it three times in a week??? You must have liked it a lot more than you're letting on.

I got it when it came out and I'm about 40% done - that's taken me more than 45 hours so far, not counting restarts. The richness of the city is the best part for me - I like calling up a bunch of gangsters, piling into a police car and laying down the law. Starting a fight, then phoning the police, stuff like that. Haven't bothered so much with the missions. I think you can miss a lot of the detail if you concentrate 100% on the story.

Archived