BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] West Ham (a)

... but it's easy enough to walk into teh wrong boozer.

I don't believe you always have to go looking for it ...

Rob Coar, and othe BRFC Hirachy were in the pub not an hour before... .

West Ham was the scene of my worst experience at an away game. Bacon saved by police being on guard at the exit form the pub. Basically i was prevented from leaving the pub till it emptied clsoe to kick off, then the local meatheads went for me. They had not banked on there being police stood at the front door. The boozer was the first on on the right as you leave the station.

I was given a personal police guard to the ground. They said I was very nieve to go into the local pubs on match day.

( night match when ian pearce scored ) ( for us )

To be fair, that was 15 years ago now. As some others have previously said, if you want trouble and go looking for it, then it will come to you quick style. However, having been there 3 or 4 times now, never had a problem or even a comment uttered my way on every occasion ive been there. Queue afterwards is a bitova mad scene, but if this yrs game is anything like the usual fare, you might as well leave 10 mins before the end of the game cos we're dead and buried!

I am proper looking forward to going to the West Ham game this year, I have never been to Upton Park and it will be only my second away fan trip to London. What tube stop do you get out on for the ground?

I am proper looking forward to going to the West Ham game this year, I have never been to Upton Park and it will be only my second away fan trip to London. What tube stop do you get out on for the ground?

Upton Park.

As someone has said, like anywhere, if you want trouble you will find it very easily. Otherwise you will be absolutely fine. Only thing I would say is do not go to The Queens or Boleyn Pub- not worth the risk. The area is indeed a dump of the highest order but then again that could be said for the vast majority of grounds. If you've ever heard us get called 'West Ham Taleban' you'll know why once you visit.

There is likely to be a massive emphasis on Ince returning. He will get a hell of a lot of grief. It is guaranteed to be way OTT.

If you do come down have a good one. Any questions let me know and I'll do my best.

Last time I went to West Ham I drove down from Coventry (think it was a mid week game in the cup - Ian Pearce was still playing for them)

Anyway I parked my car in some side street and went to watch the game. After the match I set off back to the car - could I find it!!! Nope - i must have wandered around for about 45 minutes looking for it. I did find it eventually! But it taught me an important lesson - pay much more attention to where you have parked!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Does anybody know when the tickets will be up for sale for this one? I have already booked my train tickets and cannot wait for the game. Will be my first rovers game since Man City on the last day of the season when tugay made that awesome challenge on Sommiel and Kuqi finished the game looking like he had just served time in the albanian army!!!!!!!!!!! oh and dat damned young steward at the front row of the main stand that ruins everyones fun. even stopped kids from getting autographs, what a BELL!!!!!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Add to that the fact that in previous seasons when the going was getting tough for the 'ammers Rovers just so happened to be around the corner to provide them with their get out of jail card (also sheer dumb luck and poor officiating seem to come to the rescue ala Tevez clearence off the line etc). Anyway im making my first trip down down to Upton Park this Saturday so hopefully the tide will turn and we can do as we did at Everton and show them up both on and off the park! :rover:

Been loads of times. Never seen any trouble - but have never seen us win either. Maybe that's why I keep going. Our duck has to be broken some time!

The place is a dive, but it's the East End of London so what do you expect?

Takes forever to queue for the tube on the way back, but have found the locals to be friendly enough (just my experience).

Way too expensive considering it's the backside of London.

Duke of Edinburgh is usually good value for a few pre-match beers. It's the other way out of the station.

Been in there a couple of times, no problems whatsoever.

Just turn left out of station and you will see it on opposite side of road.

Archived