BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] West Ham (a)

Hey,

Being pretty new to London I was thinking of taking in all the based games around the capital this coming season.

Rovers play West Ham away at the end of August, and, having heard nothing but bad things about away fans treatment at Upton Park, I just wanted to get opinions on the ol' East End as a possible trip.

Cheers

Hey,

Being pretty new to London I was thinking of taking in all the based games around the capital this coming season.

Rovers play West Ham away at the end of August, and, having heard nothing but bad things about away fans treatment at Upton Park, I just wanted to get opinions on the ol' East End as a possible trip.

Cheers

I've never had a problem there, but it could be different this year as there will be huge outpouring of hatred for Paul Ince.

Oh yes, in fact one of the only thing's i'm worried about at the moment is guys with unconvincing cockney accents.....

and Frodo.....

Apart from that, I really just wanted to get an idea of how easy it was to hop on the tube after the match and skidaddle out of there!

Apart from that, I really just wanted to get an idea of how easy it was to hop on the tube after the match and skidaddle out of there!

Surprisingly quickly - they are pretty well organised at Upton Park tube. The away fans end is at the right end for the tube as well.

if you thought Burnley was a sh$$hole then the area around wham fc is three times as bad, the food is crap and the pubs are simply full of noneck cockney wideboys who think it good to sup Bombadier watered bitter and vinegar style lager.

When i was there 2 seasons ago i stoped by west ham to visit the grounds and the store and the 2 times i went there (first time was closed due to a bank hoilday) I seen a big old fat lady screaming over her mobile to some one to come and pick her up and the very next day, there were a guy and his "girlfriend" (was a guy dressed as chick!) fist fighting the then the guy got hit with "her" purse. Needless to say if you dont get beat up by the home fans, your sure to get it by the locals...

I always knew there was a reason why Lucas Neil was in a hurry to leave... :huh:

Being a rovers fan based in the wilderness of Norfolk I don't manage to get to too many rovers games but I do try and I am hoping to go to the London Games when possible. West Ham is definately one of them and I look forward to cheering on Inces Barmy Army. In fact the last time I went to see rovers in London was the awesome come back that cold night at Charlton with Kuqi, Bentley and Thompson with the goals, Thompson, now he could score them, shame about his fitness problems there tho!!!!

Been many times, drank around the ground and never had even a hint of trouble.

Its a very strange feeling at West Ham.Drinking in pubs surrounded by men in claret and blue shirts.

If you are looking for it you will get it,big style at West Ham.

The last time I went was with my girlfriend and we were looking for it,tickets that was.

We landed 2 free tickets from 2 West Ham fans in the pub before the game.

As decent a set of fans as you would like.

I will be trying to get to the games in London this season as well. With away games, tickets are purchased from that particular club?

No, you have to buy them through Rovers.

West Ham was the scene of my worst experience at an away game. Bacon saved by police being on guard at the exit form the pub. Basically i was prevented from leaving the pub till it emptied clsoe to kick off, then the local meatheads went for me. They had not banked on there being police stood at the front door. The boozer was the first on on the right as you leave the station.

I was given a personal police guard to the ground. They said I was very nieve to go into the local pubs on match day.

( night match when ian pearce scored ) ( for us )

West Ham was the scene of my worst experience at an away game. Bacon saved by police being on guard at the exit form the pub. Basically i was prevented from leaving the pub till it emptied clsoe to kick off, then the local meatheads went for me. They had not banked on there being police stood at the front door. The boozer was the first on on the right as you leave the station.

I was given a personal police guard to the ground. They said I was very nieve to go into the local pubs on match day.

( night match when ian pearce scored ) ( for us )

Agreed, it's a tad rough around the Boleyn ground. I met a couple of ammers fans that i met on holiday and they invited me to their local before a rovers game a few years back. Turned out to be like a scene from the football factory so i made my excuses and legged it. Never heard from them again!

The first on the right as you leave the station is the Queens - my Dad used to run it (a long time ago).

It does get packed on a football day, so I can believe it was difficult to get out of the pub. It always was a bit rough ... I'll say no more. Although I hear the Boleyn is even worse. I'm OK as long as I don't wear colours, I talk like a West Ham fan!

Best bet I would say is for a quiet drink at the Spotted Dog in Barking. (Not the barking Dog - Wetherspoons pub, that's a bit dodgy.) It's only a few stops on teh District from Upton Park.

Archived