BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nickos Thread

Nicko,

Just wondering, with the close of the transfer window fast approaching - are you looking forward to some more relaxed reporting, concentrating on the action on the pitch, or do you crave the frenzind transfer windows (dismissing/confirming rumours, feeding us nuggets of info? etc.)

I do enjoy the rumours, but I'm counting down the hours till 3pm tomorrow and the real action beginning. Will be kicking every ball against the Toffees!! Can't wait.

First...I am looking forward to a day off on September 1.

Second...I should be looking forward to the start of a season, kicking off with your game, but I know that most of the interest will be about who is NOT playing in the Everton team because of no signings being made and who Rovers are STILL short of.

I don't think I have ever known a season when so many clubs are still at the 'work in progress' stage.

So much money, so many amateurs around.

Frightening.

Like I say, I need a day off.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any more news on the mystery midfielder you mentioned at the beginning of the week, the one with a good CV but was a bit of a surprise? Got a hint at who it might be? NOT LIKELY TO HAPPEN NOW...DON'T PRESS ME ON THIS ONE.

How about the trialists, is Barysse (Sp?) still there? THE FRENCH KID IS DUE TO SIGN, BUT HE IS ONLY A RESERVE.

Also nicko do you know the official deadline players have to be signed by to feature in tomorrows game? Some people have suggested it was 12pm while others have suggested 5pm? I THINK IT IS 5PM, BUT YOU CAN BET THEY WILL STRETCH THE RULES.

I guess its incidental as I doubt we'll be signing anyone before 5pm anyway. I'M AFRAID IT PROBABLY IS...BUT THERE IS TIME YET...WHY IS ROBBIE FOWLER IN A TEAM PIC AND NOT SIGNED YET...I CAN'T WORK THAT ONE OUT AT ALL.

Why have transfers been so difficult? Like Newcastle are a huge club, but they have to sell to buy according to reports. Man City (Lets not go there). Pompey even though they signed Kaboul and Crouch, there signing Jerome Thomas, Glenn Little. Villa/Spurs have signed a few players, so they have probably been the most active.

Fair enough for the midfielder.

Barysse, Even if it's only for the reserve its always nice to be signing young players, hopefully he's got some decent potential.

I guess with Fowler he has been on trial for so long he felt like part of the team and they were pretty sure he was going to sign which has now been confirmed by rovers.co.uk

It certainly is strange though that he was included without being a contracted member of the playing squad. It'll be interesting to see just what his contract will include.

Why have transfers been so difficult? Like Newcastle are a huge club, but they have to sell to buy according to reports. Man City (Lets not go there). Pompey even though they signed Kaboul and Crouch, there signing Jerome Thomas, Glenn Little. Villa/Spurs have signed a few players, so they have probably been the most active.

People in high places trying to pull stunts and enjoying brinkmanship to earn their big pay-days, agents saying they can deliver when they can't, players with big egos and too-big salaries, clubs owned by dodge pots, club officials who would be better suited to running a raffle...I could go on.

People in high places trying to pull stunts and enjoying brinkmanship to earn their big pay-days, agents saying they can deliver when they can't, players with big egos and too-big salaries, clubs owned by dodge pots, club officials who would be better suited to running a raffle...I could go on.

Which club? :lol::P

So basically a bunch of muppets in the game. Okay you give me your honest opinion on these deals Nicko. Whether they will happen. Like a rating 1-5, 5 is happening 1 is a no go. Just a bit of fun.

Andrews - Blackburn

Milner- Villa

Barry- Liverpool

Berbatov- Man Utd

Robinho - Chelsea

Santa Cruz - Spurs

McCarthy - Sunderland.

So basically a bunch of muppets in the game. Okay you give me your honest opinion on these deals Nicko. Whether they will happen. Like a rating 1-5, 5 is happening 1 is a no go. Just a bit of fun.

Andrews - Blackburn 5 if MK Dons see sense...currently 3

Milner- Villa 1 now because of Geordie politics

Barry- Liverpool 2 unless Liverpool sell Alonso in which case it is a 5

Berbatov- Man Utd 5 over the weekend

Robinho - Chelsea 5 if the money goes silly

Santa Cruz - Spurs 1 because I don't think he is first choice and they don't have 20 million

McCarthy - Sunderland. 3...or 9 million and it's 'taxi'

Pedro Mendes must surely be on Ince's radar?

Class player for £3m

Please be careful.

I have mentioned him before and by doing the same you might atract some hostility towards you. :rolleyes:

And what about Andrews? Would make our midfield be a class act? :P:

Please be careful.

I have mentioned him before and by doing the same you might atract some hostility towards you. :rolleyes:

And what about Andrews? Would make our midfield be a class act? :P:

haha, he has joined Rangers now, so missed that one didnt we.

Andrews is better than Mokoena, so if we replaced the axe - we would have a stronger midfield.

So whats the Geordie politics? If you don't mind me asking, is this the Wise/KK/MA relationship. Can't believe the Robinho one, would have thought that was lower.

One person was quoting £9 million...another does not want to sell...that's what happens.

Newcastle are not the only club with people working in different directions. In fact it happens at quite a few places.

One person was quoting £9 million...another does not want to sell...that's what happens.

Newcastle are not the only club with people working in different directions. In fact it happens at quite a few places.

Think we can work that out, MA/Wisey quoted 9 Million and KK put his foot in. There all pansies in the transfer market, that happens with Rovers though Ince says one thing and JW says another. Nicko apart from Man City, which Football Clubs are struggling in terms of finance, i know theres huge money in the Premiership, but there must be some clubs struggling in our league.

Nicko as a person who probably has a better insight into the ins and outs at the club at the moment.

A) How many players do you think we need for the coming season (including the reserve players such as the French kid)?

B) How many players do you think we will end up with?

Finally, do you think we will get our wish of a RM, or do you think Ince will go for Emerton only...?

Sorry, i know its a bit of a crystal ball question, but short of asking Ince himself, your probably the next highest person who would have an idea! (including Mathias) :lol:

Archived