BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nickos Thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Grella isnt the most technically adept of players. He is a breaker up of play. There are far better options than him.

Bresciano was highly rated a couple of years ago but has gone off the boil a bit in Italy, as far as I know.

Both are decent to good, but I dont believe too exciting...

Um, that was my point. More in reference to the comment about signing "South Hemisphere" players.

Anyhoo - anybody care to give us the low down on Grella?

Your point was very strange then. Anyone outside of Europe would count as an 'Empire' player in your book.

Brescaino was in very poor form for Palermo. I remember him saying 'that it was the worst season of his career'..

Grella was playing in a team that was fighting relegation week in, week out. Torino were probably one of the worst teams in Serie A this season.

EDIT; Marco might be worth a shout, but not Vince. Although having said that, Vince would be a much better 'holding midfielder' than Mokoena.

This is what I put on the board about two weeks ago..

Grella is a defensive midfielder, a very promising one.

Grella and his Australian teammate Mark Bresciano were excused from the 2005 Confederations Cup by the then Australian manager Frank Farina to allow them to take part in a relegation playoff between Parma and Bologna. Grella has described Bresciano as "even more than a brother" [2] ; they played together at the AIS, Carlton and Empoli, and were reunited in 2004 when he joined Parma, before Bresciano moved on to Palermo in 2006. He was named as captain of Parma for the 2006–07 season.

Interesting.

Why if I may ask?

He sounds more fit for Burnley then :blink:

Bresciano is a signing I would be happy to see. He definitely adds to the squad and is a viable option for a regular first team place. Grella would just be making up the numbers. He would/will be a back-up considering the quality vying for midfield positions. Mokoena loses the most with this sort of signing, though, as far as his chances in midfield are concerned. I would take Emerton in central midfield over Grella without much thought.

They needed to sign for us before 12 noon on the eve of the game.

So unless they have secretly signed before 19 minutes ago, they can't play.

I thought it was 5pm?

Gotta say if Sunderland are really prepared to pay that kind of money for Benni, then we have to take it. Although i'm not convinced on Uche (4 goals last year) but he is quick. I think I'd prefer Cisse over him.

I am shocked (well not, very disappointed) by the sheer chuffing inanity of that Mathias interview.

IF he is quoted reasonably correctly, he should never be allowed near a microphone on behalf of Rovers ever again.

Terrifying to think Ince left the media to Mathias to deal with at MK Dons.

The Premier League media will have fallen about laughing at the complete and utter naivety of that interview.

According to Norwegian Media;

"one of the clauses in the Annan bid from Racing Santander was that he did not feature in yesterdays UEFA-cup match. Now that he played yesterday Racing might withdraw their offer and Annan might end up in another club, even a Norwegian one."

What a saga...

Ok messed around with team Pic.

Blown it up a bit, you can make most out.

How do I post it from desktop. File Tiff

Upload to facebook or a site that stores photos.

The post the url of teh image, usrrounded by *img* and */img* - but replacing * with square brackets

Upload to facebook or a site that stores photos.

No need the team pic has been sorted a few pages back.

Just looking at Squad photo I think I've got everyone on there but no Villanueva. I think it goes (excluding staff in white T-shirts)

Back row (L to R) Judge, Kane, Gallagher, Nolan, Brown, Robinson, Fielding, Zurab, McCarthy, Treacy, Olsson

Middle Row: Fowler, Pedersen, Roberts, Mokoena, Derbyshire, Samba, Roque Santa Cruz, Ooijer, Emerton Reid, Tugay

Bottom Row: Simpson, Vogel, Nelsen, Dunn, Warnock, Julio Santa Cruz I think!!

Also I would think the photo is copyrighted to rovers.co.uk so it would have to be removed if posted up here.

According to Norwegian Media;

"one of the clauses in the Annan bid from Racing Santander was that he did not feature in yesterdays UEFA-cup match. Now that he played yesterday Racing might withdraw their offer and Annan might end up in another club, even a Norwegian one."

What a saga...

You certainly got that right. Mind you, Arsenal are now looking to sign a player or two next week and he is still on their list...don't know what Rovers made of last night. And I wouldn't discount Racing Santander either.

Messy.

Archived