BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nickos Thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nicko - Any news on this Grella rumour on sky?

Also anything new on Benni?

The Grella story is going round and round in circles. It may be right. But if it is £4 million for him then that sounds a bit too much.

As for Benni...Sunderland have lots of money...but why leave it until today?

Football drives you mad at times.

You certainly got that right. Mind you, Arsenal are now looking to sign a player or two next week and he is still on their list...don't know what Rovers made of last night. And I wouldn't discount Racing Santander either.

Messy.

I agree it's messy and I think it is because no one can agree about his valuation. As we have mentioned earlier Start is in financial problems and have been trying to sell him since January 2008. They also thought that his performance in ACN had boosted his price.

He is a good and stable player, but slightly overrated and doesn't deserve the comparison to Essien, yet.

Going back to the debate about the team photo, I dont think carlos is on it. If you look at the player profiles he doesnt have one, but everone else seems to, and I assume that the pictures for the profiles were taken at the same time as the team photo.

No profile for robbie....yet

Gotta say if Sunderland are really prepared to pay that kind of money for Benni, then we have to take it.

ive long been an advocate of keeping benni, but 9M is a huge amount of money. remember he's 31 too.

my main question/ worry would be who ince would chose to replace him with, but that's for another day.

As for Benni...Sunderland have lots of money...but why leave it until today?

Football drives you mad at times.

I have a mate (just the one) thats a big sunderland fan tells me that Kenwyne Jones maybe

out a little longer than expected.

That might explain the late bid??

Dont no if its true or not.......

So, to summarise....we should be signing Maniche, Seitardis and Tiago?

No, we should sign good players, whoever they are.

But since those are currently transfer listed, have proven quality and are in our reach, maybe they could be good options for Rovers.

I don't know where you got that from HertsRover? :blink: Sound's like an agent?

Yes, I am. I am the agent who got Benni McCarthy and Roque Santa Cruz in Blackburn :rolleyes::rover:

:P

Thinks Oklahoma pretty much summarize what kind of players and quality we should be looking at.

Maniche or/and Tiago would be awesome signings. Can`t really see it happening though. Andrews and Grella isn`t exactly same proven quality. Understatement of the year.

Nicko,

Just wondering, with the close of the transfer window fast approaching - are you looking forward to some more relaxed reporting, concentrating on the action on the pitch, or do you crave the frenzind transfer windows (dismissing/confirming rumours, feeding us nuggets of info? etc.)

I do enjoy the rumours, but I'm counting down the hours till 3pm tomorrow and the real action beginning. Will be kicking every ball against the Toffees!! Can't wait.

Staying at Newcastle...different noises out of the club...football, bloody hell.

Any more news on the mystery midfielder you mentioned at the beginning of the week, the one with a good CV but was a bit of a surprise? Got a hint at who it might be?

How about the trialists, is Barysse (Sp?) still there?

Also nicko do you know the official deadline players have to be signed by to feature in tomorrows game? Some people have suggested it was 12pm while others have suggested 5pm?

I guess its incidental as I doubt we'll be signing anyone before 5pm anyway.

Archived