BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nickos Thread

Who are we playing on the right this Saturday do you think?

EMO is out i think.

Reid is toss.

Derbyshire - 110% not his position, he looks lost.

Hope we grab someone before noon today.

We have a lot of options. Dunn on the right (Reid in the centre), Derbyshire out right, Cruz out right (with Roberts and McCarthy up front, or play a 4231 with Roberts up front), Pedersen our right (Judge or Villaneuva on the left).

We need a right winger but we do have a lot of stop gaps.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FOWLER - Will sign. That is presumably the long-term target. Allow me a Gloat Fest when that one goes through. Took some stick for breaking that one a few weeks ago...maijg it up blah blah...anti-manager blah-blah. Just happened to be a hell of a story.

ROQUE - Tottenham? Well, if they have £20 million. At least you could take that idea seriously. However I am not sure it will come round. They have taken about a month to replace Keane with Arshavin.

WARNOCK - Probably the good news...I hear Newcastle are now after another and much-cheaper left back. No names. That one is for Sunday - I hope.

MAN CITY SALE - Chelsea want Sturridge. I like him a lot. Could be a shrewd, shrewd deal.

MAN CITY ROQUE INDEPENDENT - Like I said yesterday, Joorabchian feeding his mate and he is swallowing. Milito is also a Zahavi/Joorabchian job. Sure, that's happening too...just like it did at Everton.

THE GETAFE STRIKER - Could be right. I hear a pacey striker would be an option if Benni was ever sold.

We have a lot of options. Dunn on the right (Reid in the centre), Derbyshire out right, Cruz out right (with Roberts and McCarthy up front, or play a 4231 with Roberts up front), Pedersen our right (Judge or Villaneuva on the left).

1. Dunn cannot cross and is too slow for sprinting up and down the wing.

2. Derbyshire cannot play there, simple as.

3. Why would you play your best player out of position in RSC.

4. Gamst - no thanks.

5. Simpson would be my favourite with Andre at right back.

Options yes, none of them any good though.

From where I'm sat, he'd have been better keeping his mouth shut.

Correct Den

Ray Matthias....... "When we arrived David Bentley had made his mind up to try and better himself. Occasionally players do have their mind focused on a higher scale of football, and sometimes you can't change that."

err great PR Ray... I don't think! :rolleyes:

Maybe Matthias would be better recognising that Spurs finished some way below BRFC last season and that Bentley only broke into the England scene through playing for BRFC and then beating the drum about that!

1. Dunn cannot cross and is too slow for sprinting up and down the wing.

2. Derbyshire cannot play there, simple as.

3. Why would you play your best player out of position in RSC.

4. Gamst - no thanks.

5. Simpson would be my favourite with Andre at right back.

For me Dunn can play well down the right, he produced some excellent crosses last season (notably the on eBentley scored with his head). He wouldn't be looking to get to the by-line but rather attacking the edge of the box. It's do-able, especially if Simpson can provide the overlap for width. We would be chronically short of pace everywhere though - Bentley as the Opta stats showed is deceptively fast.

Gamst can do the right wing thing but cuts inside a lot. That could work if Judge is willing to stay out wide.

Someone said Simpson has a bit of experience on the right wing, but seeign as I have never seen him play I am not really sure how good he is at all?

All in all its not great but it is servicable.

No doubt the media put a spin on Mathias words. He will of just said that Bentley wanted to better himself and felt it was tim eon, media will of spun it to say at a higher level etc. FFS dont believe everything you read eh!

Back Ince. I will until he actually does something wrong. So far he hasnt done anything wrong. Give him a chance and show your support for the club you apparently Support! I will be tomorrow! PAUL INCE'S BLUE N WHITE ARMY!!!

Correct Den

Ray Matthias....... "When we arrived David Bentley had made his mind up to try and better himself. Occasionally players do have their mind focused on a higher scale of football, and sometimes you can't change that."

Maybe Matthias would be better recognising that Spurs finished some way below BRFC last season and that Bentley only broke into the England scene through playing for BRFC and then beating the drum about that!

But not correct Theno - Matthias is only telling us something that most of us knew or suspected was happening.

What was that about putting a spin on things

As I said in April as soon as our European chance looked liked it was over - Bentley was already closing the door - as proven by his own admission he ahd been speaking with Spurs.

Correct Den

:blink:

I hadn't even fully digested that bit. Horrendous :angry:

Correct Den

Exactly what I was going to say!!

This interview would have been better if it never happened! We are looking very weak willed at the moment, allowing clubs increase thier profile off our back. we need someone to stand up & say enough is enough & stop the bullying!!

I REALLY hope come tommorrow evening we will be rejoicing in a win & new style of play but as the old football analogy goes a football team plays in the style of its managers character, by the looks of things we need to grow a set of balls!!

No doubt the media put a spin on Mathias words. He will of just said that Bentley wanted to better himself and felt it was tim eon, media will of spun it to say at a higher level etc. FFS dont believe everything you read eh!

Back Ince. I will until he actually does something wrong. So far he hasnt done anything wrong. Give him a chance and show your support for the club you apparently Support! I will be tomorrow! PAUL INCE'S BLUE N WHITE ARMY!!!

Well said..... but I wish you had a different user name...no offence :rover:

Get a grip - Look at the facts and stop trying to rip holes into everything associated with Blackburn Rovers.

Weak willed??? Did our statement on Roque or Inces statement on NO more sales sound weak?? Did it fook!

Ray Matthias isnt our PR man - he just gave an interview, that has had a media spin put on it. WE all knew Bentley was going - who cares!

ROVERS PR - Made an official statement - ROQUE is staying, he also said it live on SSN.

WARNOCK - Came out and said he hadnt handed in a transfer request - Only a month or so ago he said he would be happy to stay.

What more can the club do for you people!?!?

Get a grip - Look at the facts and stop trying to rip holes into everything associated with Blackburn Rovers.

Weak willed??? Did our statement on Roque or Inces statement on NO more sales sound weak?? Did it fook!

Ray Matthias isnt our PR man - he just gave an interview, that has had a media spin put on it. WE all knew Bentley was going - who cares!

ROVERS PR - Made an official statement - ROQUE is staying, he also said it live on SSN.

WARNOCK - Came out and said he hadnt handed in a transfer request - Only a month or so ago he said he would be happy to stay.

What more can the club do for you people!?!?

Agree! In Ince we trust! Come on and support our team on saturday!

Archived