BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nickos Thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just looking at Squad photo I think I've got everyone on there but no Villanueva. I think it goes (excluding staff in white T-shirts)

Back row (L to R) Judge, Kane, Gallagher, Nolan, Brown, Robinson, Fielding, Zurab, McCarthy, Treacy, Olsson

Middle Row: Fowler, Pedersen, Roberts, Mokoena, Derbyshire, Samba, Roque Santa Cruz, Ooijer, Emerton Reid, Tugay

Bottom Row: Simpson, Vogel, Nelsen, Dunn, Warnock, Julio Santa Cruz I think!!

Just looking at Squad photo I think I've got everyone on there but no Villanueva. I think it goes (excluding staff in white T-shirts)

Back row (L to R) Judge, Kane, Gallagher, Nolan, Brown, Robinson, Fielding, Zurab, McCarthy, Treacy, Olsson

Middle Row: Fowler, Pedersen, Roberts, Mokoena, Derbyshire, Samba, Roque Santa Cruz, Ooijer, Emerton Reid, Tugay

Bottom Row: Simpson, Vogel, Nelsen, Dunn, Warnock, Julio Santa Cruz I think!!

That doesn't look like Ooijer to me but I can't spot him anywhere else so I guess it must be.

That doesn't look like Ooijer to me but I can't spot him anywhere else so I guess it must be.

It is Ooijer, his hair is slightly different to last season.

sergio peter not in the picture??

I can't spot him on it. Mind you after that awful attempt at a penalty he took in Portugal i wouldn't be surprised if he was in extra training.

Copy it and then zoom in.

The guy on the far right on the front row is Julio Santa Cruz, the spit of his brother. Not sure on quite a few of them though.

In Julio's first team shot on the offical site he looks like the love child of Roque and Zurab

Grella is a defensive midfielder, a very promising one.

Grella and his Australian teammate Mark Bresciano were excused from the 2005 Confederations Cup by the then Australian manager Frank Farina to allow them to take part in a relegation playoff between Parma and Bologna. Grella has described Bresciano as "even more than a brother" [2] ; they played together at the AIS, Carlton and Empoli, and were reunited in 2004 when he joined Parma, before Bresciano moved on to Palermo in 2006. He was named as captain of Parma for the 2006–07 season.

Interesting.

Id be excited with Bresciano but not Grella...

Why if I may ask?

Charlton manager Pardew has said that winger Jerome Thomas could be available if an offer came in.

Could he add something?

Surfing the footballer comfort zone - not worth the bother.

BTW: Is Grella anything that Emerton can't be, given time to develop into the defensive midfield role? I think Emerton could be a really effective defensive midfielder and will be wasted (and ineffective) at right wing.

They are polar opposites:

Grella is a defensive midfield player, a tackler, sits just in front of the defense.

Bresciano is an attacking midfield player.

Are there any links to the above and when do players have to be signed by to play for the Everton game?

Grella is a defensive midfield player, a tackler, sits just in front of the defense.

That's exactly what we need. Any clue about his passing abilities?

I wonder if Bert was asked about his Aussie team-mates and gave his views?

I would think so. It is common to ask for references from people who are in relation with the person you are wondering about.

Grella is a defensive midfielder, a very promising one.

Grella and his Australian teammate Mark Bresciano were excused from the 2005 Confederations Cup by the then Australian manager Frank Farina to allow them to take part in a relegation playoff between Parma and Bologna. Grella has described Bresciano as "even more than a brother" [2] ; they played together at the AIS, Carlton and Empoli, and were reunited in 2004 when he joined Parma, before Bresciano moved on to Palermo in 2006. He was named as captain of Parma for the 2006–07 season.

Interesting.

Why if I may ask?

Im not sure I would describe Grella as 'promising' - he is 28! Not sure how good he is - what do our Aussie contributors think?

Archived