BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nickos Thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Think we can work that out, MA/Wisey quoted 9 Million and KK put his foot in. There all pansies in the transfer market, that happens with Rovers though Ince says one thing and JW says another. Nicko apart from Man City, which Football Clubs are struggling in terms of finance, i know theres huge money in the Premiership, but there must be some clubs struggling in our league.

Most clubs are at their limit.

The irony is that Rovers are probably the most cash-rich around right now...if you discount Chelsea and their bottomless pockets.

I know the transfer deadline is officially the 31 Aug, but with it falling on a Sunday will it be extended into the 1 Sept?

Seem to recall something similar a few years ago.

At the last Fans' Forum John Williams suggested it may well be extended to the end of 1st September, as it has in the past when the last day fell on a Sunday. Our next meeting was due on 1st and we put it back 24 hours because of this.

Nicko - don't book your day off yet....

The irony is that Rovers are probably the most cash-rich around right now...if you discount Chelsea and their bottomless pockets.

LOADSA, LOADSA MONEY!

Ah! That brings back memories! ;)

Maybe I'm giving them a bit too much credit, but by keeping our hands in our pockets now; could we be waiting for the New Year sales when some clubs could be badly feeling the pinch and might need to offer some January sales?

So by taking your comments into account, the only club who should be buying from now till Sept 1st is the mighty RoverS!!! :rolleyes:

In all fairness it could be the reason why we haven`t made any major signings yet.Wait until the likes of sunderland and Fulham(sorry ffan!) have splashed their money around paying top whack for players etc.And then in the last week or so before the window shuts,do our business nice and quietly and pay reasonable fees for players rather than pay over the odds.

This used to happen when Hughes was here and i think the policy is more down to JW rather than the manager.

Maybe I'm giving them a bit too much credit, but by keeping our hands in our pockets now; could we be waiting for the New Year sales when some clubs could be badly feeling the pinch and might need to offer some January sales?

In January though players prices become even more over inflated! :blink:

Its a long time till January, were in need of quality now. I hope it comes soon rather than later!

But people on here say that about us every season.."well maybe we're keeping our powder dry until January", and then the January transfer window comes along and we never spend. I think you'd have to go back to Andy Cole being our last big money January signing. I could be wrong.

I just think that we need additions now. We have two and a half weeks, so it's certainly not panic time yet. But there is a worrying feeling that either a- Ince will spend some decent money on rushed signings simply to add numbers and to spend the Bentley/Hughes money or that b- He won't see any of it, which is THE big worry.

If we dont improve our squad now we could be involved in a relegation battle come January - If that is the case what quality player would come to rovers?

We need to spend now & spend big. Not sure if that will happen though.

£200,000...but you never know...he might have been great in training. ;)

Is that all, got to be worth the punt surely. Have you seen him play?

As for Fowler not being signed in time for tomorrow, I really do not get it. Surely Everton away would be the one match that you'd want him to play some part in?!

I've been hunting for his record againast them but no luck, I was sure it was good. Anyone know a website for this sort of stat??

I've been hunting for his record againast them but no luck, I was sure it was good. Anyone know a website for this sort of stat??

Just had a look and can't find anything, although since we have Everton this week maybe Ian Wright is worth a punt, 10 goals in 6 games against them! Not a single one against us either :)

Any truth in this Nicko?

http://www.manchestercity.vitalfootball.co...le.asp?a=120388

City improved offer for santa cruz

How can there be any truth in it if they can't even get the figure they offered right? It was £8m not £12m and its pure speculation making sure Citeh's Massive following still think they aren't it trouble.

About time Ince cleared up a few things :

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,1...3989650,00.html

"The likes of Roque and Steve Warnock, they're all staying, I don't want to sell my best players unless I want to sell them and Roque and Steve are two, definitely two players, that I don't want to sell and they definitely won't be sold."

Is that all, got to be worth the punt surely. Have you seen him play?

Don't know, but if you read this, it says he always seem to score against Everton.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ers/7563127.stm

Sunderland, Villa and possibly Spurs must be up there.

In terms of what? If you mean financially, can't comment on the other two but Villa are extremely financially secure. No debt and a chairman with very very deep pockets and a willingness to spend. You only have to look at his £5m donation to an art gallary and his donation of our shirt sponsorship rights to a childrens charity to know he isn't too worried about counting the pennies.

In terms of what? If you mean financially, can't comment on the other two but Villa are extremely financially secure. No debt and a chairman with very very deep pockets and a willingness to spend. You only have to look at his £5m donation to an art gallary and his donation of our shirt sponsorship rights to a childrens charity to know he isn't too worried about counting the pennies.

You are agreeing with JohnS there.

It's a shame that John Williams isn't more of a b'stard sometimes.

He should have told the media " "A bid came in last night and it was immediately rejected.

"Various Manchester City officials have been advised on a number of occasions that the player would not be for sale.

"We are very disappointed, therefore, that they have continued their interest BECAUSE £8m IS AS RETARDED AS IT IS INSULTING."

Any truth in this Nicko?

http://www.manchestercity.vitalfootball.co...le.asp?a=120388

City improved offer for santa cruz

Old story...I would say they are about £12 million SHORT of the money needed.

And I haven't heard of any bank robberies anywhere today.

Sunderland, Villa and possibly Spurs must be up there.

Sunderland possibly although they have had a fair old spend up already.

Villa may have a couple of dabbles but seem careful...and have the Barry issue to consider.

Spurs have bought and sold so many that they probably have enough for one out anjd one in.

So I would still say Rovers are right up there in that particular table right now.

nicko,

Have any new names come up on the radar for Rovers? Don't need name but just wondered if they are continually following the old targets or if a few new names are starting to crop up? Seems like names like Grella, Annan and Pennant etc has been knocking about for ages

What about Keith Andrews from MK Dons perhaps? :rock:

Archived