BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pc Gone Mad Mk2 (computer Problem )

A while ago I had to delete my browsing history due to a logging on problem with my computer (which turned out to be the broadband provider's fault) .

Ever since then I've had to fully log and give my usename and password to sites such as this and other such sites etc . How do I get back to the old days when the computer recognises me automatically ? I'v tried a few things but they haven't worked ....even when I tick the boxes telling them to remember me they don't !

PS - I'm not too computer literate :wacko:

Have you looked at your Internet Explorer settings and seen what security settings you have?

Also it might be your firewall / virus checker. I had dreadful problems with Norton

Norton is a horrible secuirty application IMO - More trouble than its worth!

Latest updates on Norton Anitvirus have had reported problems

How do I get back to the old days when the computer recognises me automatically ?

I think, but I'm not certain, you need to do this:

Internet Options

Tools

Content

AutoComplete

then tick the first three boxes.

If you can see Tools on your bar just click that and skip the Control Panel and Internet Options. As someone said if you are running Norton Antivirus this could be part of the problem.

:D.

I'm not that nasty :huh:

has it worked?

I had some problems with my router, which AOL kindly told me couldnt possibly the problem and instead it must be Internet Explorer.

I changed ISP, got a new router and lo and behold its working much better now.

Sorry Den - didn't know you were talking to me :wacko:

I'm not sure what you mean I'm afraid .... :unsure:

I mean are you logging in to www.brfcs.co.uk.

Rather than www.brfcs.com

? Might solve your logging in problem, might not.

I can't believe people still use AOL, it's evil.

Too bloody true.

Phil, (and anyone else)

I had Norton installed a few years back. As someone said "it takes over your computer." So does McAfee. On the recommendation of someone on here I started using

AVG

It's free, it's simple, it's smart & it updates itself in a few seconds when it needs to when you switch on the computer.

Archived