BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 2 Million Unemployed By Christmas

What went as low as 88p? Not the ones im monitoring! I got some sound advice so im monitoring a particular company.

Im monitoring them each day at the moment. Iv set myself up with a sheet to monitor the performance based on what buying & selling criteria I have set myself.

Yesterday I would of made £146 and today another £62.

Im just doing it paper/ fantasy based at the moment to get used to my strategy and see how it works.

Would of made £244 today already. So in total I would be up by £431.81 on an initial investment of £1000 in just 2 n abit days.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You manage to invest in some shares before Friday's boom in the stock market Hughesy?

One thing I don't get is how they can ban the short-selling of shares. When it is perfectly legal, surely you should be able to make money on share prices falling as well as share prices rising. :wacko:

You still can. The average Joe can still make/lose plenty of money short selling, they just have to do through derivatives or spread betting (very dangerous) websites such as IG index.

I believe it's also still possible to short shares on the stock market as long as you own them come the close of trading on that day. The borrowing facility has been suspended as the regulators believe it was being used to abuse the market. Which it clearly was. The way the hedge funds have gone about it has been frightening and all it means is a huge pot of cash will be shared amongst a much less smaller group of people this Christmas.

Would of made £244 today already. So in total I would be up by £431.81 on an initial investment of £1000 in just 2 n abit days.

But would you have taken your money after day 1 and missed out on another £200? And now what would you do? Take your money and run or leave it in for a few more days and risk the market swinging the other way. And if the market does go the other way, what do you do then? Leave it there until the market bounces back or cut your losses?

If you don't know the answers to these questions then I suggest you read Aussie's books before sticking your big toe in.

No id keep going. £200 is ok, but you still have to keep going. Iv put aside this £1k for shares, so no point me pulling it out so soon after only £200!

Id of kept my money - which is what iv done on my paper version. Then later tomorrow id re-invest it once the price comes down abit, then id hold on for abut, either end of the day or the day after.

Ok I continued that paper trail today, re-invested this morning, sold this aft - only making £26 today!

Been following another company today also - again on paper version. Invested £1000

So far a profit of £327 - which obviously I would sell at. AIG for anyone interested.

A couple worth watching in the next few weeks are Manulife, Oracle, AIG.

AIG for anyone interested.

Hughesy - AIG got bailed out, to the tune of $75b USD. They are 80% owned by the US Govt now. The short term rise is really no surpirse, based on the recent events in the last 4-5 days (temp hold on short selling, actual direct fed funding and the mortgage debt, 'buy-back' vehicle in place).

I know its paper trading, but be careful on AIG, they have an awful lot of CDS (credit default swap) exposure, that is yet to be exposed in full.

EDIT: Based on the end of week rally, it is no surprise that the DJIA is down... Check Asian + Pacific indices tomorrow, for a likely drop, based on the back of this movement.. (not that I am advising this) ;)

Close 22/09

NIKKEI 225 12,090.59 Up 169.73

HANG SENG INDEX 19,632.20 Up 304.47

S&P/ASX 200 INDEX 5,020.50 UP 216.40

Hughesy - AIG got bailed out, to the tune of $75b USD.

I know, thats what attracted me to them. The government saved them so I thought they would go back up, which so far today they have done. Thanks for the info too mate, not had chance yet to look through it, need to spend some serious study time on it.

I'm currently working at Bradford & Bingley, not for them, but for IBM, as they outsourced their IT department 10 years ago.

Its not looking good for either us or them at the moment, its been a very strange day in work, almost feels like i've been to a funeral. A lot of the B&B staff have lost a lot of money on shares too. No news on job cuts yet, but the feeling is its just a matter of time.

I'm currently looking for alternative work, would rather jump before I'm pushed, but the job market isn't looking very strong at the moment. Fingers crossed.

Had a look at their website, will give them a call tomorrow as I've been given my notice today, got 9 days of work left till i'm unemployed so its going to be a frantic 2 weeks of job hunting :(

Gutted mate!

Whats your background Jim? Il keep my eye out for you if you let me know what sort of experience you have. And what sort of salary expectations etc?

Cheers Hughesy, mainly looking for 2nd or 3rd line support, been scouring most of the job websites and applying for anything relevant. Wont go into my salary expectations.

Rules can be very different based on what is happening.

Are you going accross under TUPE? Basically the same terms & conditions your currently on, or are they going to change parts of your contract?

If its TUPE then everything stays the same.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

My company - Amaze - have a position available from 1st of November, details below. The company is based in Runcorn at the moment, but will move to Exchange Flags in Liverpool city centre in December.

Amaze are looking for an interim Information Management Administrator to work in the Managed Services Department, to cover maternity leave from 1st November. The main purpose of this role is to be responsible for supporting the administration of and providing end user support to grant holders in the use of a website in order to deliver their research papers. Tasks will include uploading documents onto a bespoke system (training will be given) and acting as a customer service point by telephone and email ensuring that Grant Holders can navigate website and make full use of all of its features.

Let me know by PM if you are interested in this position, its an excellent company to work for! It's currently top 10 of digital agencies in UK and number 1 in North West.

Cheers

Paal

Archived