BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 2 Million Unemployed By Christmas

All well and good, but those people paying the ridiculous fees for private healthcare and education also lead to the private system 'siphoning' off the best, and therefore highest paid, doctors and teachers. So they are paying twice, but getting the best.

Which would the NHS rather have, a top doctor or the 'tax' from someone whos income is technically only 20k a year (but real income is 200k in dividends higher)?

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But oh well, at least boom and bust have been eliminated!

:D

THE MEDIA reports seem to be full of such stories these days .

So much for "prudence" , no more boom and bust etc etc .......Labour lies swallowed whole by the terminally stupid .

....and now we've got to rely on the ex Trotskyist , Darling , to pull us out of the mire .

Roll on the next election and an end to overgrown student social experiments .

Some of the money from the phone sell of, and the gold reserves should have been kept tucked away for times like this. Instead there seems to have been a right binge on 'initiatives', 'targets' and all manner of ideological experiments to bring in private money into the NHS, education etc. To me, these seem to have created more nonsense jobs that don't really deal with what that particular place is supposed to do (i.e. a post for someone that tries to bring in funding for a hospital, and not a nurse or a compitant cleaner). Tons of money has probably been wasted in PFI schemes for the NHS, when it is obvious that patients are not consumers, and the money is better off being spent on training doctors or keeping hospitals clean.

For all those who have forgotten the misery of Tory Britain here are just of some the "highlights" from when they were in power from 1979 -97.

1. Worst two recessions since the second world war.

2. Unemployment doubled and hit 3 million twice.

3. Interest rates rose to 15 per cent and inflation to nearly 10 per cent.

4. Mortgage rates averaged over 11 per cent between 1979 and 1997.

5. From 1990 - 1993, 1.5 million households suffered negative equity and 250,000 families had their homes repossessed.

6. National debt doubled and more spent on servicing the debt than on schools.

7. Black Wednesday (16 September 1992) – the Tories’ ERM fiasco – cost Britain over £3 billion.

8. When the Tories were booted out in 1997, one in five families had no one in work and one in three children were growing up in poverty.

So there you have it : vote Tory for a better Britain.

THE MEDIA reports seem to be full of such stories these days .

So much for "prudence" , no more boom and bust etc etc .......Labour lies swallowed whole by the terminally stupid .

....and now we've got to rely on the ex Trotskyist , Darling , to pull us out of the mire .

Roll on the next election and an end to overgrown student social experiments .

What does it matter that he's an ex-trotskyist? He currently subscribes to the Gordon Brown model of Global Competitiveness.

It indicates that he was naive and stupid as a young man ...........and by taking on the poisoned chalice of chancellor in Brown's government it seems his judgement hasn't improved :rolleyes:

Oh ...and will someone tell jimbo he's pi$$ing in a Hurricane Gustav strength wind and getting ever so slightly wet ? :lol::lol:

It indicates that he was naive and stupid as a young man ...........and by taking on the poisoned chalice of chancellor in Brown's government it seems his judgement hasn't improved :rolleyes:

I certainly agree with you on the latter point, we'll beg to differ on the first - although it certainly wouldn't be my school of thought as far as Communist tendancies go, Trotskyism was far better than some of the alternatives at the time.

Of the classic economic academics and thinkers, which would you say you agree with most?

Even the dollar is making gains against us now (while still falling against everything else).

:rolleyes:

First statement true, second false. The dollar was about 1.60 against the Euro at the end of June and is now at 1.43. The Canadian Dollar was lower than the dollar before and is now above the dollar. Those are just 2 examples. Was looking the other day and for the day the dollar was up against everything except the Shekel and one other smaller currency.

I have no real political knowledge or interest TBH.

Do situations like this just not prove that the system does not work. Tories in power everything goes wrong, labour in power everything goes wrong. It will always be the same, no matter who is in charge. Gordon Brown has a bachelor of arts degree and yet is put in charge of all the nations monies, with no accountancy background??? Its the same with almost all their heads of departments.

They all come out with there grand ideas to change the country which in reality are not achievable and so do things to make sure they are achieved, they cover it up. The only people who suffer are us the populace. It really is depressing, will the Tories do any better no, Liberals no.

You watch them on the TV and all they care about is getting on over each other, its not about whats best for the country. Its like watching kids in the playground.

No business, which is what it is at its core would ever function like this. I'm sure they go into it with the best intentions but once in the monster they become part of it. Sorry state of affairs.

As I said no interest and never will have, not until they remember why they are there, for us.

For all those who have forgotten the misery of Tory Britain here are just of some the "highlights" from when they were in power from 1979 -97.

1. Worst two recessions since the second world war.

2. Unemployment doubled and hit 3 million twice.

3. Interest rates rose to 15 per cent and inflation to nearly 10 per cent.

4. Mortgage rates averaged over 11 per cent between 1979 and 1997.

5. From 1990 - 1993, 1.5 million households suffered negative equity and 250,000 families had their homes repossessed.

6. National debt doubled and more spent on servicing the debt than on schools.

7. Black Wednesday (16 September 1992) – the Tories’ ERM fiasco – cost Britain over £3 billion.

8. When the Tories were booted out in 1997, one in five families had no one in work and one in three children were growing up in poverty.

So there you have it : vote Tory for a better Britain.

:lol:

Jim you should have been a politician! And that is NOT a compliment.

To those who are too young to remember ask Jim the following........

1. How come the Tories won 4 General Elections on the run by huge record breaking majorities. (That fact alone blows Jims stupid post out of the water.)

2. What life was like in the 70's when the Labour Govt under Jim Callaghan was cow towing to the Trades Unions. In fact google 'winter of discontent' and read all about it yourself.

I certainly agree with you on the latter point, we'll beg to differ on the first - although it certainly wouldn't be my school of thought as far as Communist tendancies go, Trotskyism was far better than some of the alternatives at the time.

Of the classic economic academics and thinkers, which would you say you agree with most?

I'm really not too familiar with any of the classic economic theorists . But I do know that communism runs counter to human behaviour and instinct and is totally impractical in the non theoretical world .

Free market principles at least are realistic in the real world and have something going for them - on an individual and national basis . I think that might mean I'm inclined to the Adam Smith breed of economics ......but I'm not sure :unsure:

Well the one of Labours last couple of strong points of been able to offer jobs to the country has gone.Labour used to shout the Tory's down for the record down on unemployment in parliment for the 3million unemployed however this will no longer be the case.

What ever happened to the proper Labour party?

:(:(:(

I think they rebranded and sold out to their millionaire paymasters. :lol:

:lol:

1. How come the Tories won 4 General Elections on the run by huge record breaking majorities.

Because the Labour party was in disarray and unelectable, like the Tories now.

Doesn't alter the fact that the 18 years of Tory government were bloody awful.

Hmmm….. If the Tories are unelectable with a 20point+ opinion lead, was does that make the Labour party? :rolleyes:

Looks like you may never get to see another Labour government Jim! as people are so fed up with lies and utter Incompetence that they will be unelectable for the next decade.

Even you must realise how stupid your first sentence is? I'm no fan of the Tories but Labours only hope of not losing power at the next General election lies in that particle splitter kicking off a new big bang that destroys the entire universe..... Am I alone in suspecting that you are so politically embittered that you'd actually prefer that option?

btw I quite enjoyed the 80's and the General election results prove that the majority of voters did too.

And the last 11 years have been marvellous? <_<

We have a government leading us into recession with jobs being lost left right and centre.The company i work for let 10 people go last month and for the first time in 12 years of working there,we never got an annual pay rise.Also my 2 brother-in-laws have just been put on a 4 day week (that should bring back memories for our commie buddies ;) )at the company they work for.

We have a government who has invaded Iraq solely for the purpose of their oil fields-no other reason.

We have a government who lets energy companies raise prices by up to 35 PERCENT ANNUALLY (even though average salaries will be lucky to see a 3 percent rise) because they know the government are too gutless to do anything about it.

We have a government who blights our landscape by putting huge hideous wind farms over our countryside which half the time aren`t even switched on and produce little power.

We have a government who patronises everybody by telling them to think of the environment,even though they drive around in gas guzzlers themselves.

When the conservatives were booted out of Downing Street it was because change was needed,just the same as after 11 years of labour rule a change NOW is also needed.

And the last 11 years have been marvellous? <_<

We have a government leading us into recession with jobs being lost left right and centre.The company i work for let 10 people go last month and for the first time in 12 years of working there,we never got an annual pay rise.Also my 2 brother-in-laws have just been put on a 4 day week (that should bring back memories for our commie buddies ;) )at the company they work for.

Yes, the last 11 years have been marvellous with the longest period of economic growth for more than 300 years. The country has never had it so good.

Your second paragraph could have been written during one of the 80s recessions. Now you know what living under a Tory government is like.

Yes, the last 11 years have been marvellous with the longest period of economic growth for more than 300 years. The country has never had it so good.

Your second paragraph could have been written during one of the 80s recessions. Now you know what living under a Tory government is like.

You should have gone with the flow in those years of economic turnaround Jim instead of trying to swim against the current. From the depressed 70's with 3 day weeks, communist led strike after strike, winters of discontent to the economic miracles of the Thatcher years. If you had you might have been able to afford a house with more toilets than yours likely has rooms. Too late for you now of course. Never mind eh? ^_^

You should have gone with the flow in those years of economic turnaround Jim instead of trying to swim against the current. From the depressed 70's with 3 day weeks, communist led strike after strike, winters of discontent to the economic miracles of the Thatcher years. If you had you might have been able to afford a house with more toilets than yours likely has rooms. Too late for you now of course. Never mind eh? ^_^

I feel the need to open a window and scrub myself with carbolic soap every time I read one of your posts.

But it`s now under a labour government. ;)

The argument of "well it`s because of the tories" went past it`s sell by date years ago.This recession is purely down to labours ineptitude and lack of ability to run this country in a business like fashion.They have spent money they don`t have,and have set nothing aside for a `rainy day` as it were.

The polls don`t lie,people are sick of labour and i for one can`t wait until they are booted out.

Tell that to my brother-in-laws who are at risk of losing their jobs. :angry:

But it`s now under a labour government. ;)

.This recession is purely down to labours ineptitude

:

Strange, could have sworn there was a US subprime crisis and the subsequent worldwide credit crunch .

Tories got all the answers to that one eh ?

Tell that to my brother-in-laws who are at risk of losing their jobs. :angry:

Look on the bright side : they'll be able to have a chat in the WMC with the unemployed from the Thatcher era.

Archived